• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

“Ask not what your Club can do for you – ask what you can do for your Team,”

This.

Should do it anyway and see if he has the nerve to stop it.

Quite the story that, chairman cant pay staff, stops fans trying to help their club.
It's an "image" thing with him. As if not paying staff isn't bad enough.

Very sad state of affairs.

I'll volunteer to be the official burger consumer to check it's quality, periodically through match days. I'll also volunteer to check the beer still tastes good out the pump on match days. (Spoiler - Stick to the bottled stuff!)

Fans keep saying it's our club, but it's Ron's club.
I'm not putting any effort in to help that troll out. When he takes us under and we have to become a phoenix team, then I'll help out as much as I can. But not while RM is there and I'm positive I'm not alone in this thought process.

To answer the original question. No. Not anymore.

As selfish as that may sound, I have put money in, volunteered a few times in recent years, donated season card monies, helped with the fundraising recently etc as I am sure plenty of others have.

But, no more whilst that man is in charge I'm afraid.

He goes and my mindset changes completely and I will probably volunteer for a lot of things, happily.

Is there a single person RM hasnt alienated?

I feel like everyone else here, in an alternative reality rm is thanking the fans for the support and help, and inviting everyone to join him mucking in with soap and a bucket cleaning the bird**** and tidying up the place.

He seems to view everybody with contempt and sees the fans as the lowest of the low.

To answer the original question. No. Not anymore.

As selfish as that may sound, I have put money in, volunteered a few times in recent years, donated season card monies, helped with the fundraising recently etc as I am sure plenty of others have.

But, no more whilst that man is in charge I'm afraid.

He goes and my mindset changes completely and I will probably volunteer for a lot of things, happily.
Can't argue with this!

Interestingly, clubs just one division below us rely heavily on volunteers to get home matches on. Chelmsford City for example rely on volunteers to carry and get the dug outs in place, man turnstiles, sell programmes and golden goal tickets etc.
I guess they are part whilst we are full time

Our finances have been a complete mess for years. We have to operate within our financial budget and if that means in the future we utilise volunteers then so be it. The Club can't continually spend money it hasn't got and no Club should expect to be kept alive by the owner to the tune of £2 million a year. Mind Ron instigated this mess by allowing the Club to live beyond its means for years.

Back