• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Kacper Lopata

The biggest shame is that Kacper has a low rent idiot like this involved in his career. This agency has no decent players on its books - the agent is very inexperienced with no playing experience - no professional reputation.

A light weight mickey mouse agency ... poor old Kacper duped by a rented Bentley and a flashy watch

I'm largely with you but I think it's naive to believe that they'll always be completely infallible. Even Kev said in his interview last night "there's only so many blows anyone can take before they go down". I wouldn't expect the players to say anything other than what they've been saying in interviews but nobody could blame them if it all started to take a toll - they're human and have been treated like dirt. I certainly think training is a release for them. There's no pressure there and they're all mates. Matches are a different kettle of fish though with a crowd watching, especially if that crowd is tense due to recent events and the tension transfers onto the pitch - something else Kev alluded to last night and which could have affected that first half performance.
I think everyone was focussed on getting past 1st March and hoping the tax bill would get paid. Whilst I doubt anyone thought that would be the end of our problems, I know I hoped we could just concentrate on supporting the team until the end of the season. It hasn't worked out that way, seems that there still isn't enough money in the pot for some monies to be paid, the Lopata situation, and the ongoing embargo - I think that is what is reflected in Kev's interview.

I wasn't speaking exclusively about the Barnet game but about the feeling amongst the players and staff in general. This management team chased Lopata until the very end, waiting as long as possible to finally secure him. A player they thought that highly off then just leaves has to have some affect on the environment around them. It's hardly going to galvanise the club.

I agree about us deserving to lose against Barnet and Lopata's departure not being the fundamental component of the loss. They were much the better team based on chances and Blondy keeping us in the game. So no complaints from me regarding that game in particular. Similarly last night. They were more clinical and had the quality to convert chances. No complaints there either.

I do however disagree regarding your comment about the off the field matters going out of their heads after they cross the white line. One can hope that happens but but I think that's a bit of a fallacy about footballers in all honesty. They are human beings at the end of the day and why would a 90 minute game of football stop you worrying or thinking about outside distractions? Yes they are 'professionals' but they are non-league players, not supermen. There are some things you simply can't block out, irrespective of your profession.
Barnet lost to Dorking yesterday, the same Barnet side that lost 3-1 at home to Oldham, proven my point.

I'm largely with you but I think it's naive to believe that they'll always be completely infallible. Even Kev said in his interview last night "there's only so many blows anyone can take before they go down". I wouldn't expect the players to say anything other than what they've been saying in interviews but nobody could blame them if it all started to take a toll - they're human and have been treated like dirt. I certainly think training is a release for them. There's no pressure there and they're all mates. Matches are a different kettle of fish though with a crowd watching, especially if that crowd is tense due to recent events and the tension transfers onto the pitch - something else Kev alluded to last night and which could have affected that first half performance.

Of course they won’t be completely infallible all the time, but to play at this level, and make a career in the game, you have to have a degree of mental resilience.

Even if you went through your whole career never being released, never suffering injuries, always being paid on time etc you will still get the stick from fans, be them your own or the opposition. So they have to be able to take it.

These players have taken a careers worth of knocks with the off the field issues they’ve faced this season, but Lopata picking up his stuff for 5 minutes an hour or so before kick off against Barnet isn’t the reason we lost that game, which is the point @Murkey_Mouse was making.

Barnet lost to Dorking yesterday, the same Barnet side that lost 3-1 at home to Oldham, proven my point.
We all know that football doesn't work that way unfortunately. Notts County lost to Dorking 3-1 and we lost to Notts County 4-0. What does that mean? Nothing. Football is a freak sport and doesn't always go to form. Barnet were above us in the table and still are. That's because they deserve to be over the course of the season so far, not because they lost to Oldham and Dorking.

Hi guys
What’s Lopata like as a player ? Are you disappointed in him leaving football wise ?
Hearing he’s signed for us Chesterfield.. might be wrong but coming from a reliable source here

Hi guys
What’s Lopata like as a player ? Are you disappointed in him leaving football wise ?
Hearing he’s signed for us Chesterfield.. might be wrong but coming from a reliable source here
He will be a very good signing for you. Prob league 2 level at present with a potential to be league 1 or championship. Strong player.

Plus you will probably make a lot of money when a bigger club comes in.

Hi guys

A strong leader most of the time on the pitch, would've probably been our captain if he didn't sign last minute and we hadn't announced our captain for the season.

He's decent for this level, got potential to end up L1 / Championship. He has to find a club and stay at that club for a few seasons before breaking into that level though...

A decent player to sign on a free (with an agent fee).

You just have to hope you don't have a keeper injury crisis and end up with Blondy Nna Noukeu from Stoke.

Reactions: GBJ
Correct spelling of first name is Kacper. He has it in him to be a Championship player at least, but whatever Club he eventually signs for, he will have to stay the course. Otherwise, he may get a reputation that will put future employers off.
He actually refers to himself as Kasp also ... so it can be either

Back