• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Aldershot Town v Southend United, Saturday 26th November 2022, 15:00ko, NL

Starting XI and Result

• Collin Andeng-Ndi

Votes: 47 82.5%
  • Gus Scott-Morriss

Votes: 49 86.0%
  • Shaun Hobson

Votes: 50 87.7%
  • Kacper Łopata

• Ollie Kensdale

Votes: 43 75.4%
  • Louis Lomas

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • Nathan Ralph

Votes: 26 45.6%
  • Jack Bridge

Votes: 48 84.2%
  • Cav Miley

• Harry Taylor

Votes: 23 40.4%
  • Wes Fonguck

Votes: 35 61.4%
  • Noor Husin

Votes: 9 15.8%
  • Dan Mooney

Votes: 34 59.6%
  • Callum Powell

Votes: 23 40.4%
  • Chris Wreh

Votes: 9 15.8%
  • Harry Cardwell

Votes: 38 66.7%
  • Aaron Cosgrave

Votes: 11 19.3%
  • Jason Demetriou

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tom Clifford

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Blondy Nna Noukeu

Votes: 3 5.3%

• Win

Votes: 29 50.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 12 21.1%
  • Lose

Votes: 6 10.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shrimpergonzo

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver⭐
Staff member
It's off to the EBB Stadium (or the Recreation Ground as we all know it) in Hampshire this weekend for what will hopefully be the first game in our next long unbeaten run.

The Shots currently find themselves in 18th Place in the league and earlier this season, abandoned their own Mark Molesley project and have now installed academy manager Ross McNeilly as interim boss, overseen by their experienced Head of Football Operations, Terry Brown (who I remember being accused of a number of innocuous hobbies by blues fans whilst manager of Wimbledon, after we'd been warned by the police after singing that he was guilty of more sinister crimes! He had a good laugh that day when accused of train spotting, dyeing his hair etc. and seemed like a likeable bloke.)

I always had fond memories of playing Aldershot (in their previous iteration) and remember smashing them 5-0 home and away in the same season when David Crown was scoring goals for fun, and of course there is the famous 10-1 victory at home in the Leyland Daf cup. My view of them was somewhat soured after the abandoned game on Boxing Day in 2011 when we were cruising it 1-0 against 10 men when they had a floodlight failure. The fact that we lost the rearranged game didn't help!

Their form this season has been a bit up and down, 3 consecutive wins at the end of October were followed by 3 consecutive defeats (including a 6-1 thumping at bottom of the table Torquay).

There are a couple of familiar faces in their squad, Tyler Cordner is a regular starter and Michael Klass came off the bench in their defeat at Wrexham last Saturday - they also have a goalkeeper on their books called Ryan Hall, but sadly it's not the diminutive winger that used to ply his trade for us otherwise Wes would have certainly fancied lobbing him!

The disappointing (putting it mildly) defeat at bottom of the table Gateshead last weekend, along with some players returning to full fitness, might give Kev the chance to shake things up this weekend. There are quite a few options around now - including Blondy for Collin, Lomas into the back three, Ralph at LWB or left centre back, and Mooney and Cardwell pushing for a start up top.

So who would you choose to start this Saturday, and what do you predict the result will be?

Last edited:
Collin
Hobbo, Kacper, Ollie
Gus, Cav, Wes, JB
Mooney, Harry, Powell

Bench from Lomas, Taylor, Powell, CW, Ralph, Cosgrave, Noor and hopefully returning Murphy and Hyde

Collin
Hobbo; Kacper; Kensdale
Gussy; Miley; Taylor; Ralph
Bridge
Cosgrave; Powell

I opted for Cosgrave instead of Cardwell as I suspect there could be a **** pitch and some opposition dark arts at Aldershot. I also don’t think Moons is ready to start yet so both of those to come on as subs when the time is right.

Last edited:
Collin
Hobbo; Kacper; Kensdale
Gussy; Miley; Wes; Ralph
Bridge
Cardwell; Mooney

subs Lomas; Taylor; Husin (if fit) or Cosgrave; Powell & Wreh

Changes needed up top, back to winning ways in close tense game 1-2.
10 points from 15 in November as I predicted

Colin
Hobson Lopata Kensdale
Gus Miley Husin Ralph
Mooney Cardwell Bridge

Put Wes in for Husin if he’s not fit to start.

Collin
Hobbo
Kasper
Kensdale
Gus
Ralph
Mooney
Bridge
Wreh
Miley
Fonguck

Subs:
Blondy
Husin
Lomas
Taylor
Cosgrave

Can’t see us taking more than around 8 or 900 for this one. I have sensed a slight mood change since the Gateshead result. But maybe I’m wrong, we shall see?!

Can’t see us taking more than around 8 or 900 for this one. I have sensed a slight mood change since the Gateshead result. But maybe I’m wrong, we shall see?!
I don’t think you’re wrong. Disappointing result on Saturday. Train strikes and a ground where we don’t have much luck and everyone has been to before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back