• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Southend United v Boreham Wood, Saturday 6th August, 15:00ko, NL

Starting XI and Result

• Steve Arnold

Votes: 138 90.8%
  • Gus Scott-Morriss

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • Harry Taylor

Votes: 109 71.7%
  • Jaden Crowhust

Votes: 16 10.5%
  • Shaun Hobson

Votes: 121 79.6%
  • Ollie Kensdale

Votes: 137 90.1%
  • Louis Lomas

Votes: 38 25.0%
  • Nathan Ralph

Votes: 135 88.8%
  • Tom Clifford

Votes: 97 63.8%
  • Cavaghn Miley

Votes: 130 85.5%
  • Noor Husin

Votes: 95 62.5%
  • Wes Fonguck

Votes: 56 36.8%
  • Dan Mooney

Votes: 135 88.8%
  • Jack Bridge

Votes: 41 27.0%
  • Callum Powell

Votes: 114 75.0%
  • Chris Wreh

Votes: 54 35.5%
  • Collin Andeng-Ndi

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Tommy Davis

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Ollie Coker

• Jon Benton

• Louie Arrowsmith

• Luke Reeve

• Jake Hyde

Votes: 94 61.8%

• Win

Votes: 68 44.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 32 21.1%
  • Lose

Votes: 14 9.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Spot on.

The crowds this season will be a true reflection of how we are doing on (and off) the pitch. The Covid bounce and NL novelty factor are now gone.

We need a good season, or crowds will drop off a fair bit unfortunately. Home and away. But that will be the same for most I think. Maybe the exception being the marketing/financial giant that is Wr£xham.
But cost of living has kicked in and will have an impact

Ticket sales so far are a bit disappointing - just under 4400. Less than last seasons average attendance would be disappointing IMO, although the cost of living is really a big issue for many people.

Interestingly (well, I think it’s interesting lol), the clear laggard is the West Stand which has only 1400 or so tickets sold - other stands are doing better compared to normal. Normally the West would be 2000+ by this point before a league game.

I reckon we should be around 5500+ which isn’t too bad but would still be a little disappointing.
It’s holiday season people are away last seasons first game v Stockport was sound 5200 home fans looks like it will be similar this year

Spot on.

The crowds this season will be a true reflection of how we are doing on (and off) the pitch. The Covid bounce and NL novelty factor are now gone.

We need a good season, or crowds will drop off a fair bit unfortunately. Home and away. But that will be the same for most I think. Maybe the exception being the marketing/financial giant that is Wr£xham.
The season hasn't even started and everyone is talking about Wrexham as if they are Gods and all they have to do is turn up to win the title. Well, do you know what? **** them. They, and every other team in this division including us, will have to work for success. So bring it on and lets see who are the best team in the NL. Outrageously off topic, so I've given myself a good kicking and all is now well again.

Ticket sales so far are a bit disappointing - just under 4400. Less than last seasons average attendance would be disappointing IMO, although the cost of living is really a big issue for many people.

Interestingly (well, I think it’s interesting lol), the clear laggard is the West Stand which has only 1400 or so tickets sold - other stands are doing better compared to normal. Normally the West would be 2000+ by this point before a league game.

I reckon we should be around 5500+ which isn’t too bad but would still be a little disappointing.
Bought mine and travelling down... 1 closer to 4400

The season hasn't even started and everyone is talking about Wrexham as if they are Gods and all they have to do is turn up to win the title. Well, do you know what? **** them. They, and every other team in this division including us, will have to work for success. So bring it on and lets see who are the best team in the NL. Outrageously off topic, so I've given myself a good kicking and all is now well again.
All I said was Wr£xham maybe the exception to the rule, with regards to maintaining similar attendances to last season?!

I still think some of the other mods should give you a good shoeing just to make sure

All I said was Wr£xham maybe the exception to the rule, with regards to maintaining similar attendances to last season?!
Yep, you were just unlucky that you innocently touched on my pet hate of the moment and I felt the need to growl. Don't take it personally @Smiffy. :Winking:

I going down Southend tomorrow morning to buy mine

We easily see 5000 home sales come 3pm kick off, not bad considering it holiday season, as stated our first home game last year v Stockport we only sold around 5400 home tickets

So anything above 5000 is a good start.

Arnold
Crowhust Hobson Kensdale Ralph Clifford
Miley Husin
Mooney Hyde Powell

SUBS: Wreh, Fonguck, Bridge, Lomas, Taylor​

For reference of how much better that side looks 12 months on, this is how we lined up away at Kings Lynn 21st August 2021:

Arnold
Demetriou White Coulson Ralph Bridge
Ferguson Ogogo Phillips
Murphy Dalby

SUBS: Hobson, Egbri, Seaden, Kargbo, Dennis.
This seasons side beats last seasons side comfortably, and that's whilst still missing Murphy and Cardwell through injury.

Arnold
Miley Husin
Mooney Hyde Powell

For reference of how much better that side looks 12 months on, this is how we lined up away at Kings Lynn 21st August 2021:

Arnold
Ferguson Ogogo Phillips
Murphy Dalby

This seasons side beats last seasons side comfortably, and that's whilst still missing Murphy and Cardwell through injury.
We won the opening game last season.......with that team!

Arnold
Miley Husin
Mooney Hyde Powell

Arnold
Ferguson Ogogo Phillips
Murphy Dalby

I wonder if Kev remembers how well bridge played against these at home not so long ago? Man of the match and he scored will that come into his 🤔

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back