• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Would you support a rebrand under new owners?

dbailey3

Bootman
Let's for a second assume/pretend that new ownership is imminent and RM is out of sight and mind. Mainly talking here about a badge change more than anything else. We've had different badges in the past and wondered what the general feeling is towards a change of badge as Mr Martins tenure comes to an end and a new one begins? Just curious and not saying I support a rebrand but gets us talking about something else at least...

Only if it meant a lean back towards being "The Shrimpers". Sammy and the inclusion of a shrimp in the badge aside our original nickname seems to have been lost a little. BBC Essex can't even utter it instead opting to say Southend United every ten seconds in their commentary.
The club crest is a tricky one. I believe it mustn't ever be simplified as that leads to those soulless GCSE art and design looking monstrosities (Fulham).

I'm perfectly happy with the current badge, It includes the Essex three notched Saxon seaxes, it has a shrimp for our traditional nickname, a reference to water and a football (which we play). As for our colours, navy will do me fine as I reckon we look far smarter in that colour than royal blue, and the current Southend City logo has homage to the colour navy. I reckon it's a myth about the colour affecting our performance.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

So in other words everyone would support a rebrand as long as it was not an actual rebrand but a return to previous brand?!

I’d be happy with a complete change under a new owner. Let’s look forwards and not backwards.

I can get behind a rebrand. A faithful one though. And with fan involvement. Would tie in nicely with proposed fan veto over unfaithful changes like that as part of the new regulator.

I'm happy with navy, personally, but don't mind some experimentation with different colour trim - yellow or red, for example. I don't particularly want to go back to royal blue permanently though.

The badge can be updated/altered without the 4 elements of it changing though.

If it meant Ron is out of the club then I would support a badge change, a pink/green/brown combo kit and a name change to Southend Gherkins.

So in other words everyone would support a rebrand as long as it was not an actual rebrand but a return to previous brand?!

I’d be happy with a complete change under a new owner. Let’s look forwards and not backwards.
Nothing wrong with looking backwards. Some of our most thrilling moments have happened in the past. In fact they all have, so far. Remember your heritage when striving for the future.

navy blue and white our traditional colours, Whatever but if that became a proposal ,i would hope the new owners will confide with the supporters.

Back