• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Summer/Autumn Transfer Targets/Rumours Thread 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m hoping we’re looking at a centre back and a striker. Hopefully Gubbins and a young Premiership/Championship striker to provide a bit of cover until Cardwell and Murphy are fit.

A centre half and a centre forward.

I believe we’ve narrowed down our centre forward to between two choices, both premier league sides.

I’ve not managed to get the name of the centre half as yet though.

I suspect if we need a goalie on loan for whatever reason it would be pretty simple to get one at short notice.

I suspect if we need a goalie on loan for whatever reason it would be pretty simple to get one at short notice.
I think the plan was to get one in on loan to compete with Steve and get CAN out on loan. Happy for CAN to stay as number 2 as I think he’s more than capable, but he needs games.

Last edited:
I think the plan was to get one in loan to compete with Steve and get CAN out on loan. Happy for CAN to stay as number 2 as I think he’s more than capable, but he needs games.

Believe that is still the plan, but is on the back burner a touch whilst we sort the priorities out.

Absolutely zero chance of getting him in before the weekend.

He may or may not want to come here and we may or may not want him.

But unfortunately his Parent club hold the cards and they aren't budging at the moment.

It's a real shame for Kacper as he should and deserves to be playing somewhere, whether it be here, the EFL or abroad, not sitting at home worrying about contract disputes.

I believe we’ve narrowed down our centre forward to between two choices, both premier league sides.

I'm hoping the centre half will only be a one month loan and then ..........

Thanks Boy Wonder

Hopefully it's Gubbins. A good left sided a defender. Did well for us in the end
I really like Gubbins, he would fit the mould of centre back that we already have - cultured, good in possession and at bringing the ball out of defence. He'd give balance and competition for that LCB role too.

HOWEVER.

I think we're too nice in the back 3. We need a horrible, nasty ******* who dominates in the air and sticks his head in where it hurts. So Gubbins or somebody in his mould wouldn't be a priority for me back there at the moment.

Fortunately I think the management team might feel the same way!

I really like Gubbins, he would fit the mould of centre back that we already have - cultured, good in possession and at bringing the ball out of defence. He'd give balance and competition for that LCB role too.

HOWEVER.

I think we're too nice in the back 3. We need a horrible, nasty ******* who dominates in the air and sticks his head in where it hurts. So Gubbins or somebody in his mould wouldn't be a priority for me back there at the moment.

Fortunately I think the management team might feel the same way!
Agreed, I think there is a distinct niceness and perhaps naivety at the back which a nasty ******* at the back, as you say, would help to stop.

This is why Lopata is so highly-rated - he is a no-nonsense defender, but he isn't in 30's, meaning he is the best of both worlds.

Ronaldo? After all he has played at Roots Hall before..........

All gone a bit quiet on this thread...... it's been overtaken by some issue over the West Stand.

Only the initials on the white board, “K.L.” but the L seems to have been struck through like a Ł - curious….

Just waiting for some news on loan players. It's Thursday evening - less than 48 hours before the first game of the season. Presumably there will be some news tomorrow ......... or we start with the group of players that we have/know.

Lol I'm not saying snap the boys legs. But you know early doors on a Sunday and you need to let the opposition know you're there. They have to be hard and horrible and sounds like cav Miley likes that.

Remember Timlin flying in to some challenges and thinking 'oh dear' but it always got you off your seat. Something about a big tackle that just gets me going.

I have only seen Cav Miley v the Gills. Many on here have mentioned him being a foot in sort of player. I think he is much smarter than that. Knows how to take a one and knows how to break play by conceding a free kick without it being a card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back