• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southend United's New Training Pitches.

I'm not sure grass is going to grow this time of year.
There are ways around it. For example, I once followed a youtube video to patch up large bald spots on pensioners bad lawn in the winter. using grass seed and very hot water mixed. Then when drained out dry, mixing the seed with fulvic and humic. It tricks the seed to germinate very quick and you get a very good finish with no bald or weak spots if spread carefully. I'm sure they will use a similar method on a much larger scale. There are ways around the wrong season thing.

Anyone know when this is due for completion. I'm sure it was originally for October and then before the end of the year, boots and laces was getting bulldozed to start phase 1 of the stadium build.

Anyone else going on Saturday for the Training ground tour?

Got my ticket and a reminder to go but no details as to where to go 🤣

If I work out where the damn hell I'm supposed to be going I will
**In best Sat Nav voice**

Head North East around 300m from the roundabout at the junction of Fossetts Way and Sutton Road. When you see 4 mudbath pitches, a big hole in the ground and a water tank, you have arrived at your destination.

The site entrance is off Sutton Road straight on from the Fossetts Way roundabout. It's about the third right. Look for the White Horse contractors sign and follow the road round.

The site entrance is off Sutton Road straight on from the Fossetts Way roundabout. It's about the third right. Look for the White Horse contractors sign and follow the road round.
I pretty much know where it is, not sure I just want to be turning up at a muddy old site with next to nothing parking.

Usual lack of details from the club

I pretty much know where it is, not sure I just want to be turning up at a muddy old site with next to nothing parking.

Its a building site, are you expecting a show home style pitch with what the parking is going to look like etc. You'll see 4 pitch shaped spaces with some grass growing possibly, a big hole for drainage and then you'll probably be given a tour of where the car park will be, where the buildings will be etc

Its a building site, are you expecting a show home style pitch with what the parking is going to look like etc. You'll see 4 pitch shaped spaces with some grass growing possibly, a big hole for drainage and then you'll probably be given a tour of where the car park will be, where the buildings will be etc
Doesn't detract from the fact we have had no guidance whatsoever. Nice work digging me out though

• Haha
Reactions: BTS

If you have a van or can borrow one, collect a men at work sign and a dozen cones on the way. Then park on double yellows along Fossets Way and cone off the van.
No one stuck in the queues both way will even question it. After all thats exactly what happens in all the other road works around the town.

You wont have to worry about paying for parking and will only have to walk twenty yds in your Hunter wellies to the entrance. Wear a hi vis jacket, hard hat and carry a clip board and you could even smirk at the angry drivers.

It does if not too cold ,I think anything over 6 degrees is ok
Always believed above 5 or 6 is ok but a frost or worse will make the seed stay dormant if not germinated, but if terminated then frost or worse it will kill freshly terminated seed or young growth
Big stadia use infra red lamps to trick the seeds
Must be loads of other tricks known by gardening ITKs

Back