• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Backroom Staff Salary Issues

I agree. But I don't think we can survive as we are until FF is complete/near complete.

Change at the top is needed now. It will give the whole place a lift and finally the club and it's people will flourish.

An agreement needs to be reached somehow for new owners to come in ASAP and take full control of the club, whilst Ron obviously needs to maintain a large share of his property empire (I don't think any of us really begrudge that)

A tricky but doable transaction if all parties have good intentions, are reasonable and are willing to get round a table to thrash something out for the good of our club.

Maintaining the status quo is not an option. Batting away offers is not an option. Tick tock.....

I agree.

Change at the top is most definitely required.

I hope an agreement can be made, I’m not as confident as yourself however.

RM will want/deserve his slice of the pie. That’s his pot of the gold, which he won’t give up easily, and rightly so.

Once the stadium work, not the training ground, gets underway, be interesting to see how things develop.

I had always been told October will be a crucial month for us. No one ever confirmed why, but isn’t that the finish date for training pitches/next phase underway. I’d been told we would be flying close to the seat of our pants until then, and that’s proving to be the case.

Hopefully this has a happy ending for all involved.

What’s the latest with Carl? There was a lot of talk, then threads got shut early again, and it’s been a bit quiet.

I agree. But I don't think we can survive as we are until FF is complete/near complete.

Change at the top is needed now. It will give the whole place a lift and finally the club and it's people will flourish.

An agreement needs to be reached somehow for new owners to come in ASAP and take full control of the club, whilst Ron obviously needs to maintain a large share of his property empire (I don't think any of us really begrudge that)

A tricky but doable transaction if all parties have good intentions, are reasonable and are willing to get round a table to thrash something out for the good of our club.

Maintaining the status quo is not an option. Batting away offers in not an option. Tick tock.....
I think we will survive until then because Ron and those behind the development will ensure we do. And Ron will sell when the stadium is done (the three sides at the least).
I don't say this because I want it to be so but because i am sure it will be so. For reasons endlessly debated previously.

Meantime we are not enjoying the ride. Ron needs to find a way of recapitalising the club until the point of sale is reached and given the development in the background it is not acceptable not to do so.

the biggest thing is losing the debts(s)

also getting a management with a focus on progressing the football club (not doing a property business) and getting control of all the incoming revenues.... wheres the money gone .. Dalby, Kelman, Bishop,,

If the fans via a legally constituted organisation created a 2.5million fund
(5000 fans @GBP 500 a vote) they could get control of the club and all incoming revenues and make the blooming thing work ..

when or if mr big or sheik blah blah turns up you can vote to sell ..

there is a lot of ifs and buts - Roots Hall/FF etc etc but the council, the FA, Vanarama, the footballing community, the politicians - would all prefer to see a fan led club emerge.

maybe nothing will happen until the situation really explodes - but administration could be a good thing ...

I guess its time for a lot of supporters to reflect on how much time and effort they are really prepared to give if it all comes down to it ..

But haven’t we been told the debts are all effectively “paper debts” and won’t be called in by RM. Obviously we are relying on RM being a man of his word there….

We do have a management team focused on progressing the football club, and RM, to his credit, has largely taken a back seat, apart from the stadium side of things.

The majority of transfer fees you talk about are next to nothing, paid in instalments, and dependant on those players being successful in their career elsewhere. They will go into trying to keep the clubs noses above water, which works some months, but not others, hence why RM and his group of companies have to put “money” in.

Just a couple of things before the conspiracy theories start.

I didn't rejoin the club to be anyone's patsy, and everyone at the club knows that from the top down, so Benjamin would do well and so would everyone reading this, remember that I'm here to be a part of a positive change which ends with a club that is known for best practice, transparency, accountability and sustainability. All words I know, but everyone who's come in since 2021 and existing staff are working their tails off to move the club forward.

I tread a fine path between a promise to supporters of positive change from last year, a role within the club to influence change or leaving the club and having no influence to change anything.

I will not walk away from the supporters.

In the near year I've been at the club I've seen first hand the work Tom Lawrence, Football Department have done along with existing staff and it's fair to say that a more honest group of hard working and caring individuals you'll do well to find. That's the truth.

But there are only so many meetings, so much work, and so many words that can replace tangible decisions that place the club on a sustainable path.

I speak only for myself and I'm posting this because you deserve communication, not silence, but I know the sentiments will be echoed by many of you who've supported this club for decades, along with staff, many who are caught up in the cost of living crisis and can ill afford to not be paid for their hard work.

I will discharge my promise to all of you that Southend United Football Club will be sustainable, competitive and discharge its responsibilities in good time.

But we are getting perilously close to the time when lines have to be drawn because good people with good intentions and abilities are being adversely affected. This must change immediately.

Stan.
Thanks Stan

Just a couple of things before the conspiracy theories start.

I didn't rejoin the club to be anyone's patsy, and everyone at the club knows that from the top down, so Benjamin would do well and so would everyone reading this, remember that I'm here to be a part of a positive change which ends with a club that is known for best practice, transparency, accountability and sustainability. All words I know, but everyone who's come in since 2021 and existing staff are working their tails off to move the club forward.

I tread a fine path between a promise to supporters of positive change from last year, a role within the club to influence change or leaving the club and having no influence to change anything.

I will not walk away from the supporters.

In the near year I've been at the club I've seen first hand the work Tom Lawrence, Football Department have done along with existing staff and it's fair to say that a more honest group of hard working and caring individuals you'll do well to find. That's the truth.

But there are only so many meetings, so much work, and so many words that can replace tangible decisions that place the club on a sustainable path.

I speak only for myself and I'm posting this because you deserve communication, not silence, but I know the sentiments will be echoed by many of you who've supported this club for decades, along with staff, many who are caught up in the cost of living crisis and can ill afford to not be paid for their hard work.

