• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Supporters Group News Supporters Meeting

Morning all,

Met Ron this morning in London to go through several items on an agenda that I put to Ron and Tom recently.

I have nothing to do with the finances of the club, that's not part of my role or remit whatsoever, my role today was to outline what I feel is important in galvanising what we have ( passionate supporter base, excellent coaching staff, football department, CEO and competitive team ) rather than what we don't.

I haven't been as present in recent weeks due to family issues, taking a break and discharging commitments elsewhere but the emails, calls, meetings haven't stopped in order to help the Football Department when we can act. John and the coaches don't stop when it comes to watching and sourcing future players, and as I've said before, the work Tom Lawrence does daily will be worthy of acknowledgement some day, he really has our club's best interest at heart, alongside the day to day staff who are working incredibly hard to keep this club moving.

I've read the Trust updated statement and supporter group concerns and as someone who set out their when pitch with supporters in mind, it's been frustrating not to be able to meet regularly but you all know the current situation so a monthly meeting to be asked questions that I can't nor have the remit to answer would have been pointless.

But I'm offering to meet in the next couple of weeks to talk to supporters groups so that I can update everyone on what the Football Department is doing, despite the current situation, and some insight as to the Football Department's plan for the remainder of the season ( after consultation with John and coaches ) as we remain competitive in the league and trophy.

A large part of my role is to bring people together and that more than ever is needed at a crucial time of the season. Staff, players and coaches need to be appreciated for the work they are doing and so do you guys for the support you give us, so that's what I'm going to do, make sure however, whenever that everyone at our club knows they are valued, appreciated and can be supported as much as can be given. The first thing often to go when clubs go through off the field tough times.

Looking forward to the Trust and other groups reaching out to see when and where we can meet at their earliest convenience.

Stan
The football department is doing EXTREMELY well and no update is needed from that part of the club; the league position is evident of the work/progress/miracles being performed by all those playing and support staff & management.

We are all far more interested in if there is going to BE a club on the 2nd of March. I should not have to take a day off work to be a court reporter because the club is not behaving in a transparent manner with its thousands of loyal supporters. We want the same thing from Ron as we have always wanted: honesty.

Glad to see you had a fun and fulfilling time in Barbados.

As much as meetings regarding the playing side are all well and good it’s really not in my opinion everyone’s concern at the moment, I think on the playing side we are stronger than we have been for a long time. Our worry is off the field so Stan if you can be pushing for what’s happening there I think that would please many

Inside knowledge ? Does he ? Didn't he say he has no dealings with the finances etc, just the playing side ? It's not his remit.
Sorry didn't make myself clear I was referring to the playing side rather than the financial one which Stan could enlighten us.Regretably its its ultimately down to RM to be forth coming on that matter and we all continue to wait for answers

As much as meetings regarding the playing side are all well and good it’s really not in my opinion everyone’s concern at the moment, I think on the playing side we are stronger than we have been for a long time. Our worry is off the field so Stan if you can be pushing for what’s happening there I think that would please many
Stans remit as he has said is on the playing side and supporter links only. He will not get involved with RMs doings even if he knows them.

I agree with a lot on here that the team and management are doing very well as it is under the circumstances, but unless our future in decided one way or the other by the next court date a meeting in the meantime will not really mean a lot.

The key to decoding messages is to look at what isn’t said.

And one of the things that wasn’t said was that all is well.
Agreed. He Stan also said, "I feel is important in galvanising what we have ( passionate supporter base, excellent coaching staff, football department, CEO and competitive team )". No mention of a supportive chairman!

The key to decoding messages is to look at what isn’t said.

And one of the things that wasn’t said was that all is well.
There is lots Stan didn't say. He made no mention about the state of the pitch, the price of tea or onions in the burgers.

I think sometimes people read too much into a statement.

Stan came on to give an update to the fans on here on what the football department have been doing. Just because we haven't got anyone in this "window" (non-league don't really have a window as such) thats not to say they aren't looking at players to come in during the summer.

I personally wouldn't expect a club to make lots of incomings during the traditional january transfer period unless they have an injury crisis or they didn't get their ducks in a row at the beginning of the season with player acquisitions.

Hopefully the trust and the other supporters groups can meet with Stan and obtain what the football department have been doing as its nice to have information from the club once in a while. Do they put any updates in the programmes on what the various departments are up to?

Stans remit as he has said is on the playing side and supporter links only. He will not get involved with RMs doings even if he knows them.

I agree with a lot on here that the team and management are doing very well as it is under the circumstances, but unless our future in decided one way or the other by the next court date a meeting in the meantime will not really mean a lot.
I totally get Stans remit but I also get his ‘clout’ and status thus having him help probe would be a superb help I think

I totally get Stans remit but I also get his ‘clout’ and status thus having him help probe would be a superb help I think
I use my clout and status for the benefit of the club and supporters and only those.

You'll see in due course what that means.

Anyone inside or outside the club that underestimates my ability to affect positive outcomes for the club will just have to watch and see.

I use my clout and status for the benefit of the club and supporters and only those.

Anyone inside or outside the club that underestimates my ability to affect positive outcomes for the club will just have to watch and see.
Wow........read into that what you will ! ! !
Once a Shrimper always a Shrimper........

Has a date been set for this supporters meeting yet?
I would suggest 2nd March when we will know whether we have a club or not.
Either way Stan will be able to use his clout and status for the benefit of the club and supporters.
Any other suggestions on when and where this meeting should take place?
Obviously bearing in mind Stan's availability

Good to hear!

That is fantastic 🙌🏻 I be lying if I am worried about 1st of March, I just hoping positive news happening on and off the pitch (cup final in march Vs HMRC).

Hopefully that means potential new ownership. We can't continue like this with constant off field issues. It's not fair on the fans.

Ha ha, of course it’s not.

It’s deliberately vague - just as Ron has been deliberately vague today with his statement.

The differences are that you trust Stan but not Ron, and Stan wasn’t asked to make a statement but Ron was.

Ps I’m not knocking Stan!
Why are you bringing up Ron, I didn’t even mention him?

• Haha
Reactions: JD

Thanks Stan - that is really reassuring to hear. I for one trust you on this and look forward to the positive outcomes!

Back