• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

New 3rd Kit Released

Nothing wrong with pink .... although not sold on the blend of green trim ... and a horrible green too!

Personally I would have preferred a more luminous pink...shocking pink. This resembles a white shirt that someone left in a red sock in by mistake at the same time? But others seem to be in favour - so what do I know. As long as we win whenever we wear it.

'Real sensitivity'? OK, fine with me.
FYI, check the Cambridge Dictionary definition of 'poncy'.

Mate, if I have to go around checking the dictionary for definitions, it’s highly unlikely the word has been used in the context you have taken it. You know when someone is being intentionally offensive or not, without having to look for a hidden meanings in the Cambridge dictionary.

Anyway, I always associate the word ponce with someone who’s constantly looking to borrow/take something without replacing or giving that something back.

I.e. can I ponce a fag, can I ponce a lift, can I ponce £10 etc etc.

What we can say for definite is, many people will know many words which have multiple meanings and variations.

Neither myself nor anyone else - at least publicly - has taken any of the comments in the same vein as you have, so I’m inclined to believe there’s nothing to see here. If I’m wrong, (it does happen from time-to-time) I’d advise people to report any post they deem offensive which automatically brings it to the attention of the owner/mod team, at which point it will be discussed and acted upon if necessary.

Until that happens, let’s not derail the thread anymore & just discuss the new kit, eh?

Nice, really like this one. I'm a little too old to be buying replica shirts, but my teenage son definitely wants one. 🤷‍♂️

Mate, if I have to go around checking the dictionary for definitions, it’s highly unlikely the word has been used in the context you have taken it. You know when someone is being intentionally offensive or not, without having to look for a hidden meanings in the Cambridge dictionary.

Anyway, I always associate the word ponce with someone who’s constantly looking to borrow/take something without replacing or giving that something back.

What we can say for definite is, many people will know many words which have multiple meanings and variations.

Neither myself nor anyone else - at least publicly - has taken any of the comments in the same vein as you have, so I’m inclined to believe there’s nothing to see here. If I’m wrong, (it does happen from time-to-time) I’d advise people to report any post they deem offensive which automatically brings it to the attention of the owner/mod team, at which point it will be discussed and acted upon if necessary.

Until that happens, let’s not derail the thread anymore & just discuss the new kit, eh?
Why are you poncing a fag you homophobe 😂

The pattern is very stylish, as indeed is the colour, but the collar and most of all the sponsor let it down. If you're going to go for an unconventional colour like that you need to go all out with making it a fashion statement, not fit it into a bog standard football kit template. A classy/modern collar, a more professional sponsor's logo, and suddenly it would be the kind of thing people would be sharing on Twitter on awe if it were well modelled/photographed and associated with some Italian Serie B club.

Macron are trying, bless them. As with the other kits this season, it seems like they're on to something, they just haven't quite got that touch of class that others would deliver it with.

For what it's worth, the above photo is the first one I've seen where I've thought at a glance it looks good, which makes me think that it's likely to wash out lighter skin tones and look a lot nicer on darker skin. If you put a Dulux colour chart up against me you'd be buying brilliant white so I'm inclined to pass...

Agree.
I neither attempted to derail nor cause concern.
My first post #18 was supportive, and made a joke out of our second kit!
I intend to by a third kit, or rather the shirt.
The reaction of others forced me to explain the comment about pink for girls and poncey.
No 'hidden' meaning, btw. Anyone can read the definition.

Back