• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Next safe game?

Hi,

Just a simple one is the protests just for this next game?

This isn’t a post about wether I agree or disagree with the protests I get people think something needs to be done .

Reason I ask I wanna take my nephew who’s 5 to one of the up coming games but don’t think it’s a good atmosphere to be involved in people apparently turning up late Martin out chants ect. So wanna wait to take him when all calmed down.

This is the problem Kevin wants good attendance at the games and support the team so does Protests work if fans are staying away.Protesting outside the ground or a sit in like they recently they did at Everton would be in my view a better option.Afterall alienating the fan base isn't ideal.

Nothing will happen at the next game, they will hand out some embarrassing bits of paper demanding action and probably tweet saying they was arrested and banned from entering the stadium again.

This is what I've said before, I saw children crying in the West when they did it before.

I would avoid the next game.
How do you know they were crying because of a "Martin Out" chant from a small section of fans?.

Could have easily been the cold, dreadful football on display of they may have just received a right handed from their old man for playing up.

How do you know they were crying because of a "Martin Out" chant from a small section of fans?.

Could have easily been the cold, dreadful football on display of they may have just received a right handed from their old man for playing up.
or took a bite of their cardboard burger (without onions)

It was the crowd movement, pushing and shoving.

The guy running over shouting out with blood running down his head & face started children crying and getting upset where I was sitting quite frightening

It's my Dad's 70th on Thursday and I've got him the 12th man package for Saturday's game, he doesn't know that yet and I also booked it months before the leaflet about protests were handed out. As much as I back any protest its typical that it's happening on this game as I want my Dad to enjoy the day considering he's been a fan for 60 odd years. On top of that I've got 15 family members also coming along. I also thought it would be good to take my eldest (6 years old) to her first game and to see her Granddad on the pitch etc so when I heard about the protests I am considering not bringing her along. I don't want her first game to be ruined by any angry people, although I'm just as angry with how the clubs being run. I've got seats in the East currently to try and be away from the majority of the anger but really not sure whether to bring her or not. Personally I don't think many will take part in any protest, much like the sit in where barely anyone stayed so I could be worrying for nothing. But on the flip side it could turn into a Chesterfield, although I don't think it will.

many of the martin out brigade don`t seem to realise the harm it does to young children when they start banner waving and running on the pitch shouting it`s very frightening . and as people keep saying we all blame ron for our downfall . but the man is going nowhere
You are so right, he's not going anywhere!

Back