• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Support The Team Not The Regime! New update 24/11

My thoughts

I don’t like Ron, but he’s going nowhere. Protests won’t do much vs a £50m profit.

That £50m is seemingly moving closer. The training ground being built and promise of stadium to follow… actually. For the first time I believe it will and I believe the date of Q2 to start.

There are potential investors, so if he did want to sell I think it’s feasible.

People continually tell him to get someone in to help with the finances. Actually - that’s what he’s doing with the bridging loans. I wish he’d see the trouble coming earlier though.

Folk say that the 4th stand will start at the same time as the other 3. I’m less sure on this being true than the build

Some of the figures today about £1.4m by being IN the league make it crucial that we get back there. So the playing side is important. Maybe next year (without Wrexham and notts co. Potentially) is the year to go for that.

Turning up at his house is not appropriate. His lack of regret about paying staff is the reason I dislike him… so if you go there at the very least… fight that corner - not that we lost to Bromley and the keeper is a bit wobbly.

Showing up at his house isn’t appropriate, but then again running the club into the ground like he has isn’t either. Either way, it’s sparked him into making a club statement which has been badly lacking. To push the blame to Chris Philips is so disrespectful and demonstrates his awful attitude to the whole situation

Showing up at his house isn’t appropriate, but then again running the club into the ground like he has isn’t either. Either way, it’s sparked him into making a club statement which has been badly lacking. To push the blame to Chris Philips is so disrespectful and demonstrates his awful attitude to the whole situation
Has he done that, is it on the video ?

He does accuse CP of lying a few times in the full 6 minute video. Yes!
I am rather late to all of this due to some personal reasons so am way out of what is going on.
What 6 minute video?

I suspect this was about the post about wages? Have to say the initial non-CP posts in the afternoon about players not being paid followed by CP stating players paid but staff only for Nov created a significant backlash here and on SM.

The reality was that same PM all payers had been paid and the vast majority of staff until the end Dec?

CP wouldn’t deliberately post anything to mislead so no doubt there is somehow a miscommunication between him and the club, or just some loose wording. Hopefully soon forgotten as CP makes a significant positive contribution to the community that is our club (to the clubs benefit as well as ours)

I suspect this was about the post about wages? Have to say the initial non-CP posts in the afternoon about players not being paid followed by CP stating players paid but staff only for Nov created a significant backlash here and on SM.

The reality was that same PM all payers had been paid and the vast majority of staff until the end Dec?

CP wouldn’t deliberately post anything to mislead so no doubt there is somehow a miscommunication between him and the club, or just some loose wording. Hopefully soon forgotten as CP makes a significant positive contribution to the community that is our club (to the clubs benefit as well as ours)
No miscommunication I don't think. Chris knows and speaks to an awful lot more people inside the club than any of us or even Ron/Tom might think. I am pretty confident that the "9/10" or "90%" of staff being paid up to date line would have been untrue if it had made its way into the statement as planned. The replacement "majority of staff" line is dubious at best.

Absolutely this! I am not his biggest fan but I won't berate him for the way he has spoken to those people. It's **** weather, it's New Years Eve and he has a load of people turn up making noise, chanting outside his house. He's well within his right to tell them to **** off regardless of his position at the club.

A few decades ago he could have called for his butler to fetch the elephant gun and to release the dogs.

In the modern world its best to call some hard pipe hitting people to go to work on the home boys with a pair pliers and a blow torch.

Last edited by a moderator:
No miscommunication I don't think. Chris knows and speaks to an awful lot more people inside the club than any of us or even Ron/Tom might think. I am pretty confident that the "9/10" or "90%" of staff being paid up to date line would have been untrue if it had made its way into the statement as planned. The replacement "majority of staff" line is dubious at best.
The problem is the actual wording is

“November salaries have been paid in full and the vast majority of December salaries have been paid. We will be working hard to clear the balance in the coming days, we are sorry for the delay.” Note “vast majority” not “majority”. So the implication would then have be that Tom is not telling the truth…

I don’t believe either Tom or Chris would intentionally mislead and so my conclusion about communication (note I say between Club and Chris not Tom and Chris).

The problem is the actual wording is

“November salaries have been paid in full and the vast majority of December salaries have been paid. We will be working hard to clear the balance in the coming days, we are sorry for the delay.” Note “vast majority” not “majority”. So the implication would then have be that Tom is not telling the truth…

I don’t believe either Tom or Chris would intentionally mislead and so my conclusion about communication (note I say between Club and Chris not Tom and Chris).
'Vast majority' leaves plenty of wriggle room. Waffle without substance.

Just semantics. At the end of the day, if Ron had been paying the staff on time, this issue wouldn’t arise. We only found out about it by insider information, so no doubt it would have been brushed under the carpet if nothing was said

'Vast majority' leaves plenty of wriggle room. Waffle without substance.
Verses staff paid only for November no it doesn’t, not even close regrettably…

Anyway let’s park it now- there’s a game about to start…

Thought I'd take a quick look at our next opponents accounts - see if it is as easy to run a profitable club as some on here think....

Bromley FC (95) Ltd accounts for year ending 31 Dec 21. Some highlights....

Revenue - £1.7m up from £1.4n in 2020
Operating Profit - Loss of £850k up from loss of £125k in 2020
No of Staff 28 (!!!) down from 30 in 2020

As a small company it doesn't have to provide much commentary on the year. But it's parent company had this paragraph

View attachment 24010

I still had the parent company accounts open when I opened my browser - so had another look - these accounts state the football club employs 44 staff in 2021 - not sure why its different from the 28 stated in the football club subsidiary accounts.

Back