• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Do Our Management Team, Know Something We Don't?

CaptainSmudger

The Official Southend United Pilot⭐
I can't understand why Kevin Mayer and Co are still seemingly our Current Management Team.
Work should be ongoing now regarding Playing Staff for the New Season.
We Know we cannot sign anybody or offer any contracts to current out of contract Players.
Why would Kev and Co still stick with us?
They have families and Bills to Pay etc etc
Hopefully they do know something we don't.
With the Season we have just finished, considering the many restrictions put in front of them.
What Fantastic work they have put in.
They must be the best Management Team in our Division.
What are your thoughts on this matter?

I think they have done an excellent job this season, certainly good enough to have come to the attention of other clubs.

Given where we finished I suspect they are confident enough to see what develops in the next few weeks, if things don’t work out for them they could certainly expect to be the next coaching team on the rank in the NL or possibly by a forward thinking owner in the lower reaches of the FL. For the record I think they would do a damn good job for any solid responsible club who would back them to the best of their ability.

I can't understand why Kevin Mayer and Co are still seemingly our Current Management Team.
Work should be ongoing now regarding Playing Staff for the New Season.
We Know we cannot sign anybody or offer any contracts to current out of contract Players.
Why would Kev and Co still stick with us?
They have families and Bills to Pay etc etc
Hopefully they do know something we don't.
With the Season we have just finished, considering the many restrictions put in front of them.
What Fantastic work they have put in.
They must be the best Management Team in our Division.
What are your thoughts on this matter?
I can't believe they are still here either as ron gave them a job and loosing 7 games on the trot doesn't exactly put yourself in the shop window.We should have made playoffs and are the biggest club in the league! they failed in there task of promotion! Its dog eat dog and football is harsh.

I can't believe they are still here either as ron gave them a job and loosing 7 games on the trot doesn't exactly put yourself in the shop window.We should have made playoffs and are the biggest club in the league! they failed in there task of promotion! Its dog eat dog and football is harsh.
Shaking head.gif

the last thing the club wants is to loose our management setup so i guess if things are moving forward the 3 amigos would be kept up to date .

Who would you rather have in charge Steve?

Given that Kev was not aware of the latest court date ahead of the rest of us I am not sure they are necessarily being kept in the loop. Stan may have been able to give them some reassurance but I think they are probably waiting and hoping like us all.

I imagine kev in particular is incredibly excited about potentially managing a club he cares for without ron martin in charge.

Him and the other two have done most of the hard work already in terms of changing the ethos of what was a perpetually losing team.

The shackles will be off with a new owner and optimism will abound.

Last edited:
Given the disgraceful lack of communication with fans this off-season I wouldn't be surprised if they haven't been told themselves who is staying let alone a type of budget

I suspect they know as much as some ITK posters on here. If the things we hear about positive moves towards a sale and keeping the academy (players are contracted at all age groups until 30 June I believe) then I’m sure they are keeping our players, agents and targets aware of this so they are ready to go on the b of the bang. It can of course all be screwed up still by mr ron

It makes sense for them to sit tight for 5-6 weeks and see how the takeover shapes up. What the new owners have planned. It would be a terrible error if the opportunity to be successful is just around the corner. As mentioned above hanging around won’t drop their profile.

We could beat Real Madrid 5-0 in a champions league final and Steve would find fault somewhere.

I read this without knowing who posted it but knew who it was after the second line.

Maybe they look at one of great managerial team in Tilly/ Brush
Much better record and went to pastures new and look what happened to them sadly
If they are being paid why leave , if the club go under they will still have high stock value

Or maybe they'll look at them, think about the time they had the opportunity to manage Norwich and realise that, should a decent offer come along, they need to take it.

I give up 😂😂😂

Weapons-grade trolling, fair play.

I'd say this is a time they shouldn't consider leaving. Ron is going to be leaving sooner rather than later. I'd of thought they'd be more chance of them leaving if they knew that Ron was gonna be in charge with no sign of leaving.

Last edited:
Oh mate are you still going on?
Go peddle your cobblers elsewhere, it really is getting boring.

Back