• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What have you watched on TV?

Rings of power- I have absolutely no idea what was going on, or cared.

Second that - mind you seems that all hobbits (well most) have an Irish accent and all dwarves (well most) have a Scot's accent. Or was it the other way around ? Either way, tried to stick with it but so far is an expensive 'meh'......

Thoroughly enjoyed the S& G stuff/repeats on BBC4 last night and in the early hourse.As Paul Simon's lyric in Old Friends goes:-"How terribly strange to be 70" .Indeed.Especially when you first heard Bookends as a teenager!

Last edited:
We are Wrexham on Disney+

I hadn't realised that it was already being filmed as a documentary before they bought the club or pitched to the supporters trust.

Still waiting for Reynolds and McElhenney to say why they actually decided upon Wrexham as a club to purchase.

Little bit on Pull Mullins and the real reason why he chose Wrexham. It's closer to his family (I guess the £4k a week is just an added bonus). Interesting how some of his lesser paid colleagues in their house share in the 2021/2022 season wanted to tap him up for the cash. To quote "He probably pays in tax what I get paid"

Special mention for Southend in Episode 4 with the 2-2 draw. Queue discussion between Reynolds and McElhenney as to why some draws feel like wins and some draws feel like a lose.

The EastEnders throwback episode last night - really enjoyed it, filled in lots of holes or forgotten stuff and revealed the connection between DI Keeble and the Mitchells.

Props to the actor cast as young Phil, he was fantastic, captured every mannerism and nuance that we know in Steve McFadden's portrayal.

The EastEnders throwback episode last night - really enjoyed it, filled in lots of holes or forgotten stuff and revealed the connection between DI Keeble and the Mitchells.

Props to the actor cast as young Phil, he was fantastic, captured every mannerism and nuance that we know in Steve McFadden's portrayal.

Do we really need an Eastenders origins show?

They should have left it - it's family.

Still waiting for Reynolds and McElhenney to say why they actually decided upon Wrexham
Not watched the documentary but Wrexham was probably a good choice for them since they were debt free and fan owned (prior to RR's takeover). That meant the money could go straight into strengthening the squad instead of paying off debt (which would have happened if they'd bought us) and since they've never owned a club before I imagine having the previous owners be fans meant that they were willing to help fill any gaps in RR's knowledge of running a club.

Not watched the documentary but Wrexham was probably a good choice for them since they were debt free and fan owned (prior to RR's takeover). That meant the money could go straight into strengthening the squad instead of paying off debt (which would have happened if they'd bought us) and since they've never owned a club before I imagine having the previous owners be fans meant that they were willing to help fill any gaps in RR's knowledge of running a club.
Our club is debt free (other than to group companies and Ron’s said he’ll write that down) but mainly because no one would dare lend us any money.

Our club is debt free (other than to group companies and Ron’s said he’ll write that down) but mainly because no one would dare lend us any money.
That's true but I imagine if anyone wanted to buy the club Ron would be asking for those debts to be repaid, it's only when the stadium has been built that he's said he'll wipe them isn't it?

1883 - 10 part Western series charting the journey of a wagon train of immigrants to Oregon. Sam Elliott is the wagon master leading the way and he is one of my favourite cowboys on film, even at the age of 78!!

Back