• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

It is officially World Cup Month

Oh ye of little morals. I’ve still not watched a minute or read anything other than a headline about the WC. I may waver if we get to QF but for now I can’t equate our current financial plight to the spectacle over over inflated money hosted in an immoral nation. I’ve lost no sleep and feel I’ve missed out on nothing so far

Qatar are the first host country and team ever to be eliminated and knocked out of a World Cup, this is the earliest exit by a host nation in the tournament's 92-year history.

Actually Germany still have a decent chance of scraping through. On paper they should beat Costa Rica and Spain should beat Japan. Even if Spain and Japan draw they can still qualify.

England's draw against USA doesn't look that bad now. Quite a lot of teams who have played well in the first game then struggled in the second. Lots of tight groups heading into the final round of games.

Actually Germany still have a decent chance of scraping through. On paper they should beat Costa Rica and Spain should beat Japan. Even if Spain and Japan draw they can still qualify.

England's draw against USA doesn't look that bad now. Quite a lot of teams who have played well in the first game then struggled in the second. Lots of tight groups heading into the final round of games.
Wouldn't want a bet on it by any chance? Loser pays a tenner to SZ.

Bump. :Winking:

Last edited:
Lots of cheating at this World Cup. Some teams, every time a players arm even goes near an opponents face, they scream out in pain and go down holding their face. Then when you see the slow mo, their face is hardly touched, or in a lot of cases, not at all, Lol.

Lots of cheating at this World Cup. Some teams, every time a players arm even goes near an opponents face, they scream out in pain and go down holding their face. Then when you see the slow mo, their face is hardly touched, or in a lot of cases, not at all, Lol.
To quote former Dagenham F C manager Tony Jennings "you won't find a bigger bunch of cheats than footballers"

Last edited by a moderator:
To quote former Dagenham F C manager Tony Jennings "you won't find a bigger bunch of cheats than footballers"
to me if a player is found to be cheating it should be an automatic red card, if a ref or linesman miss it ,then it should be looked at after the match and if found that player cheated by diving play acting and so on ,the powers that be should red card that player. Hate cheats ,hate divers etc .

Last edited by a moderator:
What annoys me at times.....A bad foul is committed after five minutes and the ref gives the player a ticking off....Not a yellow because it was too early.

After "the hand of God" who would have cared if England had cheated--- we would have cheered the ball into the net.

to me if a player is found to be cheating it should be an automatic red card, if a ref or linesman miss it ,then it should be looked at after the match and if found that player cheated by diving play acting and so on ,the powers that be should red card that player. Hate cheats ,hate divers etc .
I’ve always liked the idea that the subsequently identified cheat would get a punishment in line with what they were trying to pin on their opponent. If they feigned what would have led to a three match ban, they can retrospectively enjoy that.

Yes, Rivaldo, I’m looking at you!

I think it's been a great World Cup so far. I've been laid low with the dreaded man flu since last Thursday so I've seen many more games than I'd expected as I've not had much energy to do anything else.

I think it's been a great World Cup so far. I've been laid low with the dreaded man flu since last Thursday so I've seen many more games than I'd expected as I've not had much energy to do anything else.

Great excuse, I know a few people using that, and I can say from first hand experience it actually works.

After "the hand of God" who would have cared if England had cheated--- we would have cheered the ball into the net.
I’ve always thought, we should’ve hacked Maradona down for the second. Take a booking or a sending off, just stop him. We’re too nice. South Americans don’t give a ****, as long as they win.

Currently Argies 2-0 Poland + Saudi 0-2 Mexico = Poland/Mexico level on points, GD, goals scored and disciplinary points, so it would go to drawing lots to see who goes through as it stands..........

Back