• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think our main concerns are finding a left footed centre back (if we continue with 3 CBs) and a striker that can put 20+ on the board.

Can't disagree with that but I think our strikers from this year would have benefited from a different balance of midfield.

I can't get the hang of these new fangled formations so I find it difficult to know how to specify how the midfield should be but I did feel at times like the strikers were too isolated.

I would be disappointed, if we moved away from the model for recruitment that was announced last year. A bit of extra cash would be helpful, but let's not get carried away. Remember it took Wrexham 2 years to get back to the EFL, despite an unlimited budget.
So it'd take 5, 10 years on the previous model ?

Maybe a mix of the two?

Not necessarily, it took Notts 4 without a stupid budget, it took Grimsby 1 without breaking the bank
last season was an abberration, a once in a decade happening, League will get back to normal next season .

Last edited:
I seem to recall it was mentioned that the 1st of June is the deadline to announced our list for next season, will we find out this week along with the rumoured upload of accounts?

look at Coventry and Luton. a massive budget isn’t necessary - what you need is a good structure, good recruitment, and team spirit.
i would say we have in place a very good structure and had very good team spirit , now all we need is a decent budget and new owners and allow JS, SVC, TL and Kev and Co to do be able to do their jobs without embargoes and other handicaps , and im sure we wont be VNL for much longer

Paul McCallum, formerly of Daggers & Chesterfield, has signed for Eastleigh.

I don’t know about this summer, but his name has appeared on our whiteboard in the past.
That's a great signing for Eastleigh. He'd have certainly improved our front line.

I know we can't think about these things just yet until a take over happens (🤞) but we have to have one eye on it.

I do wonder if McCallum fits into the age profile of Kev and Co though.

Resigned to not thinking about the football side of things for a while. Keeping the management team is the main priority.

I trust our football department to get enough reasonable footballers through the door as and when they can. Proven players maybe not but it’s where we are until new owners in place.

That's a great signing for Eastleigh. He'd have certainly improved our front line.

I know we can't think about these things just yet until a take over happens (🤞) but we have to have one eye on it.

I do wonder if McCallum fits into the age profile of Kev and Co though.
All our first choice and second choice targets will be gone by the time we get this sorted

All our first choice and second choice targets will be gone by the time we get this sorted
I agree, but as long as we get this sorted I'm not really that bothered. I'd be more than happy to accept consolidation for one season if it means a stable future. At various points this season, I thought there wasn't a future for the club I love. Missing out on a few targets because we are making sure we are sold for certain, is a price I'm willing to accept.

Anyway, first and second targets aren't all they're cracked up to be, Colin was 3rd choice 😉

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back