• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Supporters Group News Supporters Meeting

Stan, thanks for taking the time to come on SZ and post. I have a couple questions. Which I think a lot of zone members would like to hear from.

1. Can you confirm you had a conversation with Robert Jobson in late 2021, when you originally come back to the club mid protests and helped make the football side changes, where RM had confirmed to you he was unable to speak to your consortium or sell the club because he does not own the shares, because he has only paid 2 or the 3 £250,000 instalments to Vic Jobson / Vic Jobson estate?

2. When you host this supporters meeting will you be asking fans to not protest? You directly told me in 2021, to continue protesting, it is working in the tunnel in Roots Hall. Then quickly got a job at the football club and asked for the protests to stop. Had they not stopped we may not be in this position now. So is this supporters meeting a way of calming supporters down and asking for no protests? As this seems a well timed post?

3. Has anyone in the footballing department mentioned to you they're concerned they won't have a job come March?

I will add to this, I very much support the work the footballing department and Tom Lawrence is doing and any promotion and positivity surrounding his and the football department I look forward to update you can deliver on this.

This hasn't helped at all! The football department means nothing without Ron's support and backing ! Its not the football department we are interested in its knowing what's going on with Ron's finances and when or if he is going to pay staff and the tax bill! I know stan means we'll and he's just doing his job.

Last edited:
You realise you can be fully focused on something, but also have time for something else. Eg, maybe the paperwork has all been submitted for legal review and hence there is literally nothing he can do until that has occurred? Do you want Ron sitting outside the legal teams office for say 2 days until it is complete? Or should he work on other matters?
Oh yes, defo. But if he has time on his hands, i'd suggest he tells the supporters / supporter groups what the hell is going on, first

Thanks Stan, you already know you can’t win whatever you say or offer the fans.

An insight into the goings on in the football side of things would be very interesting to most of us I believe, but some folks can’t resist having a dig or completely miss the point.

There is already a marvellous thread on the HMRC issue Please don’t this one become it’s little brother!

Stan, thanks for taking the time to come on SZ and post. I have a couple questions. Which I think a lot of zone members would like to hear from.

1. Can you confirm you had a conversation with Robert Jobson in late 2021, when you originally come back to the club mid protests and helped make the football side changes, where RM had confirmed to you he was unable to speak to your consortium or sell the club because he does not own the shares, because he has only paid 2 or the 3 £250,000 instalments to Vic Jobson / Vic Jobson estate?

2. When you host this supporters meeting will you be asking fans to not protest? You directly told me in 2021, to continue protesting, it is working in the tunnel in Roots Hall. Then quickly got a job at the football club and asked for the protests to stop. Had they not stopped we may not be in this position now. So is this supporters meeting a way of calming supporters down and asking for no protests? As this seems a well timed post?

3. Has anyone in the footballing department mentioned to you they're concerned they won't have a job come March?

I will add to this, I very much support the work the footballing department and Tom Lawrence is doing and any promotion and positivity surrounding his and the football department I look forward to update you can deliver on this.
Wasn’t you supposed to release a video with Carl ages ago?

Wishful thinking........ I dont think Stan is saying that but wanting to concentrate on what he knows and that's the "footballing project" and the work of our CEO behind the scenes.
Exactly what I am saying - business as usual message from Stan could easily be read as “all is well, nothing to worry about”

Typical - this thread has been taken over with doom yet again.

Look at it from a different view - if the debt wasnt going to be cleared would Stan realistically be planning a meet like this to discuss the football side of things if there wasnt a realistic chance of the club still being here. The club have 35 days or whatever it is to pay and I highly doubt Stan will have mentioned this without assurances that things will be sorted very shortly especially when, i believe, he needs the clubs approval to do this.

Lots of fellow fans on here seem to be complaining that others are persisting with so called doom posts and comments.

It is entirely understandable that many of us are sickened to see what has happened to our club. How much worse can things get before some people stop giving Ron an easy ride.

We watch Everton fans holding up banners trying to shame the owners into resigning and/or selling up, they could well succeed.

In the meantime we have endured multiple winding up orders, transfer embargoes, two relegations, loss of EFL status, a not fit for purpose stadium yet people are criticised for wanting to protest!

Throughout history there are numerous examples of where constant protest brings results, American Civil Rights, UK suffragettes etc. Obviously our plight is insignificant compared to these events but the principle is the same.

Lots of fellow fans on here seem to be complaining that others are persisting with so called doom posts and comments.

It is entirely understandable that many of us are sickened to see what has happened to our club. How much worse can things get before some people stop giving Ron an easy ride.

We watch Everton fans holding up banners trying to shame the owners into resigning and/or selling up, they could well succeed.

In the meantime we have endured multiple winding up orders, transfer embargoes, two relegations, loss of EFL status, a not fit for purpose stadium yet people are criticised for wanting to protest!

Throughout history there are numerous examples of where constant protest brings results, American Civil Rights, UK suffragettes etc. Obviously our plight is insignificant compared to these events but the principle is the same.

Wrong thread mate - this one is about a potential Stan meeting to update on football dept.

I really don't know which part of "I have nothing to do with the finances of the club, that's not part of my role or remit whatsoever" is so hard to grasp. Surely this one thread could concentrate just on the football dept and leave finances elsewhere...
A sad reflection of social media nowadays. People can't resist a dig/comment/argument despite their comment being irrelevant to the discussion.

I am 100% certain that Stan has no idea what a deceiving and untrustworthy person Mr Martin is. Therefore having a meeting to discuss on field issues is irrelevant until Mr Martin is gone or in the short term finds the funding to halt the club going into administration. As for everyone at Southend United(especially the Fans) being valued, appreciated and supported as much as can be given, well I have just spat my coffee out! Ron Martin has no regard or respect for the Southend fanbase, No communication no nothing, in my opinion just utter disdain. I appreciate Stan trying his best but......
Ithink you will find Stan is knowing what mr Martin is like he has had a few battles with him in the past . He once offerd Stan a position then let him down .But im glad he got his post and is on the fans side of things .

With the greatest respect to Stan and the incredible work he has done my sole focus is the countdown to the 1st March. It’s now just 37 days to pay.. Still no communication from the Club directly on when loan funds are due and HMRC to be cleared. Get this total mess sorted first !! Supporter meetings can follow..

Ithink you will find Stan is knowing what mr Martin is like he has had a few battles with him in the past . He once offerd Stan a position then let him down .But im glad he got his post and is on the fans side of things .
I can remember a time from back in the day when Ron promised he would take a Shrimpers Trust Committee member onto the Board as a fan, then "Surprise Surprise" he decided to change his mind and we all know why, "Well we do now that's for sure":Happy::Thumbs down:

Stan has inside knowledge as too what is happening at the club which he is willing to let us fans know about he is to be congratulated not slaged off.I dont of any other ex players willing to help out beware he could decide that he has enough and leave.So think about it he trying to help not hinder

Back