• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Youth Team and coaches wage problems

It still strikes me that every bit of income that the club has, is going into the training pitches.
I hope RM has lined up finance, for when they are finished, based on the increased value of the land. Either that, or some funds are released, upon completion.
It seems the only way out of the situation.
Am I a bit thick? But I can't imagine a landlord basically charging his tenant for a new development he is building. So if the club are paying anything towards the new ground then that doesn't seem right to me......... but no doubt this is probably what he is doing.

I was so happy to wake up read all the post match threads ,look at the league table and seeing we have moved up to 5th place now , Then to read all these threads . How can so may things management wise and player dedication ( and reading how they are playing ,i think they are dedicated ) to see the fantastic support they are all getting from the best supporters in the land, Yet this maggot (RM) is doing his utmost to ruin everything that has been achieved. iF its true he has used EFL funds meant for the youth academy etc then i can see major ramifications coming our way. Quite possibly there will be an inquiry into these allegations by the EFL and maybe the PA and if found to be true a points deduction or worse. How i love SUFC but wish this snake out of my club ,Hes poison.

Sold out of programs today. The print run was reduced so sold out way before kick off.
Just another thing to add to this sorry affair. Everything at the club apart from the team is totally rotten, It really is time for Martin to go! The Shrimpers Trust in my opinion should have no further contact with Martin other than "we await your resignation".
20 years of being in his pocket has achieved nothing for the fans other than a few Shrimpers Trust members getting crumbs of information from Ron Martins table.
He'd probably love that

The running of our club is bordering on obscene now.

So many questions that need answering and accounts publishing, and zero word from the people in charge. How is this allowed to happen?

The death of our club is just around the corner in my view :Sad:

I wish Stan was our owner, he has real passion for the club, knowledge of the world of football and contacts.

Don’t think it’s fair to put Stan on the spot over this.
Think Stans remitt is only about lining up potential transfers.
We need to keep Stan on board not alienate him from the supporters
100% this. It is not Stan's role or remit to discuss the financial aspects of the Club under its present ownership. And that is the end of that.

As an outsider these days, looks to me Ron is literally flat broke and has no means to support the club...... his flat outright refusal to sell up which has cost us previously and will now cost us going forward

This again.

Where is the queue of credible buyers with enough money to buy Ron out?

Why would Youth players go on strike. It wont achieve anything and only damages their future.

Ron stated back in L1 that the club fund the academy with about an extra £400,000 per season. I guess with funding being reduced again this season and no doubt even with running costs reduce, it now costs more?

I suspect the pitch needs quite a bit of repair after a match.

Maybe it can't be left until the next day.

You would hope a man like Ron would know a local sparks who could bypass the meter for £100

Why would Youth players go on strike. It wont achieve anything and only damages their future.

Ron stated back in L1 that the club fund the academy with about an extra £400,000 per season. I guess with funding being reduced again this season and no doubt even with running costs reduce, it now costs more?
Because they want to be paid

I shouldn't be surprised you're trying to come up with excuses for Ron

I'm guessing it's the coaches going on strike rather than players - are youth team players even paid? Or is it depending on age group?

Back