• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread HMRC v SUFC - FINAL hearing on 1st March. DISMISSED

Outcome of HMRC court case 1 March

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
How can you be so sure that he will find the money? It’s obvious he hasn’t been able to so far and do you know for a fact Ron won’t sell now?

In the past yes there have been lenders out there who will always lend money but with the cost of living crises that’s now changed. Loan companies are being a lot stricter when it comes to lending money, especially with the sort of money Ron needs to borrow.

Not sure where you’ve read building costs have fallen in the last year? I work in the building trade and can tell you they have continued to rise considerably which is making the industry tougher and tougher every day.

It's not anything I've read but what building contractors that use us and that we use at work have told us.

From what I heard in the last few hours, the financials are a done deal and sorted.
It may be that with 5 home games coming up, drawdown is being delayed until absolutely the last minute, or maybe funds haven't officially been released yet. Either way, from what I hear, the concerns can now be more or less put aside and hopefully the atmosphere at roots hall will flourish if we're treated to more good games.
It was always 'get to Feb and we'll be ok', and with the run of home games and financials sorted, we can get back to focusing cheering the lads on. Southend fans are particularly good at that both home and away.
Excellent news. The sooner, the better so we can stop with all the toxicity here.

Here's part of the exact wording regarding use by Southend or another club

" (b) Phase I .......and subsequently made available for use whether by Southend Football Club or any other Club to the satisfaction of the Director of Planning or Head of Planning and Building Control;"

Uh-oh...... "Southend Football Club"? Who are they? Surely a phoenix club would be named Southend City....?

Excellent news. The sooner, the better so we can stop with all the toxicity here.
Agreed , but it is not the fans fault that we find ourselves in this position, just one man and people need somewhere to vent their views (good or bad) and unfortunately there has been a lot more bad news than good these past few years. Fans get tired and fed up being treated like mushrooms.

Hopefully now the worst will be soon behind us all.

Agreed , but it is not the fans fault that we find ourselves in this position, just one man and people need somewhere to vent their views (good or bad) and unfortunately there has been a lot more bad news than good these past few years. Fans get tired and fed up being treated like mushrooms.

Loving your last sentence, but we will only be able to truly say that after that awful ”person” has gone. There was a time when SUFC were 10 times anything that Gillingham could aspire to for example…....but even they appear to be moving forward under new ownership. Never thought I’d live to see the day when I’d be envious of them. Lucky blighters.

Unfortunately there has to be a strong possibility that the worst is still ahead of us and that cash flow issues, build interruptions and hiccups will continue through the entirety of the project and the endless cycle of posts repeated ad nausium on here by the same people will go on and on and on….

From what I heard in the last few hours, the financials are a done deal and sorted.
It may be that with 5 home games coming up, drawdown is being delayed until absolutely the last minute, or maybe funds haven't officially been released yet. Either way, from what I hear, the concerns can now be more or less put aside and hopefully the atmosphere at roots hall will flourish if we're treated to more good games.
It was always 'get to Feb and we'll be ok', and with the run of home games and financials sorted, we can get back to focusing cheering the lads on. Southend fans are particularly good at that both home and away.
Good news. Puts the mind at ease slightly.

Seemed like this was possible given the silence from club given any ‘it’s only a matter of time’ statement would have been jumped on, and rightly so. Guess waiting till funds in place before saying anything pre protest game of the 28th is the best we can hope for🤞

The gamble taken on the 18th, no matter if it comes good, will always linger on.

How can you be so sure that he will find the money? It’s obvious he hasn’t been able to so far...
But it isn't obvious. What IS obvious is that the HMRC debt is still due, the embargo remains and we have a D-Day of March 1st to pay or go bust.

He may have a loan in place but, for a variety of possible reasons, hasn't drawndown as yet.

I don't know and neither do you.

That's really good to hear. Thank god.

But it isn't obvious. What IS obvious is that the HMRC debt is still due, the embargo remains and we have a D-Day of March 1st to pay or go bust.

He may have a loan in place but, for a variety of possible reasons, hasn't drawndown as yet.

I don't know and neither do you.
We’ll have to agree to disagree on that one as to me it is pretty clear he hasn’t been able to secure the loan yet or it would have been dismissed last Wednesday.

The guy is potless and most people in their right mind would not lend that man any money with his track record.

As someone said on here which I agree with, they are actually envious of Gillingham now. They took 1200 to Colchester yesterday, pre new owners they would have been lucky to take 400-500. They are heavily investing in their squad and the owner is putting his money exactly where his mouth is.

The only way forward for this club is under new ownership. We have absolutely NO future under a property developer who is skint and drags the clubs name through the mud on a weekly basis! The potential of our club is endless and yet is being wasted on a crook of an owner!

Last edited:
Unfortunately there has to be a strong possibility that the worst is still ahead of us and that cash flow issues, build interruptions and hiccups will continue through the entirety of the project
This is my concern as well. Cashflow will continue to be perilous and as the draw down facility is secured against the new development (as I'm lead to believe) the worry is we now burn through the cash and end up defaulting on repaying either the capital or the interest.

Fingers crossed I'm just being a prophet of doom but I do like to err on the side of pessimism when it comes to all things SUFC related.

Last edited:
I guess like many I will not rest easy until we hear this officially from the club via our CEO aa too many if's, but's and maybe's at the moment........perhaps on Monday morning the Trust should be seeking clarification !

Bang on there John 👍

Last edited:
question if the finances are in place or almost .Why the hell doesnt Ron pay the HRMS at a much earlyer date .There for the embargo gets lifted .And kevinn can go hunting for a couple more players in to bolster the squad for the very long run in due to the postpone matches .

question if the finances are in place or almost .Why the hell doesnt Ron pay the HRMS at a much earlyer date .There for the embargo gets lifted .And kevinn can go hunting for a couple more players in to bolster the squad for the very long run in due to the postpone matches .
Fully agree with your statement.
We could do with a couple of new faces to freshen up competition for the squad.
Why are we waiting Ron , remember your October statement saying the loan was going to take only a few weeks to arrange.
And where are we after almost 4 months? No evidence yet of sorting things. We get so much in the know insider info on here, but much turns out to be BS 🐂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back