• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Bielzibubz

President
Sorry but I have to rant.

Before going over to BT Homehub Broardband I had 8meg using my own router on their Option 3 package. All was fine and I was paying £21.00 a month for virtually all last year with no amendments made to the direct debit and stayed in credit.

Since I went over to their Homehub 8meg package I have paid two monthly installments for £44.50. Admittedly a portion of this was for what they called 'installation costs'
I just called BT to query the amount they had amended the Direct Debit by and low and behold, and quite astonishingly, I had a quite frank and honest discussion with one of their operators.

I was told in all honesty that this is quite usual with certain accounts just prior to the start of the new year and if no communication is received from the customer querying the changes within six months of the changes being made then they automatically re-access the billing amount and reduce it accordingly.

I complained that as far as my broadband account is concerned nothing had changed except I'd taken delivery of a Homehub router.

The new monthly charge is based on the 'installation costs' of the Internet phone that comes as part of the Homehub deal but rather than change the direct debit amount for just the one month to cover those costs they change it and leave it as is for six :mad:

Anyway, thieving bastids didn't get away with it and it's now been reduced again to the £24.00 a month it should be.

Just think of the amount of people that don't query it and how much money BT can make on all the extra cash flowing into their coffers over a six month period.

Beware people......

Rant over..........until the next time.

Hmmmm. The old man got that Home Hub thing last week and it daren't set it up. He reckons its cheaper with it but i dont trust the thing so aint gunna bother setting the mother****** up!

Listen to The Hoff - Pipex is the way forward

****ing isnt bunch of ****ing ****s. They were good before Pipex got there dirty ****ing mits on the company.

My broadband is meant to be 2mb it has been running at approx 120k latley. i informed the customer services team today and there response.

"What do you want me to do"

I lost it big style lots of **** ****s bollx etc

DONT GO NEAR THIS BUNCH OF COWBOYS IF ITS THE LAST ISP ON THE ****ING PLANET :guns: :flamer: :mad:

Sky Broadband - it's the future
Please explain why this is the future, or do you mean that Sky might actually get the kit they have promised into all the exchanges in the future. I reckon Virgin Media could well be the future if they take everything that was good about Telewest and bring it to the greater audience.

Very happy with PlusNet (despite being owned by BT).. Been with them since 2002 and don't wish to move.

I currently use it to work from home 3 days a week and share the broadband (wirelessly) with neighbours eitherside of me.

Downloading is not generally a problem, although in the evening it can go slow.

Just started using VOIP as most of my life is spent on a telephone conference calls and this also works very well over broadband.

John

Back