• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Due Diligence !

stewart

Striker
When talking about due diligence, i would hope prospective buyers to the club also take into account many other factors that can convince them that SUFC is not a basket case of a club, i would like to believe they would look back at our history in many cases it would show them that we are a sleeping giant ,with the right owners we can be everything we the supporters dream we can be. WE have shown it to the world ,go back to 1953 i think it was versus Man city 28000 spectators some say it was over 30000 crammed into RH on a rainy day ,versus Liverpool on a snow filled RH ,versus Chelsea ,versus Man Utd, also going back to the 1950 s versus Birmingham we played in Gold shirts lost 6-0 . Now fast forward to two finals we played at Millenium stadium. How many fans trekked all the way to Wales to watch those 2 defeats, Wembley i do believe over 30000 fans were at those matches Give us an owner /owners that care for the club and give us a team to be proud of we can /will move up the pyramid and supporters will come in their abundance. One last comment its about ARRY you know the spammer and what he wrote in his book saying SUFC wasnt a football club etc , i believe was said out of fear of what we could be and how it maybe could affect his beloved Wet Spam. Anyway i will leave it there for you to comment on , I probably missed so many other games also like the ones against Liverpool back in the 50s also .and Spurs .not too long ago.

We have a hardcore of around 5000 devoted fans and probably another 3 to 4,000 very interested supporters who attend a few matches. The potential is there for 15 to 20,000 regular attendance if we are in the Championship or Premier****. That would put us above Brentford and Bournemouth.

Of course we just have to rise 4 or 5 divisions...... simples.

Imagine the season ticket sales once the takeover is done hope we can get a few more through the door

I can't see why anyone would want to buy our club given the financial mess we are in.
I would appreciate if someone in the know can advise what Ron is offering to sell? From an outsider it would just appear to be the club with no assets and a significant amount of debt.

I can't see why anyone would want to buy our club given the financial mess we are in.
I would appreciate if someone in the know can advise what Ron is offering to sell? From an outsider it would just appear to be the club with no assets and a significant amount of debt.

You are right to point out that the football club has no assets to speak of. So it must be Ron’s related empire as well. Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels.

Really surprised Vinny Jones isn’t involved.

When talking about due diligence, i would hope prospective buyers to the club also take into account many other factors that can convince them that SUFC is not a basket case of a club, i would like to believe they would look back at our history in many cases it would show them that we are a sleeping giant ,with the right owners we can be everything we the supporters dream we can be. WE have shown it to the world ,go back to 1953 i think it was versus Man city 28000 spectators some say it was over 30000 crammed into RH on a rainy day ,versus Liverpool on a snow filled RH ,versus Chelsea ,versus Man Utd, also going back to the 1950 s versus Birmingham we played in Gold shirts lost 6-0 . Now fast forward to two finals we played at Millenium stadium. How many fans trekked all the way to Wales to watch those 2 defeats, Wembley i do believe over 30000 fans were at those matches Give us an owner /owners that care for the club and give us a team to be proud of we can /will move up the pyramid and supporters will come in their abundance. One last comment its about ARRY you know the spammer and what he wrote in his book saying SUFC wasnt a football club etc , i believe was said out of fear of what we could be and how it maybe could affect his beloved Wet Spam. Anyway i will leave it there for you to comment on , I probably missed so many other games also like the ones against Liverpool back in the 50s also .and Spurs .not too long ago.
Definitely Sleeping Giants IMO . I have been trying to win the Lottery for Years with a Dream of Buying out Ron and Realising Our Potential. Never Happened of Course!
Take our last two visits to Wembley. 32000 against Crewe and 25000 against Wycombe.
Must be a good Investment for someone ( Who has a few Quid)
Recent News of Advanced talks of a Takeover will make me sleep a little easier.
Let’s Do a Luton ! I Feel it’s getting closer.
If my numbers come in, there will be a counter bid.
COYB, UTB O1TIE ( Only 1 Team in Essex)

Last edited:

From a buyers perspective, buying something that is at it's lowest point and value increases the likelyhood of making a higher margin of return.

As long as there is still an upward path to follow we are in the prime position for that to happen. Getting this deal over the line before the club goes bust is a must, hence I beleive whoever ends up buying the club, it will happen sooner rather than later.

I have said this before. I work for a multi billion dollar company. We buy multiple companies each year. In all cases our management believes that they can run the company far better and can grow it far better than the current management.
If it “worked perfectly” we wouldn’t be interested as the scope for profit would be significantly diminished.

Being ****e can actually be attractive- dependant on price.

Some people prefer to buy a new house as everything works perfectly, but it comes at a premium and has less upside. Others like to buy something that needs significant work and has significantly more potential.
Horses for courses.

From a buyers perspective, buying something that is at it's lowest point and value increases the likelyhood of making a higher margin of return.

As long as there is still an upward path to follow we are in the prime position for that to happen. Getting this deal over the line before the club goes bust is a must, hence I beleive whoever ends up buying the club, it will happen sooner rather than later.
Thanks but as you will probably appreciate the chance of any return, especially short term is remote.

I read a recent article comparing Championship and league 1 clubs profit and loss pre COVID. Out of the 48 clubs only 12 made a profit and for most this was negligible.

I would love to be proved wrong but believe the debt or lack of assets would put most people off.

Let’s remember Brighton we’re close to oblivion and have now qualified for Europe. It can be done.
Any failing club can survive, get promotions and go onto to play in Europe, if an owner pumps over £400Million into them. He's also given them huge loans, which may or may not have to be paid back. We can only pray we end up with owners like this, with money to burn.

If I can take Billericay from NLS to League 2 in 2 seasons and Luton from League 2 to the prem in 4 seasons I'm sure Southend can return to the championship one day.

If only things were as simple as FM

Thanks but as you will probably appreciate the chance of any return, especially short term is remote.

I read a recent article comparing Championship and league 1 clubs profit and loss pre COVID. Out of the 48 clubs only 12 made a profit and for most this was negligible.

I would love to be proved wrong but believe the debt or lack of assets would put most people off.

Under normal football circumstances I would agree, it's very unattractive to take on a club saddled with debt and little or no assets, however our situation is quite unique with the new stadium, residential elements, training ground and the RH site all involved with any potential takeover.

There is scope to make some serious money on these if the negotiations can be agreed with RM, I'm not aware of anything like this recently to compare it to?

Back