• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Summer/Autumn Transfer Targets/Rumours Thread 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about if we brought one in by Saturday, then Hyde’s injury is sorted in a couple of weeks, and Murphy & Cardwell come back quicker. This loan signing could then be fourth or even fifth choice behind those and Wreh, but has to play a certain percentage of matches.

What if Murphy returns with goals in his first 5/6 matches, but then has to be dropped to the bench to accommodate this loan signing we brought in because we were between a rock and a hard place at that moment in time.
Play him at left wing back in place of Clifford? What could go wrong 🤣

Watching Cook give a number 9 masterclass for Bradford against Hull. Bullet header for his first. Can't beat a good cross and a header.

Boy do we need a player like that!

Been impressed with a certain Scott Banks for Bradford as well.. I’m assuming that’s the one who scored a couple against us for palace couple weeks ago?

Back on topic though, it’s Wednesday tomorrow and still we haven’t had any need regarding new faces ahead of the weekend. Surely we aren’t going in to that game with just Chris Wreh as our only striker option?

Been impressed with a certain Scott Banks for Bradford as well.. I’m assuming that’s the one who scored a couple against us for palace couple weeks ago?

Back on topic though, it’s Wednesday tomorrow and still we haven’t had any need regarding new faces ahead of the weekend. Surely we aren’t going in to that game with just Chris Wreh as our only striker option?
You can bet your bottom dollar we will be going into the weekend with only Wreh! Stick Hobsoninio up top along side as an old fashioned centre forward, big unit and after seeing his strike v Forest Green could certainly strike a ball. We definitely need two up top

You can bet your bottom dollar we will be going into the weekend with only Wreh! Stick Hobsoninio up top along side as an old fashioned centre forward, big unit and after seeing his strike v Forest Green could certainly strike a ball. We definitely need two up top
That was Nathan Ferguson. Hobson could only dream of scoring a goal like that. And so could I.

What about if we brought one in by Saturday, then Hyde’s injury is sorted in a couple of weeks, and Murphy & Cardwell come back quicker. This loan signing could then be fourth or even fifth choice behind those and Wreh, but has to play a certain percentage of matches.

What if Murphy returns with goals in his first 5/6 matches, but then has to be dropped to the bench to accommodate this loan signing we brought in because we were between a rock and a hard place at that moment in time.
….What if? What if?… the frivolity of this post pretty much sums up the tumultuous position the club is in.

….What if? What if?… the frivolity of this post pretty much sums up the tumultuous position the club is in.

So you’d be happy to bring someone in, who had to play a percentage of matches, regardless of their ability, their form, how they fit into the system, so they adapt the non-league football?

Okay.

Powell is Marmite.

For my eyes though, he's super frustrating to watch. He has 2 moves. The Stepover and the cut inside. Cant fault is effort, but he doesn't look up. End product reminds me of early JCR.
Then let's hope that we're seeing 'early Powell '.

If indeed we are, enjoy him while you can because he won't be with us for long.

I think it’s understandable that clubs want their loanees to get a guarantee of good game time - the whole point of a loan, from the bigger clubs perspective, is that it will enable their player to gain valuable experience, which won’t be had if they’re sitting on the bench most games.

I’m surprised we’re not agreeing to “guaranteed” playing time, who else have we got? :Hilarious:
But you don't want some other club dictating to our head coach who he selects to start a game.

So you’d be happy to bring someone in, who had to play a percentage of matches, regardless of their ability, their form, how they fit into the system, so they adapt the non-league football?

Okay.
I imagine the club will be looking for a one month or two month loan which we can unilaterally extend if we want or need to. Might be enough for the parent club that we commit to their desired % of minutes for that month or two and then when others are back from injury, just don't extend the loan any further.

Nathan's goal was sublime but If he hadn't scored we would all remember the amazing Volley that Hobson did
Yeah fair play. After posting that I had a think back and I do remember Hobson scoring fairly early on. That was a rare night of enjoyment that season.

Okay.
I completely agree with this. Too many unknowns (assuming it to be a young player) to risk a playing guarantee.

It's come up on my phones news feed that Wrexham are paying one of there keepers 6k a week if they are paying that for a keeper what are they paying out for strikers..
No wonder we can't compete with them when it comes to signing player's.

It's come up on my phones news feed that Wrexham are paying one of there keepers 6k a week if they are paying that for a keeper what are they paying out for strikers..
No wonder we can't compete with them when it comes to signing player's.

Jake Hyde is on approx. £2k a week (we aren't paying all of this, WAFC are paying about £900 of this).

Ollie Palmer and Paul Mullin are on between £4k and £6k a week. Plus bonuses.

more worryingly, its nearly COP Wednesday and still no new striker through the door. Can anyone offer any hope?

Okay.
No, not at all. I was just noting that there was a lot of what ifs and maybes. Ultimately it’s all unknown until it happens.

What if Hyde, Cardwell and Murphy are injured all season and we miss out on a high calibre loan, that has such a clause, who goes to another NL and ends up golden boot?

Hindsight will provide the answer…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back