• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread HMRC v SUFC - FINAL hearing on 1st March. DISMISSED

Outcome of HMRC court case 1 March

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
question if the finances are in place or almost .Why the hell doesnt Ron pay the HRMS at a much earlyer date .There for the embargo gets lifted .And kevinn can go hunting for a couple more players in to bolster the squad for the very long run in due to the postpone matches .
Can’t I don’t think, have to wait until court date to have it thrown out anyways

question if the finances are in place or almost .Why the hell doesnt Ron pay the HRMS at a much earlyer date .There for the embargo gets lifted .And kevinn can go hunting for a couple more players in to bolster the squad for the very long run in due to the postpone matches .
My guess is the finances are not in place!
Can we gave a sweep on when the club will make a statement! Friday late afternoon before the protest anyone?

Fully agree with your statement.
We could do with a couple of new faces to freshen up competition for the squad.
Why are we waiting Ron , remember your October statement saying the loan was going to take only a few weeks to arrange.
And where are we after almost 4 months? No evidence yet of sorting things. We get so much in the know insider info on here, but much turns out to be BS 🐂
Posters offer up their info with the best of intentions, sometimes they are accurate, sometimes not. If we knew everything for certain all of the time there would nothing to grumble about. Sadly, Ron doesn't tell us anything, so I'm grateful when folk offer titbits as and when.

I’m not saying all snippets are BS, but sometimes it’s just speculation.
Ron and the club’s position on keeping us informed is so bad and dismissive to us all.
I really do hope the mythical loan comes to fruition. But it’s just hearsay at present.
For goodness sake Ron include us supporters as a part of the club!

Trust Statement - 22nd January 2023

Further to the statement released by the Shrimpers Trust on 18th January following Southend United FC's appearance in the High Court, we would like to provide the following update to supporters.

We have managed to communicate with the club's hierarchy and we remain frustrated by the apparent lack of understanding about supporters' worries at a critical time.

We understand the club intend to release a statement but, given the importance of the current situation to the future of the club, we believe this is already overdue and implore the owner to address our concerns.

Members of the Shrimpers Trust Board intend to meet with supporters' groups imminently and, whilst we monitor message boards and social media regularly, we welcome the direct input of all fans via email or our website.

If you have any questions for the Trust please feel free to contact us via our website, http://www.shrimperstrust.co.uk or by email on info@shrimperstrust.co.uk

The Shrimpers Trust Board

2014 Logo-1000 v4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for doing that, some of the stuff on here recently has been awful to read. I know tension is running high, and people are worried, but to mock mental health, cancer and rape victims too has been unnecessary. They are just the ones I’ve seen.
I am surprised the mods allow this stuff to be posted tbh. Seems like peopke are getting away woth more stuff on here now

Last edited:
Not wanting Ron out at this particular moment in time isn't being pro Ron.

Acknowledging what he done in the past or having some understanding of why he has taken the action he has isn't being pro Ron.

In fact, I doubt you'll find a pro Ron fan in the supporter base.

I think you'll find many people are pro SUFC and just happen to believe that the best chance the club has of surviving is just to let the current scenario play out without protests, marches, bringing the scenario to the attention of the national press and are just trying to enjoy what is the best season on the pitch we have had for some time.
Exactly. Middle ground seems to have disappeared.

Social media has a lot to answer for. There was a time when being able to acknowledge and understand different opinions, even if you didn't agree with them, was a virtue.

Why are we waiting Ron , remember your October statement saying the loan was going to take only a few weeks to arrange.
And where are we after almost 4 months? No evidence yet of sorting things. We get so much in the know insider info on here, but much turns out to be BS 🐂

Does it?

I’d hazard a guess that around 85% plus comes to fruition.

Everything people who are ITK post is with the best intentions. Sometimes it’s to dismiss nonsense, sometimes it’s to add some context to a discussion, but it’s never done with the intention for it to be BS, at least from my perspective.

I’ve begun to post less and less, especially with the ITK stuff.

Very fair and balanced , and I happily take most of your points on board........I might be tempted to ask ......"were the better times in spite of him, rather than because of him".? ...... but thats for another day.

I just want to outlive this toxic regime and see the back of it once and for all.

I'll keep on the statins till then !!

Of course you would. Some people aren’t prepared to give even the glimmer of praise to RM for anything at all during his reign.

When you've been on Shrimperzone for around 99 years like wot I have you get to know the BS posters from those who are genuinely ITK. The genuine ones post in good faith but just occasionally the info they get from their sources gets turned on its head for various reasons. None the less nearly all the time these good'uns are right and I really appreciate their posts. As for the latest info that the bridging loan is all but there, well I'm sure that's from a good source. Trouble is, only Ron knows the truth and he can say what he wants to those around him and I only believe it once it happens in cases like this. But basically, don't shoot the messenger!

Of course you would. Some people aren’t prepared to give even the glimmer of praise to RM for anything at all during his reign.
Best wake up and smell the coffee !!

