• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The worsening situation in Ukraine

Like all modern wars it has been carefully managed to create maximum fear amongst those who aren't awake and maximum profit for the industrial/military complex....Profit equals more power and control.

Whats coming next? More of the same with bells on. We are in the same position as September 1939.....It could have been stopped at the start of this thread. To late now, so best make a plan before the others around you realise.
I' d say that's a bit melodramtic 1989 quite possibly.FWIW I take my hat off metaphorically speaking to a good mate in SOS who saw what Putin was upto with the invasion of Crimea in 2014..Like most on the left I didn't.Mea culpa.:Cry:

Interesting - I guess I just wouldn't equate bearded troops as a signal that Putin isn't going to nuke. I suspect, if he does it, it's because he thinks it's all over for him, and it's a 'If I'm going down I'll take as many others with me as possible' type thing. Let's hope not though!

It's not a 100% indication but it would be a fair reflection if you started seeing clean shaven russian units.

That doesn't just mean Nukes but also Chemicals/biological weapons used.

The West do believe that the above two are a possibility.

You have to separate Chemical/Biological Warfare from Nuclear, Nuclear is end game.

Last edited:
35 km queues of traffic to get into Finland from Russia. Long queues at the Georgian border as well. I imagine neither country will want a few hundred thousand Russian young men milling around. Especially Georgia after recent history.

35 km queues of traffic to get into Finland from Russia. Long queues at the Georgian border as well. I imagine neither country will want a few hundred thousand Russian young men milling around. Especially Georgia after recent history.

Oh dear, where are you from?

Are Finland letting them in?

russians fleeing makes me laugh, I'm guessing they're carefully removing all Z stickers from their cars before they make their journey....

You mean the cars they nicked from Ukraine citizens.

Indeed.

I really have ZERO sympathy for those fleeing as well as those protesting. These were probably the same people who didn't give a rats arse when russia invaded Ukraine.

That's Karma for you. :)

Russia has become Ukraine’s top military donor by sheer number of vehicles, Russia’s contribution to Ukraine is impressive. Since the large-scale invasion began, Ukraine has captured 392 Russian tanks, 178 armored fighting vehicles, 421 infantry fighting vehicles and 400 trucks, vehicles and jeeps.

Russia has become Ukraine’s top military donor by sheer number of vehicles, Russia’s contribution to Ukraine is impressive. Since the large-scale invasion began, Ukraine has captured 392 Russian tanks, 178 armored fighting vehicles, 421 infantry fighting vehicles and 400 trucks, vehicles and jeeps.

The 300k are Cannon fodder. Stalingrad 1942, troops where sent torwards the Nazi's without weapons, the orders were to pick up the weapon and ammunition from the man next to you who was killed. Nothing has changed with russias total disregard for human life.

Yes spot on and contamination, hair particles hold the most contamination which is harder to de-contaminate, that's why the British Army are clean shaven.

The West do look at changes in appearance of russian troops, it's a good indication and is constantly monitored...

It is to make sure your face mask has a proper seal. Same as the fire service. If you don't have that you wont have to worry about being decontaminated.

It is to make sure your face mask has a proper seal. Same as the fire service. If you don't have that you wont have to worry about being decontaminated.

Yeah pretty much, it's common sense, when you eat, without a beard, you have less to decontaminate after, before you put you respirator back on...

Troops still have to eat, decontamination is necessary......

The Russian army is fecked. The feint to the south panicked them into moving all their best troops to Kherzon to defend the crimea. The Ukraine army is applying just enough force to pin them there. They can’t disengage and get back to the Donbas. Meanwhile the Russian northern flank is continuing to collapse. It’s almost like a couple of top military nations with excellent surveillance are advising the Ukrainian army

The annexation of the territories has upped the ante somewhat. From the Russian perspective, Ukraine is now fighting on Russian soil. And weapons supplied by Nato are being used to attack Russia. It's potentially a serious escalation.

I listened to a call with a former US Secretary of Defence. It was depressing. He couldn't see how the war now ends - Putin has just shut off his 'face saving' way out. Ukraine won't agree to concede territory. He feared if Putin was deposed, a might hard liner would replace.

So Putin is hosting a signing ceremony right now for the annexation of four areas of Ukraine(Land grab). He just said the results have come through, and people have made their choice(Fixed vote). He said this is the will of Millions of Ukrainian people ,Lol. As I said when this thread started, it's all about a land grab. It was always about how much of the Ukraine they can get away with. He said those people in those four areas are now Russian citizens forever. He kept repeating this is the will of the people. He must think the rest of the world is stupid. Very sad day.
He then went on a long nonsense speech having a go at the West, making us out to be the bad guys, especially America. He said America occupies Korea, Japan and Germany,(Huh?) and they allow it. He even quoted Jesus.
The signing of the four areas has been done, to a standing ovation. But the four men signing on behalf of those Ukrainian areas were Russian, Russian puppets. They even had a little triumphant sing song with Putin at the end. Surely if it was the will of the people, it would have been signed by Ukrainian leaders. But we all know it's all a sham.

Last edited:
Back