• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Striking off order for SEL issued 26th Oct

was this the entity that RM used to pay himself the 350k to ?

I am sure I am wrong about that

I cant remember anything accurately from my very poor and ignorant reading of the 2019 SUIFC accounts ..

Might not be correct here, but if the company is struck all assets go to the crown. King charlie for chairman anyone?

Well, that would only apply if the assets exceeded what was owing to the creditors, so you can forget about that idea.

If I remember correctly RB, SEL was the holding company that owns/first owned the assets that previously belonged to Southend United FC Limited, which Martin bought for £4m to "clear our debts" (Remember that the ground alone was valued at £10m when Vic wanted to move to Basildon).

very simplistically, It's a similar situation to that which Chelsea were in when owned by Ken Bates, when all their assets were owned by Chelsea Harbour plc. They were only freed of that arrangement when a certain Mathew Harding came into the frame and bought Bates out, otherwise they would have been in exactly the same scenario as we are now and shows the principle why, with the property deal as an ingrained part of any deal, why it is going to be so hard to buy Martin out. Added to which we don't have the same attraction to an investor as Chelsea Fc, to state the flamin' obvious. :Cry:

Neither unnecessary nor snide. A simple, and politely expressed, statement of fact. Matches are available to listen to online on BBC Essex even from abroad, as noted on BBC Essex last night with our very own Shrimpergarry listening in from Albania. Besides, even if tuning in is too much trouble the occasional ’wow isn’t this great news’ might demonstrate some actual interest in the football. But nada from some folks, its just curious that’s all.

By the way, I very much doubt you’ve seen more matches than I’ve had hot dinners. In my 30 years following the team I‘ve travelled up and down the country supporting them. I still have scars from the coach journeys back from a 7-0 drubbing in Sunderland and a 5-0 drubbing in Burslem (Port Vale), for instance.
Both. Stop patronising. If this is genuinely a forum in the full sense of the word, it ill behoves moderators to make thinly veiled attacks on a personal basis when comments are made that don't accord with their own particular views. For your information I am a subscriber to Blues TV and listen to all the matches live (which because of the time lag often results in very late nights in the case of midweek games) and don't need you to tell me that thank you. I was also a subscriber to iFollow when they were covering live games. Hearing a commentary is hardly conducive to being able to comment on the game, (although it clearly doesn't stop some) as though one had watched it and I would never presume to do so. Congratulations on your thirty years which leaves you in the foothills. Maybe one day you might make the 60 assuming that the club is still in existence by then. A modicum of humility would not come amiss.

The company is not struck off (yet). This is not the first such order and typical Ron he’ll (probably) avoid the penalty coming into effect has he’s done countless times before. We’ll see. It’s interesting to note who appears in actual match discussions - you know, the positive stuff about actual football - and who only ever appears in negative or political chat.

Neither unnecessary nor snide. A simple, and politely expressed, statement of fact. Matches are available to listen to online on BBC Essex even from abroad, as noted on BBC Essex last night with our very own Shrimpergarry listening in from Albania. Besides, even if tuning in is too much trouble the occasional ’wow isn’t this great news’ might demonstrate some actual interest in the football. But nada from some folks, its just curious that’s all.

By the way, I very much doubt you’ve seen more matches than I’ve had hot dinners. In my 30 years following the team I‘ve travelled up and down the country supporting them. I still have scars from the coach journeys back from a 7-0 drubbing in Sunderland and a 5-0 drubbing in Burslem (Port Vale), for instance.

Both of these replies are a bit unpleasant.

In my 30 years following the team I‘ve travelled up and down the country supporting them. I still have scars from the coach journeys back from a 7-0 drubbing in Sunderland and a 5-0 drubbing in Burslem (Port Vale), for instance.
Count yourself lucky you're the age you are. My 1st away game was in Nov 68 at Colchester, we lost 4-0!. ( Admittingly we had both of our full backs injured for that game, Tony Bentley & Graham Birks ).

Count yourself lucky you're the age you are. My 1st away game was in Nov 68 at Colchester, we lost 4-0!. ( Admittingly we had both of our full backs injured for that game, Tony Bentley & Graham Birks ).
But we did sign the scorer of their fourth: Owen Simpson, who turned out to be very average...
Their record league attendance for Layer Road, btw.

But we did sign the scorer of their fourth: Owen Simpson, who turned out to be very average...
Their record league attendance for Layer Road, btw.
Owen lived in a house in Sea View Rd in Leigh, prob rented by the club. It's weird how some facts remain in your mind over the decades?. I still remember the attendance that Fri night, 10,604!.

Owen lived in a house in Sea View Rd in Leigh, prob rented by the club. It's weird how some facts remain in your mind over the decades?. I still remember the attendance that Fri night, 10,604!.
I still remember how gutted I was among the 2,000 odd Southend fans.
We changed ends at half time and were on that open, shallow end at the other end to the bike shed!
Not even a goal to celebrate in the November chill air!

If I remember correctly RB, SEL was the holding company that owns/first owned the assets that previously belonged to Southend United FC Limited, which Martin bought for £4m to "clear our debts" (Remember that the ground alone was valued at £10m when Vic wanted to move to Basildon).

very simplistically, It's a similar situation to that which Chelsea were in when owned by Ken Bates, when all their assets were owned by Chelsea Harbour plc. They were only freed of that arrangement when a certain Mathew Harding came into the frame and bought Bates out, otherwise they would have been in exactly the same scenario as we are now and shows the principle why, with the property deal as an ingrained part of any deal, why it is going to be so hard to buy Martin out. Added to which we don't have the same attraction to an investor as Chelsea Fc, to state the flamin' obvious. :Cry:

interesting ... of course some of the SEL accounts are available to view on companies house -

it is mushroom season so it might be drug induced mind warp but I imagined 350k going from SUFC to SEL - obviously for rent or similar - and the trip included imagining that RM was director of SEL and got all the lolly...

I am sure I have got this wrong and lots of ITK types can explain how the drugs have affected my reasoning.

apolgoes in advance for my mistake ;-)

On a side note I notice the “Martin Out” threads on here and social media have subsided over the last week presumably to reappear if we lose Saturday. Why don’t they continue irrespective of our results?

On a side note I notice the “Martin Out” threads on here and social media have subsided over the last week presumably to reappear if we lose Saturday. Why don’t they continue irrespective of our results?
Good question. I guess the circus rumbles on and enough people are happy with how things are

If it’s for late accounts then it’s no big drama. But seems like Ron likes to push things to the wire. It’s a very odd way to run a business. Sloppy. Why do it like this? Cat and mouse. Strange.

Back