• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours SUFC up for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
So he’s selling we buy more season tickets alas no buyer that appreciates the clubs potential can be found … and so it goes on … completely underwhelming
No with the parties appointed to conduct the sell, they will want a % cut!

The only acceptable outcome is a new owner/s buying the club now for an agreed price and then seperately purchasing the stadium and training facilities when they are finished at an agreed price in advance. The amount of money Ron gets will be determined by who wants it the most. There will be significant interest in this scenario but it will probably be below what Ron wants.
If he is trying to sell the club only then this will be a disaster and most likely end in tears.
Anyone in their right mind buying SUFC would be seeking future assets for the club.

These must be included as part of the deal somehow IMO to protect against future instability.

I get how much everyone hates Ron and rightly so. Everyone wants him to go. For him to come out and say what he has today is a massive step forward in my opinion and getting the GSE company and Moxey involved in my opinion shows he is serious about this. I dont see a negative with today - if anything it is great to hear for fans as now we know he could be gone by this summer!
Agreed. I would have liked him to announce he'd already sold the club, but in hindsight that was probably a bit unrealistic.

The fact that, for the first time, he's admitted he can't do it himself and wants out is a big step forward as he's never done that before.

Not sure how anyone can take that nonsense of a press conference seriously.
Who is going to be interested in a Company that has not delivered final accounts since 2018?
Who is going to be interested in a Company that has a ram shackle stadium with a lease of £400.000?
Promise of a new Stadium they can lease at what cost? Still not even got planning permission!
Promise of a training facility they can lease at what cost?
Who is going to buy a company that no one knows how many millions they owe to creditors?

It's great that he has publicly agreed to sell and he has hired people to find a buyer that have real credentials.

What we don't know is how the sale will be structured. If its a case of buying the club but Ron gets his property and the new owner(s) get the stadium when (if) its built. Then that makes us a very decent proposition.

If he is expecting someone to pay 10 million plus and rent a stadium, then he will find it very hard to find a buyer other than a billionaire. 10 million would be pocket change to them.

The devil is in the detail, which we have very little at this point in time.

With a that in mind. I say we still refrain from buying season cards and also keep protesting.
There should be an information memorandum that prospective buyers can get hold off, subject to signing an NDA

BBC Sport Essex

@BBCEssexSport
·
29m

Ron Martin: "In an ideal world we would like any new owner to eventually take the club and the stadium as one entity but that will not pay back everything I have put in over the years. It would be impossible to recoup.

This reads to me that he is not expecting all his money back and hopefully will sell the stadium.

There’s never been a better time to sell a National League club, thanks to Wrexham.

If he’s willing to write off the debt there will be plenty of buyers. Now, whether they are chancers or philanthropists is another matter.
Really true. It's almost a fashion accessory for a wealthy American with any British conections.
But as you rightly point out there are many investors that are simply fronts for huge money laundering operations who are more than happy to buy out debts of millions and pay £1 and continue making an operating loss while plowing millions of dirty money in and extracting far less but cleaner money. They have no interest in the club's wellbeing or fans.

Extraordinary really. For months, and years, it been this and that demanding Ron out. He announces he's selling the club...the club we have been endless assured theres a long queue of people and consortia waiting to buy....and aiming to do so by the beginning of next season....and were not a happy? Who would want to by the club? Its a con?....

Srimpermoan firing on all cylanders

New banners for tomorrow

#StopTheSale

There’s never been a better time to sell a National League club, thanks to Wrexham.

If he’s willing to write off the debt there will be plenty of buyers. Now, whether they are chancers or philanthropists is another matter.

But we all know with him there's no chance he will write off the debt. Someone who really does love the club would.

Agreed. I would have liked him to announce he'd already sold the club, but in hindsight that was probably a bit unrealistic.

The fact that, for the first time, he's admitted he can't do it himself and wants out is a big step forward as he's never done that before.
It's the find the queen from the three card trick, Anyone buying Southend United FC, what exactly are they buying?
Nothing there are no assets. Mr Martin's company(ies) hold all the assets

BBC essex said ideally the stadium (fossets not RH) will be sold to new owners, but that's not essential if owners prefer to rent.

Hes also looking to sell outright, but there is a possibility of a partnership instead, albeit Ron new partner would look after the football side of things.

They appear to have ZERO experience of SOCCUR ! Please correct me if I am wrong
they have serious money serious contacts serious athletes ...serious connections to people who know how to build serious sports brands ....

check out the players they rep ... ffs sake ..

But we all know with him there's no chance he will write off the debt.
Hes written off debt in the past. He has hinted he'll do it again by acknowledging he is unlikely to get the £20 odd million he claims to have put in the club

BBC Sport Essex
@BBCEssexSport
·
29m

Ron Martin: "In an ideal world we would like any new owner to eventually take the club and the stadium as one entity but that will not pay back everything I have put in over the years. It would be impossible to recoup.

This reads to me that he is not expecting all his money back and hopefully will sell the stadium.
This reads to me like he will sell the club and keep the stadium so he can continue to recoup the money he has allegedly put in over the years....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back