• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The worsening situation in Ukraine

Good news. Lavrov, Russia's Foreign Minister has just emphasised in an interview with the BBC, that they did not invade Ukraine, and there is no war. He even said ''Invasion, what invasion?''.
PHEW. For months I have been thinking this war in Ukraine was real. Damn all those news outlets making these fake images. Fooling us like that.

Good news. Lavrov, Russia's Foreign Minister has just emphasised in an interview with the BBC, that they did not invade Ukraine, and there is no war. He even said ''Invasion, what invasion?''.
PHEW. For months I have been thinking this war in Ukraine was real. Damn all those news outlets making these fake images. Fooling us like that.

That seems to be the view across russia.

I was watching something on youtube the other day where a guy was showing russians pictures of bomded Cities, the people he showed didn't believe him.

This has for sure put the wind up NATO and how many countries are now thinking f..k how daft was we to think something like this would ever happen again.

Russians targets are deliberately picked out for maximum impact purposes and because they are so **** sure NATO won’t challenge them, this will go on for years and years.

Personally, I think they will have at least half of Ukraine by this time next year and in that time might even try to venture out further afield like Modolva.

Six months of war.
News is that Russia and Ukraine may have a UN and Turkey monitoring system to allow grain shipments.
The normalisation of things like this for finance and global markets and politics is, surely, abhorrent to the families of those fighting and dying?
Ought not the emphasis be on full ceasefire and the like?

Six months of war.
News is that Russia and Ukraine may have a UN and Turkey monitoring system to allow grain shipments.
The normalisation of things like this for finance and global markets and politics is, surely, abhorrent to the families of those fighting and dying?
I agree completely.

Six months of war.
Full ceasefire maybe ideal but on what terms can that be that don’t end with Ukraine re-integrated as a part of Russia and/or face erasure from world maps?

For me, @kaymac, I hope the way forward is a ceasefire, a new UN Policed international border, seperate states (new)East Ukraine, and West Ukraine.
Then the West gets behind the West Ukraine and helps rebuild, NATO, civil rights etc and the parallel happens as it did with the post WW2 Germanies, but faster, and that leads to a re-unification.
All a long "game" but IMO, atm, the only game play that has a hope.

Admire your hopeful suggestion but very much doubt Putin would would be anywhere near to agreeing such an arrangement. Presume you mean for a new East Ukraine to become Russian-controlled(?) if so cannot envisage Putin agreeing to accept just a half-share when he could press ahead to try and take over the entire country…let alone allow UN peacekeepers monitor a new border.

Kicking the can. West Ukraine would become a rich European country, east Ukraine a stasi hellhole.. they would have to build a wall to,stop people leaving. Etc etc etc. 30 years later we have to endure David hasslehoff again when it’s gets pulled down.. Putin needs beating now ….

Ukraine on the offensive, Russia cuts gas thru pipeline, 6 months fighting, bad goes to worse and the autumn ain't going to be much fun for anyone except weapon dealers and energy company share holders.

Reactions: JAL
Energy prices are falling, not that we will see any benefit for a while.. most of the heavy work in getting off Russian supplies has been done , except in Germany and Italy ? The knock on in high european and by default uk gas prices. Crude, natural gas in the states all falling now . Ukraine will be in range of the Crimea soon. Then it may get really ugly

Energy prices are falling, not that we will see any benefit for a while.. most of the heavy work in getting off Russian supplies has been done , except in Germany and Italy ? The knock on in high european and by default uk gas prices. Crude, natural gas in the states all falling now . Ukraine will be in range of the Crimea soon. Then it may get really ugly
UK gas prices are 15% higher today than a month ago, whilst that's better than the recent peak on 26 Aug, I think its a touch too soon to say energy prices are falling in Europe/UK. The situation remains very fragile, a cold autumn/start to winter and prices will rocket

There are countries in thd world that cannot lose a war and russia is one of them. He will up the ante, with what I dread to think

Back