• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

“Ask not what your Club can do for you – ask what you can do for your Team,”

Yes I would but it would be galling doing so as will just be subsidising RM.

Honest question however: why doesn't he down size his house to help his ailing business with the proceeds ? Most self-employed people would do this if their business was going down the pan like his is.
Do you actually think he’s self employed

yep - I agree with you ..

WTF bother..... let RM carry on .. its going really well

I bet you are really excited about a trip to Boreham Wood in the FA Vase ..
when you say FA Vase, then you should go and support FC Clacton instead, as they play in FA Vase!

You always moaning about any crap.

They are his companies, he is the boss so yes he is self employed to that extent i.e. no one pays him wages
Think you’ll find that he is an employee of his companies and they all pay him a wage , whether or not he takes it is another matter. He’s probably the main creditor to most of them on paper

FA Trophy and we're at home, but carry on

thanks for that .....

oh yeah the FA Trophy - you have to be officially useless to get in it

really very weird we are in it after Ron Martin has poured 15 million of his own money into this club and managed the 7 million pound revnue from a base support of 6k so really well -

i mean why have any ambition ..... ?

Oh well, seems like the majority of responses on here have nothing, or very little, to do with the original question. Looks like there's very little appetite for this sort of thing. It's obviously more fun to churn out unrelated rants previously posted on numerous other threads.

For me it depends on what the club is/intends to become. I am not keen to do things voluntarily that the club should be paying someone to do; this assumes that we are a professional outfit run by professionals. If we don't have that ambition, and we are a semi-professional club then fine, I will volunteer and do whatever is needed. But I would expect that this would be reflected throughout the club, including management and players.
If we are learning one thing from the current climate, it is that you can't keep cra##ing on the people at the bottom while those at the top carry on their executive lifestyles without some pushback.

Yes I would but it would be galling doing so as will just be subsidising RM.

Honest question however: why doesn't he down size his house to help his ailing business with the proceeds ? Most self-employed people would do this if their business was going down the pan like his is.

You honestly think anyone should sell their house and downsize to pay off company debts? Isn't that why people set their businesses up as limited companies?

You honestly think anyone should sell their house and downsize to pay off company debts? Isn't that why people set their businesses up as limited companies?
Yes,absolutely why would you not liquidise your assets in order to maintain the business if serious about it?

If not serious then no they wouldn’t and would let the business go bust whilst sheltered by limited status.

Think you’ll find that he is an employee of his companies and they all pay him a wage , whether or not he takes it is another matter. He’s probably the main creditor to most of them on paper
He owns the companies so taking a wage is normal business procedure.

Whilst he is not self employed in the regular sense, he is his own boss and answerable to no one.

Interestingly, clubs just one division below us rely heavily on volunteers to get home matches on. Chelmsford City for example rely on volunteers to carry and get the dug outs in place, man turnstiles, sell programmes and golden goal tickets etc.

They was going to be a bucket collection arranged by The Trust at the Altrincham game but RM turned that idea down.

Sometimes people cannot help themselves. 🤷
Does he have the vires to do that outside the ground John? And what possible reason could he have for refusing it.

Back