I will discharge my promise to all of you that Southend United Football Club will be sustainable, competitive and discharge its responsibilities in good time.

But we are getting perilously close to the time when lines have to be drawn because good people with good intentions and abilities are being adversely affected. This must change immediately.

Stan.

Have you been paid on time? And if so, how was the decision made that you would receive your wages on time in full and other more junior roles would not?

I agree.

Change at the top is most definitely required.

I hope an agreement can be made, I’m not as confident as yourself however.

RM will want/deserve his slice of the pie. That’s his pot of the gold, which he won’t give up easily, and rightly so.

Once the stadium work, not the training ground, gets underway, be interesting to see how things develop.

I had always been told October will be a crucial month for us. No one ever confirmed why, but isn’t that the finish date for training pitches/next phase underway. I’d been told we would be flying close to the seat of our pants until then, and that’s proving to be the case.

Hopefully this has a happy ending for all involved.

What’s the latest with Carl? There was a lot of talk, then threads got shut early again, and it’s been a bit quiet.
Yeah I think you can probably move that until at least Jan/Feb now. A worrying thought.

This is in no way a pro-RM post, however….

Having watched the majority of the Wrexham documentary, it’s mentioned by the fans, on numerous occasions, how the fan ownership didn’t work. Are there any successful fan owned clubs?

Don’t forget, how things currently work. Kev et all decide we need a striker (for example), and RM has to find the money from somewhere for his transfer fee, wages, relocation money, signing on fee, etc etc. That money still needs to be found whether we are under a new person, a fan owned Club, or Hollywood.

We have a 5k supporter base now, and we aren’t fine. How does that change when RM is gone and we are fan owned?

This cannot continue under RM’s leadership, we will never reach our full potential under RM again, but I genuinely believe he will be gone once FF is complete/almost complete.

As I’ve said, on numerous occasions, I stay out of the financial stuff, so wouldn’t be able to say, with ITK knowledge, how much a player earns for example, and I stay out of all non-playing staff, which is what this issue is. Once again, the management team/playing staff are all up-to-date, but that isn’t what the problem appears to be.

Finally, any dig at TL in this situation is frankly laughable. I dread to think where we would be as a football Club without TL.

Are you his son, Martin Martin ?

If basic wages are not being paid are the VAT and PAYE/NIC (on the wages that are being paid) being paid to HMRC. Missed VAT and PAYE/NIC payments normally mean an immediate transfer embargo at NL level.

can we expect another HMRC winding up petition soon?
Yes we can hence why the new kit was launched all the lies and bull **** about new funds extra funds becoming available in October have always been bull**** …

Have you been paid on time? And if so, how was the decision made that you would receive your wages on time in full and other more junior roles would not?
Stan has explained previously he hasn't been paid a penny by the club since when he left us as a player... I think we need to leave the management team out of this issue...it not a problem they can solve and it's a distraction.

the biggest thing is losing the debts(s)

also getting a management with a focus on progressing the football club (not doing a property business) and getting control of all the incoming revenues.... wheres the money gone .. Dalby, Kelman, Bishop,,

If the fans via a legally constituted organisation created a 2.5million fund
(5000 fans @GBP 500 a vote) they could get control of the club and all incoming revenues and make the blooming thing work ..

when or if mr big or sheik blah blah turns up you can vote to sell ..

there is a lot of ifs and buts - Roots Hall/FF etc etc but the council, the FA, Vanarama, the footballing community, the politicians - would all prefer to see a fan led club emerge.

maybe nothing will happen until the situation really explodes - but administration could be a good thing ...

I guess its time for a lot of supporters to reflect on how much time and effort they are really prepared to give if it all comes down to it ..
Getting rid of Ron doesn’t extinguish the debts. And if he’s still our landlord after we’ve got rid of him as owner then even if he writes off debt we’re going to pile up yet more debt for rent.

Disgraceful from Ron/The Club.

And for everyone saying Carl Reader is the answer, his plan was all talk and no real answers. A pension fund based in Monaco would be stupid to invest. The whole plan is a non starter from what I can see, unless they have hundreds of millions to buy out Ron, debt and FF.

On the plus side, we aren’t Crawley who are advertising YouTubers to play in the FA Cup 1st Round…

I really don't understand this expectation that the stadium/club will be sold so easily after the stadium is built. Yes, we may want him to do so and he may want to do same too. However, that can only happen if the club is a sellable asset. Just having a new (3 sided) stadium doesn't suddenly make us an attractive proposition, as much as we'd like it to be. Baring in mind the reputation of the club behind the scenes is absolutely terrible despite wonderful work being done to combat this. It's getting worse and I see no reason why a buyer would want to touch us, especially if we are still in non-league. As others have stated, the new stadium will boast a ballroom and nothing else to boost revenue on non-match days. Who on earth is going to want that?

One can only hope but I just can't see any light at the end of the tunnel. The only saving grace was the work being done in the pitch and that will inevitably be hindered with all the awful things going on behind the scenes.

Getting rid of Ron doesn’t extinguish the debts. And if he’s still our landlord after we’ve got rid of him as owner then even if he writes off debt we’re going to pile up yet more debt for rent.

getting rid of RM means creditors calling in enough debt so he can no longer pay them and legally trade

at which point his companies go into administration -

so he won't be our landlord ..

and we can afford rent

if RM goes into administration his creditors (the debt) go with him and will be expecting about 2p in the pound back..

Same **** different day.

Que Afc southend, fan owned
club, the mythical consortium, and boycotting games chat......

Nonsense to bring tom, stan or anyone else into this equation. Ron robs peter to pay paul, always has done and regularly cocks it up.

Back