• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Altrincham 1-0 Southend United

Same old story... some decent possession based football played between both boxes, but zero cutting edge. Awful miss by Powell at the end summed up the day.
It was a game we had to win so I've idea why Mooney didn't come on earlier.
Our midfield 3 still not convincing....Gus clearly knackered (why was JD not drafted in?).

Murphy, Fonguck, Powell and Ralph all need to be shown the door in the summer.
Taylor not good enough in central midfield, but maybe a useful squad player who can fill several positions.

The management are working with collective hand tied behind backs.
The team's confidence is shot to bits, and frankly, some of them were never very good in the first place.
When you get a head of steam at this level, it can work wonders.
When that evaporates; you're in trouble.

His tactics are nonsense....negative when you have nothing to lose, we will end up where we deserve, bottom 8. Very average players that are asked to not let any in at the expense of not scoring any either. Got his world beaters back up front and then plays a midfield that wouldn't be capable of supplying Harry Kane!

Can't have two ball wasters playing at the same time. both Powell and Mooney constantly have no end product.
A starting line up with only 1 change after the last 5 losses was incomprehendible.
Got what we deserved for not making changes and waiting too long for subs when there was nothing to lose in trying to win.
Would prefer wreh on with cardwell and powell. If staying with wing backs.
was hoping we'd go 442 - gus a break. Be different from our boring bridge build up restrictions. Cardwell and wreh spearheading.
On the plus side. Ron can change his new stadium design to save even more money. We only need half a pitch cos we never use the right side anymore.

You can cut and paste from the previous 6 post-match threads. We didn’t take our chances and it’s cost us.

We did create chances, although granted I’d like to see more. Trouble is, we could create 100 chances and if you don’t take them, it’s a fairly moot point.

Altrincham didn’t lay a glove on us until Ralph’s rash challenge.

This season is done, but the annoying thing is we can’t even start planning for next, as we have no idea where we stand.

Arnold had to do some defensive work at times but ultimately came unstuck by the penalty. Arnold doesn't offer much else. I really don't want Steve to be our number 1 for next season with his injury record in mind. Would love to see Collin given more of a chance.

Kensdale had a much better game today.
Gus again much better.
Hobson was marauding forward at times and did well.
Ralph overlapped the left too much and was ultimately the least impressive of our defensive line.

Bridge again so frustrating. But you know a good player is there and you're just desperate to see it again. It's not as simple as 'other teams have found him out'.
Wes was visible at times and did a fair at the front end of the midfield.
Miley still having to mop things up left, right and centre and stretched just as ever.
Taylor, meh overall.

Cardwell tried his hardest but was struggling to get into good positions.
Murphy tried but struggled to get balls played into him as he likes. Fair play in that aspect as he is our best finisher.

Managing partnership again looking short of options and tactics. Naïve to place all the blame on the chairman. We've seen issues with Maher and Co previously when under less pressure. They're evidently being brought to more of a head with the current circumstances.

We move on. We learn. Am much more looking forward to seeing how we play on Tuesday compared to how I felt today. Roll on Tuesday and let's take home three points.

No creativity and the scraps of scoring chances we do get don't get converted. Added to that, there is always at least one mistake defensively that gets punished.

His tactics are nonsense....negative when you have nothing to lose, we will end up where we deserve, bottom 8. Very average players that are asked to not let any in at the expense of not scoring any either. Got his world beaters back up front and then plays a midfield that wouldn't be capable of supplying Harry Kane!

What would you have done different?

Our whole front line is nowhere near good enough and this pass it to bridge to do 100 step overs is so predictable and pointless.

There are probably only about 5 or 6 players that are good enough to play for a top 7 side.

Massive clear out needed and wholesale changes required. New owner can't come soon enough. If not before the start of next season and if the embargo remains in place, then we will be crippled.

Most managers would likely be looking over their shoulder after 6 defeats but I guess Kev and Co are the safest in the league. Ron couldn't even afford to sack anyone, even if he could. Not that I am advocating that given the circumstances but these are pretty much the same players that kept pace and have just imploded. Something isn't right.

As for today. Same old. Same old. Boring, predictable football. What little chances we had were just shanked and wasted. The inevitable error at the back which sees us again travel home empty handed.

This is nowhere near good enough and it's laughable that Ronald wants people to part with cash at an increased price to watch this crap, whilst we have an embargo in place.

I'll not buy a season card until new owners come in and the club is run properly.

.....switched over to Col U when our pictures went off.....what a difference in class of football, they are blessed to play in League 2 with there own stadium...we have ended up with sod all and a manager that is more negative than Tango man!

Hopefully this new owner will come with a new manager and a new squad.

Seasons over.

We stayed up.

Next season will be crucial, and Ron will need to invest while the club is up for sale.

If he wants to get the money he wants, we need to be a competitive team.

Sale of the club will most likely take the best part of a couple of seasons and I know those of you are remaining hopeful for a fast sale ... but lets be real ... if we can start the 25/26 season in the National League with a competitive budget and team ready for a title challenge, that will be a success.

.....switched over to Col U when our pictures went off.....what a difference in class of football, they are blessed to play in League 2 with there own stadium...we have ended up with sod all and a manager that is more negative than Tango man!

For the third week running I’ll ask you the question that you’ve failed to answer, why weren’t you saying this when we were winning games and sitting pretty in the playoff hunt?

Don’t be coy, I’d love to finally hear your side of events, because sadly I’m stuck with the opinion that you’re secretly thrilled we’ve lost again, purely so you can slag off a coaching team that have kept this ****-poor club afloat this season.

Surely there is a CM somewhere who can actually shoot- shame about the embargo as there’s a guy people rave about called Wood at Tonbridge who’s scored 5 in 6 games and I think would come- oh hold on….

Seriously we need to be giving Wood and Benton a look now- forget cant score, our CM can’t shoot..

We need to look at our whole attacking options for next year. Defensively not much improvement required, offensively tinkering won’t be enough..

...well for a start only you and Maher would have started Taylor over Mooney....and of course i would have gone hell for leather to score a goal as he told us it was still possible to make the play offs lol

You think the reason we lost today is because Mooney didn’t start?

Strangely, and in complete contradiction to your point, we absolutely bossed the game with Taylor in the centre.

I’ll agree that I’m not particularly fond of him, but I’m also no real great fan of Mooney who has offered even less since returning from injury.

We all keep hoping for that spark which kicks off a solid win, sadly, it's not happening. Apart from our finishing I though the team played well and they consistently stopped Alti from playing their normal game and some very decent crosses whizzed across the Alti box, but that lack of a killer finish has done us all season, and again today.

It's easy to lay it at Maher's door, but he has worked wonders with our squad and taken them to a level that they didn't seem capable of at the start of the season. But there is only so much that close team spirit can achieve, and we have reached our limit on that front. Yeah, we could yet make the Play-offs, but realistically we have two hopes, Bob and No.

Regroup, give others a chance to get some first team minutes and wait for the embargo to be lifted, if it does this season. I have no doubt that the Amigos knew exactly what they needed from new players to push us on, but if you're not allowed in the sweetie shop, then you're not going to improve. I don't buy the 'Maher out' bollocks and I hope we start next season with Kev and Co calling the shots.

Back