• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What are you listening to right now? Post Video links please.

After my eardrums were assaulted by Woking's sound system on Saturday, I realised that they were playing one of my favourite tracks- Which sounds so much better on my sound system than theirs. Well. we had to be better than them at something!

Good grief, that takes me back, all the way to the Disco that used to be at the Esplanade, where it was a regular on the play list and the girls there used to hide in the bogs when the police popped in to check ages!
Ha - thanks for the reminiscence, RHB.

Reminded of it on reading Chris Mason's article about the PM earlier today, i.e. that his interview with her yesterday evening amounted to "a plea to be given more time."

Good grief, that takes me back, all the way to the Disco that used to be at the Esplanade, where it was a regular on the play list and the girls there used to hide in the bogs when the police popped in to check ages!
Nearly got my head kicked in there once dancing to some rock and roll music and barging into some guy behind me (on his way to the bar).

Dr. Feelgood?
No but it was an early rock and roll group I was thinking maybe Shaking Stevens and the Sunsets who I'd seen with Richard up in town & booked in Brum for a college do a couple of years before they became big.Come to think of it it I've got the venue wrong .It wasn't the Espanade at all but that place that used to be at the bottom of Pier Hill.:Dunce: GP will probably remember better than me.FWIW he definitely saw Dr Feeegood perform at the Esplanade in the early days,I didn't

Last edited:
No but it was an early rock and roll group I was thinking maybe Shaking Stevens and the Sunsets who I'd seen with Richard up in town & booked in Brum for a college do a couple of years before they became big.Come to think of it it I've got the venue wrong .It wasn't the Espanade at all but that place that used to be at the bottom of Pier Hill.:Dunce: GP will probably remember better than me.FWIW he definitely saw Dr Feeegood perform at the Esplanade in the early days,I didn't
Who is this GP? However you are correct about the Shaking Stevens gig at the bottom of Pier Hill (or it might have been the Wild Angels)

It's Shakin' Stevens.

Show some respect.

Back