• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The worsening situation in Ukraine

There are countries in thd world that cannot lose a war and russia is one of them. He will up the ante, with what I dread to think

Like all modern wars it has been carefully managed to create maximum fear amongst those who aren't awake and maximum profit for the industrial/military complex....Profit equals more power and control.

Whats coming next? More of the same with bells on. We are in the same position as September 1939.....It could have been stopped at the start of this thread. To late now, so best make a plan before the others around you realise.

There are countries in thd world that cannot lose a war and russia is one of them. He will up the ante, with what I dread to think
Happened to them , as us( a few times), in Afghanistan.
Could also be argued that losing the Cold War was a big hit too.

It's a War putin can't win and never was going too, unless he brings out his big guns (chemicals), even then he knows he'll lose.

Energy prices are still falling. Putin has lost. He will probably lose crimea as well .
there can be no ceasefire now , too much blood money has been spent. It’s back to the original border . Any bits ‘negotiated’ to russia in some french fronted ceasefire will just end up being terrorist hell holes.

putin upping the ante calling up another 300k Civilians. And holding a referendum which is quite laughable, I think everyone in the West already knows the outcome of that.

putin upping the ante calling up another 300k Civilians. And holding a referendum which is quite laughable, I think everyone in the West already knows the outcome of that.
And threatening nuclear again - which is probably the most worrying part

I prefer not to worry. If the nukes fly we'll all be obliterated and there's nothing we can do about it.

It's become a bit of an empty threat considering how many times it's been thrown about since WW2.

Putin needs to come up with something a bit more original IMO.

Reactions: JAL

That's an empty threat, he's just called up 300k Cililians, I very much doubt russia have enough NBC (Nuclear/Bialogical/Chemical) protection for it's current troops, let alone another 300k. The russian equipment is very dated.

When you start seeing russian troops clean shaven, that's when you might need to worry. At present, they're all growing long beards.

It is reservists that are being recalled, less training?
A very high risk strategy, many may decide to not answer the call and join dissenting groups and heightening internal unrest in Russia.
Conscripting citizens while promising bounty and big money to others, especially mercs and crims, is also diversive.
Putin could be scoring some own goals.

It is reservists that are being recalled, less training?
A very high risk strategy, many may decide to not answer the call and join dissenting groups and heightening internal unrest in Russia.
Conscripting citizens while promising bounty and big money to others, especially mercs and crims, is also diversive.
Putin could be scoring some own goals.

They are Ciivilians who have previously served in the russian Army. In the UK we have 3 levels, firstly you have the British Army who are full time, then you have the British Army reserves who are VERY well trained part time soldiers. Then you have the reservists, who have served in the past, who remain to be reservists up until they're 40 years of age, where the Military can call them up.

The Navy and RAF have the same, but the ages would differ.

russia are calling up what we would consider as tier 3, and yes they will need months of training.

All flights out of Russia (where they can fly to) fully booked. Looks like the middle classes are getting their sons out of the call up

They are Ciivilians who have previously served in the russian Army. In the UK we have 3 levels, firstly you have the British Army who are full time, then you have the British Army reserves who are VERY well trained part time soldiers. Then you have the reservists, who have served in the past, who remain to be reservists up until they're 40 years

russia are calling up what we would consider as tier 3, and yes they will need months of training.
My understanding of Russian conscripts training is limited but I suspect that for many their time in Russian military was largely spent as cheap labour and menial guard duty, without much weapon or manoeuvre training.

My understanding of Russian conscripts training is limited but I suspect that for many their time in Russian military was largely spent as cheap labour and menial guard duty, without much weapon or manoeuvre training.

The 300k they're calling up are going to be very poor and lambs to the slaughter for sure.

I could pick up most weapons and work out how to fire it, dismantle, clean and reassemble, that doesn't make me a combat ready Soldier.

russia are going to lose a lot more men and women, it's crazy, it's a War russia can't win.

Protests have already started in russia.

Last edited:
That's an empty threat, he's just called up 300k Cililians, I very much doubt russia have enough NBC (Nuclear/Bialogical/Chemical) protection for it's current troops, let alone another 300k. The russian equipment is very dated.

When you start seeing russian troops clean shaven, that's when you might need to worry. At present, they're all growing long beards.
I doubt he cares very much about the 300k civilians.

The shaving I'm guessing is hinting at masks being able to fit properly. Again I doubt he cares.

Going nuclear will be his last roll of the dice as he risks a huge international reaction

Last edited:
I prefer not to worry. If the nukes fly we'll all be obliterated and there's nothing we can do about it.

It's become a bit of an empty threat considering how many times it's been thrown about since WW2.

Putin needs to come up with something a bit more original IMO.

Depends a bit doesn't it - could be 'local' strikes - with fallout carried on the wind (sort of like Chernobyl I guess but potentially worse in term of impact but not a quick obliteration)

There's some cheery thoughts for a Wed evening!

Look like at least one of the Brits sentenced to death and a couple of Americans have been freed by the Russians. They've been flown to Saudi.

Good news

I doubt he cares very much about the 300k civilians.

The shaving I'm guessing is hinting at masks being able to fit properly. Again I doubt he cares.

Going nuclear will be his last role of the dice as he risks a huge international reaction

Yes spot on and contamination, hair particles hold the most contamination which is harder to de-contaminate, that's why the British Army are clean shaven.

The West do look at changes in appearance of russian troops, it's a good indication and is constantly monitored...

Last edited:
Yes spot on and contamination, hair particles hold the most contamination which is harder to de-contaminate, that's why the British Army are clean shaven.

The West do look at changes in appearance of russian troops, it's a good indication and is constantly monitored...

Interesting - I guess I just wouldn't equate bearded troops as a signal that Putin isn't going to nuke. I suspect, if he does it, it's because he thinks it's all over for him, and it's a 'If I'm going down I'll take as many others with me as possible' type thing. Let's hope not though!

Back