• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Oldham Athletic v Southend United - rearranged for Tuesday 18 April, 7:45pm

Hate that..today 1978..five of us pressed into a MINI...and got to a pub on the corner of Crewe Alex ground,only to find out the game was off...and on the way back it broke down on the motorway...S&&T happens
Off topic but know where your coming from, especially when travelling on the coach's in the 70's. Broke down in Huntingdon in Jan 73 or 74 coming back from Peterborough FA Cup 3rd rd. Stuck there for 2 hrs!.
Then in 75 en route to Plymouth on a Fri night game in Feb, coach broke down en route for about an hr. Next day same thing happened returning in Bridport. Another 2 hrs before we got going again!.

Off topic but know where your coming from, especially when travelling on the coach's in the 70's. Broke down in Huntingdon in Jan 73 or 74 coming back from Peterborough FA Cup 3rd rd. Stuck there for 2 hrs!.
Then in 75 en route to Plymouth on a Fri night game in Feb, coach broke down en route for about an hr. Next day same thing happened returning in Bridport. Another 2 hrs before we got going again!.

Made a mental know to check your arrangements if I ever get a coach away again

Our pre season match was cancelled yesterday because it was still 36 degrees here in Perth Aus at 4pm!! I know which I prefer 🤣

Given that a wsl match was called off 6 minutes into the game due to a frozen pitch the FA need to take a long hard look about when decisions are made on cancellations

You would like to think that the procedures & processes relating to pitch inspections & cancellations are reviewed regularly.

I would think the vast majority of cancellations are without controversy but each season there does some to be some cases of games being postponed "too late" & there seem to be cases when games are postponed "too early" when they could have been played.

It's not a perfect world - and just like the introduction of V.A.R. - it still comes down to a matter of judgement, yes?

Given that a wsl match was called off 6 minutes into the game due to a frozen pitch the FA need to take a long hard look about when decisions are made on cancellations
I’m sure there haven’t been any CANCELLATIONS,not even in women’s football.

A lot of the games in the National League North and South and lower tiers were played yesterday. How come so many National League games were called off?

That was traffic congestion I think due to an electrical issue in the A3 tunnel.

Off topic I know ...

Thankfully on the way we were getting down to Pompey early as its where Em is from originally so we had time to spare. The KO was delayed 15 mins because of it. We went 1 down and then went down to 10 men (BBBC sent off!?) and then an announcement came over the tannoy basically telling us away fans the quickest way home was closed and cue loud cheers from the home fans. Thankfully we got 2 goals and won 2-1. We then got on the phone to Ems dad who guided us thru a very quick (and dark!) route to the M23 and were back on the 127 by midnight which was good going as I remember seeing the next day the trust coaches didn't get back till 230am!

Off topic I know ...

Thankfully on the way we were getting down to Pompey early as its where Em is from originally so we had time to spare. The KO was delayed 15 mins because of it. We went 1 down and then went down to 10 men (BBBC sent off!?) and then an announcement came over the tannoy basically telling us away fans the quickest way home was closed and cue loud cheers from the home fans. Thankfully we got 2 goals and won 2-1. We then got on the phone to Ems dad who guided us thru a very quick (and dark!) route to the M23 and were back on the 127 by midnight which was good going as I remember seeing the next day the trust coaches didn't get back till 230am!

I was on one of the supporters coaches that managed to make it to the game around kick-off (perhaps just after as I remember sitting down and them immediately scoring). The coach driver diverted off before hitting the traffic and we ended up heading down these tiny roads in the dark and I'm amazed we made it through without getting stuck somewhere.

I think the other coach ended up getting to the stadium at half time or something.

Off topic I know ...

Thankfully on the way we were getting down to Pompey early as it’s where Em is from originally so we had time to spare. The KO was delayed 15 mins because of it. We went 1 down and then went down to 10 men (BBBC sent off!?) and then an announcement came over the tannoy basically telling us away fans the quickest way home was closed and cue loud cheers from the home fans. Thankfully we got 2 goals and won 2-1. We then got on the phone to Ems dad who guided us thru a very quick (and dark!) route to the M23 and were back on the 127 by midnight which was good going as I remember seeing the next day the trust coaches didn't get back till 230am!
Kick off delayed and we still missed the start -Andy Barcham rifled one in after just a few minutes for pompey. We heard the goal go in on the radio just as we were a few minutes away from the ground - “should we just go home??” we said…….
Cauley Woodrow was sent off, just after he came on as a sub, for an elbow. Great goals from Atko and BBBC to win it. Top, top atmosphere in the away end that evening.

Think BBBC was sent off at Pompey a few years later, same result though……1-2 ☺️

Back