• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours SUFC up for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
I note that it doesn't say NDAs AND Head of Terms have been issued to three interested parties...it says NDAs with three interested parties and Head of terms have been issued.

Semantics but to me its says 3 interested parties have NDAs but they don't all have Heads of Terms. Maybe only one has Heads of Terms. So can be consistent with where we thought we were.
And that would support the Ron playing billy big bollocks theory.

I've deleted one of my posts.

Was too harsh.

I stand by my opinion that it's underwhelming when described as a big story but I shouldn't have been that mean about it.

I've dropped him an email to apologise.

Last edited:
Even if The Rock's production company did end up making a documentary that doesn't mean The Rock himself would be putting any money into the club (past whatever was negotiated in terms of filming rights). The Sunderland documentary didn't mean Sunderland got access to Netflix's bank account. If it happened I'd be surprised if he even appeared in the show.

Forget everything you’ve read or heard.

I’ve just got back from the boozer and I can tell you all that our milkman’s brother in law, has confirmed that his uncles hairdresser has let it slip that a consortium of Bob Dylan, Van Morrison, Tom Jones and Mick Jagger have been in talks to buy the club and that a £35 million deal has now been signed effective from today.
happy days…..all our woes are behind us.

What exactly does "heads of terms" mean.

As for the club. It's never boring at southend. There is always drama

What exactly does "heads of terms" mean.

As for the club. It's never boring at southend. There is always drama

A Heads of Terms document is considered an agreement in principle on the terms of a transaction. This could include agreements on price and what is for sale.

It's not legally enforceable (so not a contract) but you wouldn't draw one up if you weren't serious.

To get to such a stage you would have to be some way down the line in negotiations.

Judging by the party making the most noise, we could make an educated guess that those who have sorted the Heads of Terms are the Kimura Capital consortium.

Even if The Rock's production company did end up making a documentary that doesn't mean The Rock himself would be putting any money into the club (past whatever was negotiated in terms of filming rights). The Sunderland documentary didn't mean Sunderland got access to Netflix's bank account. If it happened I'd be surprised if he even appeared in the show.
Glad someone else actually read the article. Extremely likely The Rock/Dwayne Johnson has no knowledge of us or the discussion whatsoever. He'll have numerous employees at the production agency who are interested in the idea of putting together a docu should the proposed bidder complete a takeover. It's not him investing money into Southend or likely to ever come to Southend. His employees may well do. He may promote it on his socials for the benefit of his own company.

That being said it's fantastic for awareness and will help our commercial team out no end as sponsors will be chucking cash at us for the want of being involved in a production and the general media presence that will come with having (loose) links with a big name

Ultimately we stand to be beneficiaries of the Wrexham effect

I note that it doesn't say NDAs AND Head of Terms have been issued to three interested parties...it says NDAs with three interested parties and Head of terms have been issued.

Semantics but to me its says 3 interested parties have NDAs but they don't all have Heads of Terms. Maybe only one has Heads of Terms. So can be consistent with where we thought we were.
If we're talking about semantics, it doesn't say that "they don't all have Heads of Terms". The sentence is ambiguous.

Another thought for those interested in semantics. Because an offer hasn't been accepted doesn't mean that it has been rejected.

Glad someone else actually read the article. Extremely likely The Rock/Dwayne Johnson has no knowledge of us or the discussion whatsoever. He'll have numerous employees at the production agency who are interested in the idea of putting together a docu should the proposed bidder complete a takeover. It's not him investing money into Southend or likely to ever come to Southend. His employees may well do. He may promote it on his socials for the benefit of his own company.

That being said it's fantastic for awareness and will help our commercial team out no end as sponsors will be chucking cash at us for the want of being involved in a production and the general media presence that will come with having (loose) links with a big name

Ultimately we stand to be beneficiaries of the Wrexham effect
Don't underestimate the possibility and power of his interest being significantly piqued by what his close friend Ryan Reynolds has been doing at Wrexham.

By no means am I saying it will be at the top end of the spectrum - i.e. he will be all in, investing in the club itself, flying over for numerous games, etc.

But I also don't think it would be at the bottom end of the spectrum where he "won't have any knowledge of us or the discussion whatsoever".

The reality is likely to be a halfway house. But, coming into it with his eyes wide open due to his relationship with Reynolds, just facilitating the documentary through his production company *could* open the door to him getting caught in the net like Reynolds was and becoming more interested in investing in the club itself.

You never know.

Winstone is a tiny part of the larger company in talks to take over.

I'm sure if you had a dig around and looked into your:Favourite musicians, Favourite flim stars, Favourite TV stars , Favourite authors ,Your friends at work etc, you'd find you disagree with them on some level be it politically, socially etc

Don't get hung up on the football team one person in the chain supports.

Does the fact the person who reads out the names at roots Hall is a West ham fan make any difference to your support of the club?

Life is short and something nice might be about to happen to our little club.

Let the light in.

*West Ham are a bunch of no mark ****houses though*
As I said saving our club is 1st priority and anyone with money is probably a step up from the current clown 🤡

I just want what's best for us and would prefer an outside party who either loves SUFC the way we all do or doesn't have any allegiance to another club but clearly beggars can't by choosers and survival is essential above all else 🤞

Don't underestimate the possibility and power of his interest being significantly piqued by what his close friend Ryan Reynolds has been doing at Wrexham.

By no means am I saying it will be at the top end of the spectrum - i.e. he will be all in, investing in the club itself, flying over for numerous games, etc.

But I also don't think it would be at the bottom end of the spectrum where he "won't have any knowledge of us or the discussion whatsoever".

The reality is likely to be a halfway house. But, coming into it with his eyes wide open due to his relationship with Reynolds, just facilitating the documentary through his production company *could* open the door to him getting caught in the net like Reynolds was and becoming more interested in investing in the club itself.

You never know.
You can't just put these things in people's head like that medway. Irresponsible, like drinking a tall glass of monkey ****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back