• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Wolves keeper wants 'significant bans' after clash with Southend fan

Well you know if you invade the pitch what is likely to happen- not sure a stiffer sentence was warranted though.

Yes, I remember this.
I don’t agree with what happened that day,
But,
And this has been mentioned before on another thread,
Their players, when they scored came running over to the away stand, all amped up and full of testosterone giving large, very large to the away fans.
this In turn, enraged quite a few supporters around myself,
But, when we complained to the security persons about the players exciting the fans, they just shrugged their shoulders.
Now,
If a fan can get punished for their crime on the pitch, then surely, there must be an equal measure of punishment for if a player excites or taunts the away fans by making gestures or running towards them with aggression on their face.

Agree with what he says, however, his team mates should think twice before egging the away fans...

And then what followed after was a disaster class in crowd management from the stewards (and police?)

Maybe one year we'll have a nice away day in Solihull... (The other year was Ron vs fans!)

Yes, I remember this.
But,
Their players, when they scored came running over to the away stand, all amped up and full of testosterone giving large, very large to the away fans.
But, when we complained to the security persons about the players exciting the fans, they just shrugged their shoulders.
Now,
If a fan can get punished for their crime on the pitch, then surely, there must be an equal measure of punishment for if a player excites or taunts the away fans by making gestures or running towards them with aggression on their face.
So what if their players were being a dick throughout the game especially if they score, players from all clubs have done that, including ours and will keep coding it, they do it more when us fans give them more abuse.

As fans you know don’t go on the pitch and you don’t confront players, is not that hard to understand

Yes, I remember this.
But,
Now,
Fans goad the opposition fans all the time but most people aren't thin skinned enough to decide that means someone needs to be assaulted. Even if it was a bit stupid of him to egg on the crowd saying the keeper deserves an equal punishment is ridiculous.

Yes, I remember this.
But,
Now,
So the fans behind the goal were being meek and mild mannered and out of nowhere the home players after scoring "came running over to the away stand, all amped up and full of testosterone giving large, very large to the away fans"?

Seems a bit over the top if the players are being that feral when all that the away fans were doing were applauding the tremendous skill and dexterity out on the pitch.

Agree with what he says, however, his team mates should think twice before egging the away fans...

And then what followed after was a disaster class in crowd management from the stewards (and police?)

Maybe one year we'll have a nice away day in Solihull... (The other year was Ron vs fans!)
Fans goad the opposition fans all the time but most people aren't thin skinned enough to decide that means someone needs to be assaulted. Even if it was a bit stupid of him to egg on the crowd saying the keeper deserves an equal punishment is ridiculous.

Exactly. It is akin to saying rape victims should shoulder some of the blame if they are wearing a short skirt.

So what if their players were being a dick throughout the game especially if they score, players from all clubs have done that, including ours and will keep coding it, they do it more when us fans give them more abuse.

As fans you know don’t go on the pitch and you don’t confront players, is not that hard to understand
Inciting crowd trouble is an offence, be it opposing fans or players. The punishment should be the same for both

So the fans behind the goal were being meek and mild mannered and out of nowhere the home players after scoring "came running over to the away stand, all amped up and full of testosterone giving large, very large to the away fans"?

Seems a bit over the top if the players are being that feral when all that the away fans were doing were applauding the tremendous skill and dexterity out on the pitch.

Yep, I can only report on what I saw in front of myself on the day.

This also happened to the surporters, not behind the goal but to the supporters to the left hand side of the goal, who were not goading anybody.

And yes, to me it really did seem completely over the top from the player with the beard, we were just standing there saying what a good goal it was, when suddenly their player ran up to that part of the away support and goaded quite aggressively by their player.

I thought it prudent not to jump on the pitch but to complain to the steward instead.

And yes, I believe that what I witnessed, the player should have been reprimanded by the ref in any way he seems fit.

Yep, I can only report on what I saw in front of myself on the day.

This also happened to the surporters, not behind the goal but to the supporters to the left hand side of the goal, who were not goading anybody.

And yes, to me it really did seem completely over the top from the player with the beard, we were just standing there saying what a good goal it was, when suddenly their player ran up to that part of the away support and goaded quite aggressively by their player.

I thought it prudent not to jump on the pitch but to complain to the steward instead.

And yes, I believe that what I witnessed, the player should have been reprimanded by the ref in any way he seems fit.
That would suggest the players are completely unhinged, fair enough.

Not exactly related to this case, but it's became de rigueur for an opposition scorer at the away end to goad away fans, usually with hands folded or finger to lips.

Why would you not run to your own fans or wheel away to celebrate?
It's become the norm for scorers to be confrontational - and wrong, IMO.

So the Southend fan was given a three year football banning order

He is probably wearing Timberland loafers, Salmon slacks and a Ralph Laurent top with the collar turned up to Harlequins games now whilst still behaving like a ****ed up ****.

Meanwhile another Southend fan slips through the net.

Last edited:
We need more people running on the pitch not less. Every week we have some time wasting idiot giving it large to Southend fan. A few more smacks in the mouth will make players behave and then the problem will end.

Equally if someone in the crowd calls a player a four letter name for no reason I don't have a problem with the player belting the fan.

Both sides need to get back to respecting each other. Not whinging like that pathetic young Wolves keeper. Don't dish it out if you cant take it back.

Back