• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

NL Streaming Platform Launched

I think this is great news.

For me personally it won't impact the number of away games I attend - if I go away it is primarily for the day out and secondly for the football, so this will only generate extra revenue as far as I'm concerned.

Will be interesting to see what impact it has on attendances, if any.

Any extra money that the club can make from supporters that may not be able to get to games (be it home or away) is always going to be good for the club.

I'm a season ticket holder but if i'm down in Weymouth visiting the inlaws I can pay to watch it online and follow the game even though i'm not there.

I am all in favour.

But I am a bit worried that as this is to be run by the National League not the clubs and apparently you will be able to switch and watch any of their games. All the money raised will go into a pot and be divided up and shared equally to all the clubs. So not based on the number from each club that sign up, bit like they did with the £10m Lottery money.

Hope I am wrong as it seems ridiculous that if 4,000 Wrexham fans sign up and 20 Gateshead sign up, they would both get the same money?

I am all in favour.

But I am a bit worried that as this is to be run by the National League not the clubs and apparently you will be able to switch and watch any of their games. All the money raised will go into a pot and be divided up and shared equally to all the clubs. So not based on the number from each club that sign up, bit like they did with the £10m Lottery money.

Hope I am wrong as it seems ridiculous that if 4,000 Wrexham fans sign up and 20 Gateshead sign up, they would both get the same money?
Aren’t Wrexham donating their share because it’s not fair ,and not what they wanted ?

I preferred the empty stadium vibe of lockdown streaming.

I used to pretend (say) Forest Green were being punished by UEFA and forced to play behind closed doors because their fans displayed banners with deeply offensive slogans.

It’s a good idea, I am moving to Sudbury at end of this month, I can watch the games at home instead of travelling. At least my money can goes to Southend Utd.

Definitely good for me, I manage to get to about 3 or 4 games a year now (Halifax next week will be my 2nd so far) and most of the games I go to are away, as I very rarely am in Essex at the right time.

So any money I spend will be additional and I will still go to 3 or 4 games in person every year.

It might effect smaller clubs that don’t have many exiled fans, but then they are compensated by the pot.

Would I be right in assuming my subscription to Blues Player is not worth having now? Would I be able to get any pro rata refund back on a service that I will no longer use?

It would be good if the club gets its act together and makes a full announcement about this so that subscribers know what is going on but I am not counting on it.

It would be good if the club gets its act together and makes a full announcement about this so that subscribers know what is going on but I am not counting on it.

I suspect they will ahead of the full launch at the end of the year

Back