• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend United 2-1 Chesterfield

What a night, managed to find a sports bar in Bangkok with questionable methods of getting TNT sports. Luckily not competing with EPL or other sports tonight so they were happy to accommodate me.

Seeing D1versity being interviewed before the match was a great touch too. Another great shift, the only player who I thought had a few bad moments was Kensdale.

20231118_235748.jpg

from their board;;

I would say we was poor, but that would be unfair on Southend. They made us poor. They wanted it more, quicker to the ball, quick at closing us down, stopped us from playing out from the back. Let us have nothing except for a couple of crosses into their box (one which was put away). Saw people and TNT say that first half was evenly matched.. it wasn’t. They were by far superior in both halves.
Strange how different people see the same game differently. I felt Chesterfield were in control up until the penalty "incident"

That was right up there with beating Man Utd.
Not on performance, but everything to do with what went on around the game.
10 point deduction, refused postponement from Nat League for international call ups, 1year long transfer embargo, a loan striker missing the game, the captain missing the game, midst of a ownership takeover, Chesterfield almost unbeaten all season so far, we only had 2 subs, no burgers for the onions.

For some stupid reason i didnt think it was over at 1nil down. We never do things the easy way and Roots Hall was a cauldron of feverish Southend fans today.

There may be better wins to come this season, but that game will go down in history.

Don’t just give Kev the freedom of Southend, give it to all of the staff/players and everyone involved at Southend United.

These are all legends in their own right! Thank you to all for putting a massive smile back on my face with this recent run and today was an absolute treat!

And to think people didn’t want us to play 🤣

10 point deduction, refused postponement from Nat League for international call ups, 1year long transfer embargo, a loan striker missing the game, the captain missing the game, midst of a ownership takeover, Chesterfield almost unbeaten all season so far, we only had 2 subs, no burgers for the onions.

For some stupid reason i didnt think it was over at 1nil down. We never do things the easy way and Roots Hall was a cauldron of feverish Southend fans today.

There may be better wins to come this season, but that game will go down in history.
sorry to be pedantic but the captain was playing- Ralph

The foul on Taylor was just inside the box from my view in the South Upper. Also, loads of fans shouting offside for their goal and going mad about it. It was onside from what I saw, with their two strikers timing it perfectly. The luckiest thing for us was obviously the own goal.
The 'offside' was in the build up - not the final ball into the box.

TV wasn't conclusive, not the best angle

Yeah let's calm down a little bit

Just home after negotiating what looked like a Christmas fair in the high street 😅.. and grabbing some food.

I thought 1st half we struggled to get into our groove, a lot of wasted balls up to Cards or beyond Gus’s reach. Chesterfield looked better I thought and half time, I’d have taken a draw.

Second half…wow. We just hit our stride, started playing our usual game, the passing moves started coming and once we scored the pen, it looked like there was only 1 winner and that was us. Our defence and midfield put in great shifts and Mooney when he came on looked a threat every time he went forward (even if tackling isn’t his strong point, running is!) .. I can’t fault the way we played 2nd half at all and these lads amaze me week after week.

just got in - wow just wow

thought first half it was pretty even they just had that extra bit of quality up top

second half we seemed to up a gear and thank God for dodgy officials as our pen was defo outside the box, and thank God for their keeper who looked suspect the whole game

My MotM - Taylor
Foul was in the box.

“Southend have a starting 11 as good as anyone in this league. They didn’t need substitutes to beat us today. I’m not going to criticise our players, I’d much rather compliment Southend”. Paul Cook

Some nice words indeed.
Cook is a decent person and gives credit where due
That said, watching him ranting, jumping around the touchline and keep slapping his legs was fun to watch

Back