• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Season Tickets - can fans buying new (not renewing) buy yet?

Oh ok, thanks.

I don't know how cutting edge this new system is, but when the guy in the ticket office wrote my particulars down on a piece of ripped paper in Biro, I wasn't filled with 100% confidence.
Pretty sure this is how they do it at Arsenal, Man City and Liverpool as well 😂😂😂

This club is so tinpot now, surprised we had ink in the pen

Oh ok, thanks.

I don't know how cutting edge this new system is, but when the guy in the ticket office wrote my particulars down on a piece of ripped paper in Biro, I wasn't filled with 100% confidence.
New system has arrived ... further to training being implemented should be a few weeks before its up and running, pending the owed electricity bill being paid ....

4Z4SDaqr7TbAjuc2mM4BHk.jpg

Apparently the email confirmation is coming out after they move everything over to the new system. At the moment they are checking who hasn’t renewed block by block and opening them up for sale, or something like that!
In what other purchase do you not get a receipt?

It's a complete joke..if the club folds there is currently nothing to verify your purchase.

So if we get new owners we all turn up at the ticket office with our credit cars statements.

The purchase transaction does not even show up in your purchase history on the Southend website.
Apologies I thought you meant if we go bust and want to claim it back! Well if you need evidence then yes, at least you have your statement. Don't worry, I doubt they'll be new owners by August.

Has anyone who didn't have a season ticket last season been able to buy one for this season yet?

Reason I ask is I've renewed but want to do a seat swap - Ticket office says can't do this until June - however this happened last season and new season tickets were sold before the seat swap. The idea of seat swap is to be able to pick up un-renewed season ticket in prime locations before general sale

I've emailed club but so far no response!

Thanks!
I really wouldn’t worry too much. If we don’t have new owners before next season then you’ll have the pick of most seats in the stadium I would imagine.

I got a confirmation Email quickly after renewing my season ticket last month and a written receipt.Whether this will mean much I suppose we will find out soon

I got an email today stating that they can see that my dad and I have renewed (quoting the ID number and seat numbers on the email too) and that 'official' confirmation will be sent after the new system is updated.

A new system suggests a future at the club at least.

Will any of you get a refund if the club folds ?
If the club goes bust then anyone buying a season ticket in theory is a creditor i think and would get next to nothing back.If season ticket was got on a credit card then I think you may well be protected but I'm not sure to be honest

If the club goes bust then anyone buying a season ticket in theory is a creditor i think and would get next to nothing back.If season ticket was got on a credit card then I think you may well be protected but I'm not sure to be honest
Section 75 protection would apply where the card issuer is jointly liable to refund if services paid for are not provided on any transaction over £100, this also applies if the transaction is for more than £100 but any part was paid via that providers card.

That is why the Supporters Groups urged anyone buying a ST to pay with a credit card...

From the Financial Ombudsman site:-

'If you used a credit card or point of sale loan to buy goods or services, then the transaction could be covered by Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act. This allows you to raise a claim against your credit provider if: you paid some (or all) of the cost by credit card or with a point of sale loan.'

I still can't believe everyone went running down there following Ron's statement. Not as if no one could see this coming. Our excellent blinded support yet again taken advantage of.

Season ticket sales down by around 1,000 people. Hardly supporters sprinting down to the ticket office

Reactions: JAL
Season ticket sales down by around 1,000 people. Hardly supporters sprinting down to the ticket office
Judging by the queues at the ticket office following Ron's statement I'll argue against that. I'm just surprised that statement made such a difference. That and the early bird window being extended conveniently a day or so after the statement was released. I'm amazed it's only 1k down personally when there's no guarantee we'll even have a club by then. It'll be such a shame if hard working fans money is just robbed. God knows where that monies even gone.

Judging by the queues at the ticket office following Ron's statement I'll argue against that. I'm just surprised that statement made such a difference. That and the early bird window being extended conveniently a day or so after the statement was released. I'm amazed it's only 1k down personally when there's no guarantee we'll even have a club by then. It'll be such a shame if hard working fans money is just robbed. God knows where that monies even gone.
Like every bit of money that comes into the club. Gone into helping the club limp to the next day - clearly we're in significant arrears to countless business-critical suppliers, staff, HMRC, you name it.

Around 1 in 3 hadn't bothered to renew at end of April, I'd call that a significant reduction and vote of no confidence

Hopefully those that have renewed have used a credit card to protect themselves in case the worst happens. From posters on here it seems many have.

Not just those that paid via credit card. Debit cards have protection (although not as robust as Section 75 on the Credit Cards) When paying by debit card and your in non-receipt of goods or services you can claim a "Chargeback"

Chargeback isn’t legal protection like section 75. It’s an agreement Visa, Mastercard and American Express have signed up to.

The scheme enables you to claim a refund from your card provider if a purchase doesn’t arrive or is faulty. If you make a chargeback claim, your card company tries to claim your money back from the company you’ve paid, by reversing the transaction.

There’s usually no minimum spend in order to be covered by chargeback, but time limits apply for making a claim – 120 days from making the purchase, depending on the type of card. If the purchase is for something in the future, for example, tickets to an event, then the 120-day limit starts from the day the event would have happened, so this would be the first home game of the season.

Chargeback claims can take some time to process because the card company has to get the money refunded before it can pass it onto you.

Back