• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Support The Team Not The Regime! New update 24/11

Stop the pearl-clutching @nevereatwhitesnow and @Pale Blue Dot. NEWS is a Col U fan who delights in controversy, and I was clearly replying to him. What’s our situation got to do with him, one might ask? PBD you never fail to pipe up and criticise, and I’ll treat it as I usually do (after this reply) and completely ignore it.
Please show me an example where i have shown i delight in controversy. Over the many years I’ve contributed on this site I haven’t (to my recollection at least) ever mocked or laughed at your demise (certainly not over any relegations or court action etc)

There have been a lot of players and staff that have crossed the Essex divide over the years meaning that some of us have perhaps more knowledge and/or interest in each others clubs.

I haven’t fallen foul of your site moderation rules (unlike some who have been personal in their comments to me when I’ve raised criticism of Ron). My constant has also been the damage that Ron has done, many of things I shared about opinions of risks over the years have (unfortunately for you) come to fruition. There are also some contributors on this site who stand to gain financially if Ron gets his golden pension pot and perhaps that is why some are quick to deflect and defend.

If I were to overstep the mark I would expect the moderators to intervene, the fact they haven’t perhaps indicates the problem is with you rather than me but in the meantime if focusing your frustration on me (effectively an anonymous Col U fan) rather than the cause of your problems makes you feel better then I guess you may as well carry on

Please show me an example where i have shown i delight in controversy. Over the many years I’ve contributed on this site I haven’t (to my recollection at least) ever mocked or laughed at your demise (certainly not over any relegations or court action etc)

There have been a lot of players and staff that have crossed the Essex divide over the years meaning that some of us have perhaps more knowledge and/or interest in each others clubs.

I haven’t fallen foul of your site moderation rules (unlike some who have been personal in their comments to me when I’ve raised criticism of Ron). My constant has also been the damage that Ron has done, many of things I shared about opinions of risks over the years have (unfortunately for you) come to fruition. There are also some contributors on this site who stand to gain financially if Ron gets his golden pension pot and perhaps that is why some are quick to deflect and defend.

If I were to overstep the mark I would expect the moderators to intervene, the fact they haven’t perhaps indicates the problem is with you rather than me but in the meantime if focusing your frustration on me (effectively an anonymous Col U fan) rather than the cause of your problems makes you feel better then I guess you may as well carry on
Two things: you’ve fallen foul of the mods several times; and now move on please.

You are welcome to post, as are fans of all other clubs, but as every single post of yours since 2017 has been related to the financial difficulties of SUFC in some way, you should probably expect some banter in response, as a minimum.

I hear it on good authority that Ron has secured access to some finance from a mate who works in finance in the city. A cash injection into the club is imminent!

The fact he works in the post office and the city is Southend should not detract away from the fact that Ron finding his old post office savings book set up by his nan in 1955 could mean the team will be paid in Freddos this month.

Gills next to be saved ? and hoping for a brighter future. Kent Online reporting that Florida based business man Brad Gainson has now filed a " registration of a charge" over Priestfield Stadium, under his name with the Uk registrar of Companies
Is his motive for buying the ground showing the potential similarity for building houses on it?

With owner Paul Scally stepping back from his role as chairman this season and Paul Fisher coming in to oversee matters,and Mr Galinson - a property tycoon - has formally made known his interest in the club. Fans will now hope the Gills have funds to spend in the January transfer window - and beyond., the club have been open to offers

"The registration of a charge states that Gillingham FC - the borrower - will provide security to Mr Galinson over his investment ‘for all its present and future obligations and liabilities to the lender.’

"The charge entitles Mr Gainson to the freehold of Priestfield Stadium in exchange for his investment."

If only Ron?

Gills next to be saved ? and hoping for a brighter future. Kent Online reporting that Florida based business man Brad Gainson has now filed a " registration of a charge" over Priestfield Stadium, under his name with the Uk registrar of Companies
Is his motive for buying the ground showing the potential similarity for building houses on it?

With owner Paul Scally stepping back from his role as chairman this season and Paul Fisher coming in to oversee matters,and Mr Galinson - a property tycoon - has formally made known his interest in the club. Fans will now hope the Gills have funds to spend in the January transfer window - and beyond., the club have been open to offers

"The registration of a charge states that Gillingham FC - the borrower - will provide security to Mr Galinson over his investment ‘for all its present and future obligations and liabilities to the

"The charge entitles Mr Gainson to the freehold of Priestfield Stadium in exchange for his investment."

If only Ron?

I hear it on good authority that Ron has secured access to some finance from a mate who works in finance in the city. A cash injection into the club is imminent!

The fact he works in the post office and the city is Southend should not detract away from the fact that Ron finding his old post office savings book set up by his nan in 1955 could mean the team will be paid in Freddos this month.
talk is cheep .Its not talk the club needs it is action to get us out of this mess Ron has created .

We will suffer it until all the assets are sold. We have a 3 sided stadium in a housing estate that we have to pay rent on and ron martin makes millions.

Thats the stark reality.
I think Tom said the 4th side (now minus hotel) would now start at the same time - just finish later due to more involved than the other sides?

Those with solid contacts at the club, did the staff get paid yesterday/today?

Those with solid contacts at the club, did the staff get paid yesterday/today?
Did he funds from The money raised by the save our southend go towards paying the back room staff i thought .Maybe i got the story wrong .But i thought the money was to help thoes people .

I think that went towards October's wages. We're now on November wages
Surely 20k would have coved more than 1 month if its only for the back roon staff .And what did the other 80k cover that was loaned to the club .

Surely 20k would have coved more than 1 month if its only for the back roon staff .And what did the other 80k cover that was loaned to the club .
I think this has been estimated a few times before, can't remember exact numbers, but non playing payroll over 100k per month

I think this has been estimated a few times before, can't remember exact numbers, but non playing payroll over 100k per month

Here's the 'back of a fag packet' analysis I did before....

Just checked last accounts - bit out of date YE July 2019 - but we had an monthly average of 150 employees of which 54 were 'Establishment and ground maintenance' - the other categories being playing, training and coaching (91) and directors (5). Salaries were £5.7m per year, total employment costs £6.2m. I'd expect the playing budget to be the vast majority of this - but say 10% is admin - that's £570k per year - a little over £10k per employee (not sure if the 54 is full time equivalent or actual number including part time) - if it was more like £20k (assuming full time) then that's £1m per year - so somewhere between £45k and £90k per month.

We made pension contribution of £18k for the year for admin and support employees. If the club pays say 3% of salary into pension scheme then that implies a wage bill of £600k per year for admin and support - or £50k per month.

So yep monthly wage bill likely to be in the tens of thousands of pounds.

So around 50k to 90k per month excluding any coaches, players, training staff and directors

Back