• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Jake Hyde Joins on Season Long Loan

When will Jake be fit again?

• Total voters
Im glad all this has been put to bed tbh. I thought for once we were having a good solid preseason with all the players bedding in, then injuries, missing out on kelly, embargo, dalby move and hyde speculation.

Seems a very good bit of business to me, time will tell but it feels like we are a commanding CB away from having a real crack this season.

"I think we’ve done ever so well to get him and he was desperate to come to the club. When we spoke, he couldn’t speak enough about how much he wanted to be here."
I think this, and some other 'quotes' have been put together to answer certain rumours about him not wanting to come and fears that he's been kind of forced on us rather than being a player from the infamous whiteboard.

This one as well... "... it’s always been a club I’ve been looking at from a far."
Not far enough he may have thought until yesterday.

In the scheme of things this is a pretty good deal in my opinion, sizeable cash fee for a player in last year of his deal & a proven scorer at this level on loan in a no risk type deal, could work out rather well for us here

Smart move by the club, we needed a body, when fit hes decent at this level and we would all been happy had Brown signed him when he tried last year.

Loan means no long term commitment at this stage and we aren't paying all his wage.Well done negotiators

My guess is that Hyde was expected to be permanent and the loan was an elegant way of dealing with the wages issue. I suspect the extra one will be ‘proper’ loan. Although as usual I wait for @BoyWonder2 to provide the lowdown.

Reactions: fbm
Back