• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Emile Acquah

Last season he didn’t look great when he played against us. He must have really knuckled down and something has clicked.

Good luck to the lad, I wish him all the best. It just didn’t work out here for him and unfortunately he became the boo thems target.
It’s always the striker’s fault, or the keeper’s fault it seems.

I think you'll find the football club was miles off, not Emile.
I think people forget because of his size that he was only 20 in his main season with us, he should have been developing in the youth team but was thrown in at the deep end because of our recruitment issues.

100% on the club being a mess. The guy was definitely thrown into the deep end and that wasn’t his fault. People like Kyle Taylor and Olayinka admittedly with different pedigree proved they were good enough to play at that level or above that season despite the results. Acquah was well short, it was unfair on him. Pleased to see he’s doing well.

Always stuck up for him when he became an easy scapegoat on here for many. We were an absolute mess on and off the field at the time he was thrown in. Was disappointed we didn’t give him another year as I always thought he could come good once he learnt how to use his frame and physicality. Glad he’s doing well.

Acquah was not good for us. Sometimes, it doesn't work and you have to move.

Back