• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Supporters Group News Supporters Liaison Meeting 02/08/2022

Thanks for this, so;
Surely there's a 'conflict of interest' here, with Rylee Doe's feet in both camps:Winking: and I see that he was responsible for getting in the infamous Gilbert&Rose.
A Supporters Bar is a must at the new stadium and it was good to read about the work and thought going towards this, air-fryers may alarm the 'traditionalists', while I hope that local breweries will feature if one is installed.
Ridiculous that we were placed under an embargo for a 'difference of opinion over a rule' ?!?
Finally, just how long is the Shrimpers Bar 'snagging list'?

Surely these are minutes from the last SUFC/Trust meeting not the minutes from the various supporters group meeting that our reps attended?

Yes agreed. Though its good to see an overlap in questions (away tickets for example)

Was never really implemented anyway was it? Club as always effed it up and it became a non issue. Just can’t ever get anything right off the pitch so why should this have been any different? 🤔

Respectfully, I don't know a single person who couldn't get an away ticket last season. I'm the first to raise an issue when I see one ( I don't yet have my Season ticket for the 2nd year in a row for example) but the away tickets scheme feels like a non issue to me.

Right, now I've got my posting rights back, THANKS CRICKO!

I hadn't been naughty just changed my email address and the site seemed to throw a wobbly and not let me post or reply.

First up, thanks to Pale Blue Dot for coming along on Tuesday and holding the fort whilst I've been indisposed. I'm sure he found it interesting.

There seems to be a bit of confusion about the minutes posted earlier up the thread.
Those minutes are the Shrimpers Trust Liaison Meeting minutes with the club held on 22nd July, those meetings are purely between the Trust and the Club.
Quite a bit of that discussion crosses with what we were asked to raise at the Supporters Forum meeting on 2nd August.
In common with previous practice we are awaiting the sign off on those minutes by all present to ensure that what we put into this domain is accurate and correct.
I think I can speak for Pale Blue Dot as well as myself here when I say we have no intention of giving out any false information or conjecture, what you will get will be the truth and details as far as can be put in the public domain.

As soon as we have the signed off minutes they will be on here and you can discuss to your hearts content.

I can assure that all questions posted on PBD's original request thread and posted up until 18:00 on 2nd August were covered in the Forum...

Thanks @Cockle43 for clearing that up. Yes, I managed to get the Liaison Minutes amended so they could be published as promised.

There is still a fight to be had over the museum I think, and it will continue to be discussed when the opportunity arises.

If even @Napster gets confused over Trust Liaison Meeting Minutes and Supporters Group Meeting Minutes then there's not a lot of hope left for some of us!

Thanks @Cockle43 for clearing that up. Yes, I managed to get the Liaison Minutes amended so they could be published as promised.

There is still a fight to be had over the museum I think, and it will continue to be discussed when the opportunity arises.

If even @Napster gets confused over Trust Liaison Meeting Minutes and Supporters Group Meeting Minutes then there's not a lot of hope left for some of us!
Napster is currently basking in his fame from the press this week, so was distracted when he saw minutes

Respectfully, I don't know a single person who couldn't get an away ticket last season. I'm the first to raise an issue when I see one ( I don't yet have my Season ticket for the 2nd year in a row for example) but the away tickets scheme feels like a non issue to me.
That is true Pale Blue Dot and I don’t disagree with what you say but the club made a big issue about this away points ticket innovation but it was never properly implemented and the ticket office completely lost track of how many points people had.

I went to probably 10 away games last season but my points were never ever right to reflect this accurately and I think from memory, it showed I had around 140 or so.

My point is that the club brought this in with some fanfare yet never set it up properly or had any idea with it. If as some people think, Southend are challenging for promotion and in the run in at smaller grounds tickets are more scare, this would be the time to have used it don’t you think?

That is true Pale Blue Dot and I don’t disagree with what you say but the club made a big issue about this away points ticket innovation but it was never properly implemented and the ticket office completely lost track of how many points people had.

I went to probably 10 away games last season but my points were never ever right to reflect this accurately and I think from memory, it showed I had around 140 or so.

My point is that the club brought this in with some fanfare yet never set it up properly or had any idea with it. If as some people think, Southend are challenging for promotion and in the run in at smaller grounds tickets are more scare, this would be the time to have used it don’t you think?
What would have been the point in implementing the scheme when there wasn’t a single away game last season where there was a need for it?

On the last point, most of the smaller clubs sell their own tickets. So how would a loyalty scheme be of any use in that case anyway?

The club introduced the points scheme with good intentions but without realising that most clubs sold tickets themselves. Not really sure how it’s the clubs fault that most teams have a ticket policy that doesn’t support the use of a loyalty system. There are plenty of things the club can be criticised for, but I don’t think this complete non-issue is one of them.

What would have been the point in implementing the scheme when there wasn’t a single away game last season where there was a need for it?

On the last point, most of the smaller clubs sell their own tickets. So how would a loyalty scheme be of any use in that case anyway?

The club introduced the points scheme with good intentions but without realising that most clubs sold tickets themselves. Not really sure how it’s the clubs fault that most teams have a ticket policy that doesn’t support the use of a loyalty system. There are plenty of things the club can be criticised for, but I don’t think this complete non-issue is one of them.
Fair enough. We’ll beg to differ on this one then 👍

Back