• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southend United withdraw from Essex Senior Cup

They'll do well to get this on tbf, I am about 6 miles away and it has barely got above freezing all day. Baltic.

No football to go to tonight then as bishop stortford off also, do I chance concord rangers ? I think not.

Searching around for news of new date for the Essex Senior Cup game that was due to be played first at Roots Hall and then at Braintree last week.

Nothing on the Southend site but Braintree have posted the following -

"Last Tuesday evening's Essex Senior Cup tie at home to Southend United, re-arranged to take place at the Dunmow Group Stadium, was postponed by the Match referee 75 minutes before kick-off as the pitch was deemed to be unfit. This match will now revert to Southend United and be played next Wednesday, 25th January, kick-off 7.30pm"

Obviously now if the Maidenhead game takes place and is not postponed on Tuesday, the Southend line up will be a youth eleven I'd imagine.

Searching around for news of new date for the Essex Senior Cup game that was due to be played first at Roots Hall and then at Braintree last week.

"Last Tuesday evening's Essex Senior Cup tie at home to Southend United, re-arranged to take place at the Dunmow Group Stadium, was postponed by the Match referee 75 minutes before kick-off as the pitch was deemed to be unfit. This match will now revert to Southend United and be played next Wednesday, 25th January, kick-off 7.30pm"

Obviously now if the Maidenhead game takes place and is not postponed on Tuesday, the Southend line up will be a youth eleven I'd imagine.
We have 19 senior players at least available for the Maidenhead match. Many of them should be able to play Braintree on Wednesday .

Hope you didn't spend too much time searching as I put it on the refwatch thread for this game earlier !

Hope you didn't spend too much time searching as I put it on the refwatch thread for this game earlier !
I didn't bust a gut believe me so no extensive detective work was undertaken. Never actually read refwatch so that one bypassed me.

Oh well, Braintree had it on their site but not Southend. I'm sure they would have got there in the end - maybe 🤔

Given the number of games scheduled for Roots Hall in the next few weeks and the state of the pitch I thought they may have played this at Braintree.

Concord, who did well to get their game on, on Saturday, have moved their tie the same night to Bowers 3G pitch.

So, who fancies a game at Roots Hall on Wednesday? Now Maidenhead is off tomorrow it should be a stronger team.
Won’t be on at RH, won’t want to risk the pitch ahead of Saturday and with five games in a row. Be gutted though as after Saturday and tomrow night off we need a footie fix. Why can’t it be moved to a neutral 4g?

It really would be helpful if the club could confirm if this match is actually scheduled to be held at Roots Hall tomorrow. Its on the Essex FA website and Braintree website as being 7:30 kick off tomorrow evening at Roots Hall but nothing except radio silence (as per usual) from the club.

It really would be helpful if the club could confirm if this match is actually scheduled to be held at Roots Hall tomorrow. Its on the Essex FA website and Braintree website as being 7:30 kick off tomorrow evening at Roots Hall but nothing except radio silence (as per usual) from the club.
It's the ECFA's flagship competition so their information should be definitive.

Back