• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Support The Team Not The Regime! New update 24/11

I understood it that Stan has already scouted out several options for a new owner but can’t do anything about it at the moment.
Our guardian angel. Feel more comfortable that Stan is on the inside 😇

After waiting since 2006 when Martin bought Delancy's shareholding in Southend United. What's another few years maximum to get hold of the whole pot of gold. So struggle through and get the full pot, or sell out and sacrifice a large chunk of his pot. It's always been obvious that he's been holding out all this time for his full reward. He may or may not have borrowed from family, friends or acquaintances, who knows Ron's secret dealings. He keeps his cards very close to his chest. Now work has started and both councils are onside, he can see the light at the end of the tunnel. So I just can't see him selling out to anyone at a cut price figure. Demonstrations at his house or at Roots Hall will shine a light on what's happening at our club, but will not get him out. We are stuck with him until the Fossetts development is far enough done for him to cash in and sod off.

After waiting since 2006 when Martin bought Delancy's shareholding in Southend United. What's another few years maximum to get hold of the whole pot of gold. So struggle through and get the full pot, or sell out and sacrifice a large chunk of his pot. It's always been obvious that he's been holding out all this time for his full reward. He may or may not have borrowed from family, friends or acquaintances, who knows Ron's secret dealings. He keeps his cards very close to his chest. Now work has started and both councils are onside, he can see the light at the end of the tunnel. So I just can't see him selling out to anyone at a cut price figure. Demonstrations at his house or at Roots Hall will shine a light on what's happening at our club, but will not get him out. We are stuck with him until the Fossetts development is far enough done for him to cash in and sod off.
Unfortunately that's about the sum of it.

We are stuck with a custodian incapable of financing the club appropriately to ensure smooth operation and one that cannot afford to or is willing to give up a slice of his mega retirement pot.

What a **** situation to be in for our club, it's staff and fans.

I understood it that Stan has already scouted out several options for a new owner but can’t do anything about it at the moment.
Interesting. When you say 'understand', does that mean someone told you or you heard it by accident? When you say scouted, do you mean he has personally looking, whilst in his role at the club? When you say several, do you mean 2 or 3 maybe? When you say options, can you explain what that means? When you say new owner, do you mean singular or a collective for instance? When you can't do anything, does that mean if is not capable, not allowed or something else? And. At the moment, does that indicate that he has an agenda based plan taking into account 'time'? Just checking as I find your post both topical and typical of some other posts and want to contrast and compare to help me understand such incredible statements. No, I'm not related to Ron, just an interested life long fan.

Unfortunately that's about the sum of it.

We are stuck with a custodian incapable of financing the club appropriately to ensure smooth operation and one that cannot afford to or is willing to give up a slice of his mega retirement pot.

What a **** situation to be in for our club, it's staff and fans.
Ron standing to make a massive profit from the build. How many millions does one person need?
If he sold off just a small slice of the cake we wouldn’t be here in a very desperate state.
Ron is really a despicable charlatan.

Here’s a very simple question, if Ron Martin loves the club and has said he will not charge club any rent at the new ground … why doesn’t he give the club away ? The club can survive with new owners who can get a new stadium and charge an amicable rent both parties happy ….. there’s a reason why Ron won’t do this ..

Here’s a very simple question, if Ron Martin loves the club and has said he will not charge club any rent at the new ground … why doesn’t he give the club away ? The club can survive with new owners who can get a new stadium and charge an amicable rent both parties happy ….. there’s a reason why Ron won’t do this ..
He can't do it now because of the debt that's in the club, that is an asset for his other companies. He can't write that debt off at the moment.

And any new owner would be daft to take on the debts

Interesting. When you say 'understand', does that mean someone told you or you heard it by accident? When you say scouted, do you mean he has personally looking, whilst in his role at the club? When you say several, do you mean 2 or 3 maybe? When you say options, can you explain what that means? When you say new owner, do you mean singular or a collective for instance? When you can't do anything, does that mean if is not capable, not allowed or something else? And. At the moment, does that indicate that he has an agenda based plan taking into account 'time'? Just checking as I find your post both topical and typical of some other posts and want to contrast and compare to help me understand such incredible statements. No, I'm not related to Ron, just an interested life long fan.
Ha ha, sure thing fella! Quite simple really, he mentioned something back when he had calls with supporters before he joined the club. I’m not trying to set some agenda here, just making a general comment from what I recall.

A reminder of RM's statement on 1st October ;

"Bridging finance has been agreed, but has not yet been completed. Once it has (weeks not months) we will discharge the HMRC debt in full."
........and the "silence" continues, but to be honest with what we all know who is seriously going to give our Chairman a bridging loan, it's just one delay tactic after another which keeps us all quiet for a while........ but were into months now Mr Chairman so it's time to tell us the truth ! !

........and the "silence" continues, but to be honest with what we all know who is seriously going to give our Chairman a bridging loan, it's just one delay tactic after another which keeps us all quiet for a while........ but were into months now Mr Chairman so it's time to tell us the truth ! !

Don't worry the Shrimpers Trust will! It's like parents of a drug addict, paying for his last hit and then believe he's gonna stop. He'll be a good boy next time.

Ha ha, sure thing fella! Quite simple really, he mentioned something back when he had calls with supporters before he joined the club. I’m not trying to set some agenda here, just making a general comment from what I recall.
I would be amazed if Stan wasn't asking the question to his many contacts. All the ingredients are there for someone or more likely a consortium to take over. If and I know it's an if all goes to plan you will have a state of the art training ground, new stadium an owner who will be in his mid 70s and will have had enough and a chairman's son who is not mad enough to take hold of the reins. Add the already committed fans plus potential the only issue will be the price.

I would be amazed if Stan wasn't asking the question to his many contacts. All the ingredients are there for someone or more likely a consortium to take over. If and I know it's an if all goes to plan you will have a state of the art training ground, new stadium an owner who will be in his mid 70s and will have had enough and a chairman's son who is not mad enough to take hold of the reins. Add the already committed fans plus potential the only issue will be the price.
you forgot the issue of the vast amount of companies that are all probably borrowed to the hilt. It's a very difficult company structure to work out

Don't worry the Shrimpers Trust will! It's like parents of a drug addict, paying for his last hit and then believe he's gonna stop. He'll be a good boy next time.
Do you have any idea how hard the trust work or even what they do. Maybe spend some time in the Shrimpers Bar before a game and speak with one of them instead of hiding behind a keyboard. Think you would be surprised how much they do and how much they communicate with TL and the club. But their hands are tied to what they can and cant do or say, so please give them some slack. They do this job as volunteers and for the love of the club,

Back