• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Programme required............

BALDY

Striker
Hi all,
My one and only trip to Roots Hall was for the F A Cup second round tie December 1970
Southend United v Dagenham F C in The FA Cup (1-0)

In the previous rounds The Shrimpers had thrashed Kings Lynn 9-0 and Brentwood 10-1

Even as a Dagenham F C fan I expected a huge defeat of course.
But we were defeated by only a single goal (Billy Best was the SUFC scorer)

DFC were applauded off the pitch by both sets of fans for playing so well.

The big question is does anybody have a copy of the programme for sale (reasonable price please)?

Last edited:
You might stand a better chance of getting one if you get the season right. It was a second round tie in December 1970. Oh, and we beat Brentwood 10-1 by the way.

We have a massive "sort" planned tomorrow at Roots Hall of all our stock and the stuff that's been donated recently, I will have a look to see if we have this programme anywhere - or, as I see the ebay listing has ended, have you already secured it?!

We have a massive "sort" planned tomorrow at Roots Hall of all our stock and the stuff that's been donated recently, I will have a look to see if we have this programme anywhere - or, as I see the ebay listing has ended, have you already secured it?!
Thank you anyway OBL----But Shrimper guided me to Ebay and I bought it there....Good luck today.

If you can find a programme for Southend United Vs Leyton Orient 17th October 1998 that would be great, they didn't seem to have enough that day and I was empty handed, the only game where I had no programme. I remember many years ago the older programmes would be on sale in the club shop.

If you can find a programme for Southend United Vs Leyton Orient 17th October 1998 that would be great, they didn't seem to have enough that day and I was empty handed, the only game where I had no programme. I remember many years ago the older programmes would be on sale in the club shop.
I'll try and look for you.

My cavourite programme cover was the one with Rob Newman with his arm round Carl Cort.

Does anyone have a photo of it?

My cavourite programme cover was the one with Rob Newman with his arm round Carl Cort.

Does anyone have a photo of it?
If you find out what programme it was, we've probably got it!

@Mad Dog Shrimper what do you want me to do with your programme? Do you come to home games and would you be able to pick it up and make a donation or do you want to ping me the funds and for me to post it?

Back