We are in the rock bottom toxic cesspit … entirely of his making !! , We are out of the league, a pariah club, a laughing stock, all but bankrupt, unpaid staff, embargoes, a broken, derelict shell of what might have been….going 90 mile an hour down a dead end street !!

And you want to talk about Praise for him !!!??

Can I come and live in your parallel world ? I’d love to be totally disconnected from reality when it comes to poor old SUFC.

God knows there are enough of Ron’s “love boys” on here…….. about time a bit of balance was restored.

PS…… are you Ron ??

Last edited:

We are in the rock bottom toxic cesspit … entirely of his making !! , We are out of the league, a pariah club, a laughing stock, all but bankrupt, unpaid staff, embargoes, a broken, derelict shell of what might have been….going 90 mile an hour down a dead end street !!

Can I come and live in your parallel world ? I’d love to be totally disconnected from reality when it comes to poor old SUFC.

God knows there are enough of Ron’s “love boys” on here…….. about time a bit of balance was restored.

PS…… are you Ron ??
I think all BW is trying to say is that there is a grey area. It’s not all black or white.

Sadly about half the posters on the zone can only see the black (assuming black is the bad side of the equation). Unfortunately these seem to be getting in the way of the other half who see different shades of grey. I haven’t seen one poster in the white category and suspect only Rob himself is there.

Actually, like me I think most are in a dark grey. Only differing on whether now is the right time to protest or not. My view is that it is not, given it won’t make a blind bit of difference to Ron at the moment. But I respect other people may think differently and may choose to act differently.

I do think with all the AI pushing content that appeals to specific individuals is spiking this new way of being, and people then find it difficult to talk or debate different opinions in various forums.

I guess if the club is under a constant embargo, he does not have to give the club any money for players. A win win situation for Ron I guess.
He just sits on the club and let's other people run about finding money to pay taxes he's dodged and pay staff their wages until he gets the windfall from Fossets, when it finally gets its first brick in the ground.
Why do I get a feeling that the person who buys the club from him will have to rent the ground off of him too?
Hopefully I'm wrong, but his grip on this club is never going to go away :(

And you want to talk about Praise for him !!!??

PS…… are you Ron ??

Yawn, the standard response at the moment, entirely predictable unfortunately.

As pointed out by @bazzashrimper all I am eluding to is there has been some wonderful times under RM stewardship, there can be no denying it, the same as there have been some dreadful times too.

I’m not for one minute suggesting we all sit here and just dish out praise for things he has done and ignore the awful stuff just recently. There have been more negatives than positives, I’m just saying there have been positives too.

“my parallel world” and “disconnected from reality” okay. Not having another dig at mental health again there are you? Kind of brings down a whole argument if you are going down that route for a second time…

“Ron’s love boys”? Just because some on here know that RM is so close to his pot of gold, and it’ll cost hundreds of millions to get him out of our Club at the moment, and aren’t prepared to join in protests doesn’t make us “Ron love boys”. There isn’t a single person in our fan base I’d suggest, that believes RM is the future and is the rightful custodian of our Club.

I think a lot of people on here need to relax a little, yes things are awful, things have never been this bad with what’s in the public (some of the ITK people will know just how bad it was over the summer, but obviously that’s all BS as some suggest), but everything is just covering the same ground over and over. Every thread gets hijacked about abuse of RM, then of the fans you even dare suggest not everything is his fault, and then it just goes on and on.

Yawn, the standard response at the moment, entirely predictable unfortunately.

As pointed out by @bazzashrimper all I am eluding to is there has been some wonderful times under RM stewardship, there can be no denying it, the same as there have been some dreadful times too.

I’m not for one minute suggesting we all sit here and just dish out praise for things he has done and ignore the awful stuff just recently. There have been more negatives than positives, I’m just saying there have been positives too.

“my parallel world” and “disconnected from reality” okay. Not having another dig at mental health again there are you? Kind of brings down a whole argument if you are going down that route for a second time…

“Ron’s love boys”? Just because some on here know that RM is so close to his pot of gold, and it’ll cost hundreds of millions to get him out of our Club at the moment, and aren’t prepared to join in protests doesn’t make us “Ron love boys”. There isn’t a single person in our fan base I’d suggest, that believes RM is the future and is the rightful custodian of our Club.

I think a lot of people on here need to relax a little, yes things are awful, things have never been this bad with what’s in the public (some of the ITK people will know just how bad it was over the summer, but obviously that’s all BS as some suggest), but everything is just covering the same ground over and over. Every thread gets hijacked about abuse of RM, then of the fans you even dare suggest not everything is his fault, and then it just goes on and on.
Agree that RM is not the the future for SUFC but I tell you one thing, I hope we don’t go down any fan ownership/involvement route. Bloody hell, based on this forum alone we would be in big trouble if anyone of us got the nod to be replace Ron Martin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back