• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Support The Team Not The Regime! New update 24/11

To be fair if someone decided to neck cans of cider in my front garden on new years eve and ask me fundamentally wrong questions I'd probably answer much the same.
Absolutely this! I am not his biggest fan but I won't berate him for the way he has spoken to those people. It's **** weather, it's New Years Eve and he has a load of people turn up making noise, chanting outside his house. He's well within his right to tell them to **** off regardless of his position at the club.

From what I’ve read in TL statement and heard in a video I’ve been forwarded of the whole conversation with RM

TL is working with RM to secure bridging finance, against the new stadium and residential development. RM will actively have tonnes of contacts for bridging finance due to his other property businesses.

RM does not personally have the money to float the club any longer, and any money (The £200K mentioned yesterday) is coming from group companies and not directly from RM. I question how much longer the group companies have to be able to support the football club.

The striking off proposal, is that a proposal and is an automated companies house process. Finalising the company accounts (to which TL has said are being speedily prepared) to ensure this does not happen. Will see that go away very quickly.

To remove the winding up order, and to remove the trsnsfer embargo, we need the bridging finance. A simple question is, what happened if the bridging finance does not go through in time?

I will ALWAYS be Martin Out. What I will say is, he can develop properties and developments and has a proven history in doing this. I also have faith in TL to run the football club. If RM gets the funding required through the bridging finance to support the club I believe TL will do a fantastic job and we will become an attractive proposition for investment.

I do question though, who will step up (nobody) if the bridging finance does not appear and we’re unable to pay our bills.

On top of this, I also question if we’re using the bridging finance to run the football club in the short term, what money builds the stadium in the long term? More funds drawn down from developer based loans and products.

AT TIMES I question. Is it better the devil we know? If he can deliver FF, then he can sail into the sunset with his pockets full of cash and walk away with a legacy, albeit tarnished but completing what he set out to do… or (I pray) some wealthy oil drive state fund (would be nice).

For me, the club needs rid of RM. That is not going to happen over night, and is not going to happen until RM has his FF dream. In this period RM does need to do more, and do it correctly or it will become more and more toxic.

But as always, MARTIN OUT! Just when the time is right!

From what I’ve read in TL statement and heard in a video I’ve been forwarded of the whole conversation with RM

TL is working with RM to secure bridging finance, against the new stadium and residential development. RM will actively have tonnes of contacts for bridging finance due to his other property businesses.

RM does not personally have the money to float the club any longer, and any money (The £200K mentioned yesterday) is coming from group companies and not directly from RM. I question how much longer the group companies have to be able to support the football club.

The striking off proposal, is that a proposal and is an automated companies house process. Finalising the company accounts (to which TL has said are being speedily prepared) to ensure this does not happen. Will see that go away very quickly.

To remove the winding up order, and to remove the trsnsfer embargo, we need the bridging finance. A simple question is, what happened if the bridging finance does not go through in time?

I will ALWAYS be Martin Out. What I will say is, he can develop properties and developments and has a proven history in doing this. I also have faith in TL to run the football club. If RM gets the funding required through the bridging finance to support the club I believe TL will do a fantastic job and we will become an attractive proposition for investment.

I do question though, who will step up (nobody) if the bridging finance does not appear and we’re unable to pay our bills.

On top of this, I also question if we’re using the bridging finance to run the football club in the short term, what money builds the stadium in the long term? More funds drawn down from developer based loans and products.

AT TIMES I question. Is it better the devil we know? If he can deliver FF, then he can sail into the sunset with his pockets full of cash and walk away with a legacy, albeit tarnished but completing what he set out to do… or (I pray) some wealthy oil drive state fund (would be nice).

For me, the club needs rid of RM. That is not going to happen over night, and is not going to happen until RM has his FF dream. In this period RM does need to do more, and do it correctly or it will become more and more toxic.

But as always, MARTIN OUT! Just when the time is right!
Absolutely nailed it.

Got a few charlton mates and they have been wanting their owner (about the third in 10 years) to leave again. A lot of anger there at the moment. However they as a club also do not own their ground or their training ground. If they are taken over the new people would need to pay £65m to get these both back as the clubs assets.

For many it is absolutely all and only about regime change, at any cost.

I think the major difference between us and Blackpool is that your owner simply took all the money out of the club (amongst other things as well, but I think that was the big problem) whereas our owner can't put enough in.

Getting rid of your owner enabled your club to grow and start to get back where it was. Getting rid of ours at this stage will almost certainly kill the club in its present form and we will have to start again at the bottom level. There are just as many fans (more, I suspect) that DON'T want the club to go down that route than do.

And therein lies the problem, which is described by many as apathy. It isn't; it's resigned acceptance and an awful lot of hope that the situation will resolve itself and we will be better because of it.
“I think the major difference between us and Blackpool is that your owner simply took all the money out of the club (amongst other things as well, but I think that was the big problem) whereas our owner can't put enough in.”

Exactly- Ron’s major crime is not being wealthy enough to bankroll the club sufficiently over the last 20 years and deliver (yet) on the the stadium. The situations are very different.

I admire the resilience and determination of Blackpool fans but their situation was not entirely comparable.

Absolutely this! I am not his biggest fan but I won't berate him for the way he has spoken to those people. It's **** weather, it's New Years Eve and he has a load of people turn up making noise, chanting outside his house. He's well within his right to tell them to **** off regardless of his position at the club.
I admire his restraint.

“I think the major difference between us and Blackpool is that your owner simply took all the money out of the club (amongst other things as well, but I think that was the big problem) whereas our owner can't put enough in.”

Exactly- Ron’s major crime is not being wealthy enough to bankroll the club sufficiently over the last 20 years and deliver (yet) on the the stadium. The situations are very different.

I admire the resilience and determination of Blackpool fans but their situation was not entirely comparable.
But Rons other crime is not accepting that his greed is costing us, anybody who really cared would have at least allowed outside investment.

Last edited:
See how far we have come as a club…
12 years ago the same thing took place, though I did mistake his wife for the maid and asked her to put the kettle on at the end of the video

The wife was much better at dealing with supporters at their house. But yeah, going to his house just makes him anti our fans, when actually, we need him on our side before he goes, hate it or hate it.

But Rons other crime is no accepting that his greed is costing us, anybody who really cared would have at least allowed outside investment.
I was under the impression we already did have outside partners in the development and that he is giving up a slice of the pie to - Allied Commercial Exporters?

Reactions: fbm
I was under the impression we already did have outside partners in the development and that he is giving up a slice of the pie to - Allied Commercial Exporters?
That's my point as well... he's getting the money from somewhere because he's run out. I've said for a while he may well already have outside investors and it's them who are pulling the strings.

Really??. Then why wasn't it arranged when he said it would be?.
Could be a few things, has anything happened in the financial markets over recent weeks? Any uncertainty re interest rates? It’s not like a couple a brain dead idiots tried to crash the economy or something? We don’t know but it wouldn’t be the biggest shock of the year to find there have been a few challenges on finalising finance…

That's my point as well... he's getting the money from somewhere because he's run out. I've said for a while he may well already have outside investors and it's them who are pulling the strings.
I thought that was already well-reported, those investors are Guy and Alexander Dellal.

Could be a few things, has anything happened in the financial markets over recent weeks? Any uncertainty re interest rates? It’s not like a couple a brain dead idiots tried to crash the economy or something? We don’t know but it wouldn’t be the biggest shock of the year to find there have been a few challenges on finalising finance…
Very possible, but if so then don't keep radio silence & keep all supporters updated?. Everyone's aware of what's been happening in the financial markets lately, so what harm in telling us the situation?.

Back