• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sorry ACU, I am not seeing your point here?
Must be something up with the text I pasted, I can see it. Sorry, try this:

Two First Team matches

(v) If a Player accumulates ten recorded cautions in FTCM between the opening day
of the Playing Season and the last day of the same Season, he will be: -

“Severely Censured and Warned as to his future Conduct

Last edited:
100% with you RC but dont tell anyone or my credit rating or whatever its called,will go down even lower....as if I care. Admire you for telling it the way it is dispite the huddle of Tillyites who see no wrong in this season debarcle.

I didnt go to Plymouth today after what happened at Roots Hall last Saturday, the first time I have ever let the result of a match dictate whether or not I travel to an away game, but by mid morning I was feeling both incredibly guilty about not going down there to support the boys and also missing that feeling of nervous excitement in the build up to a match.....

How relieved I am about the decision I made.

Two things stand out about this match listening to it on the radio, and subsequently speaking to a distraught friend who was there...

Firstly, we are desperate for three points, a point in all honestly was not going to be enough, and what does the manager do? Takes off our biggest goal threat. Now granted, I wasnt at the match, but from what I could hear, and from his alleged reaction, it has to go down as one of the strangest decisions ever. The commentators were in disbelief at Freddy being taken off, as was he himself, and to compound that decision, he gets replaced with Harrold!! I mean come on.

If you are that keen to bring Harrold on, then fine, do so, but not at the expense of our best striker, that is just ridiculous. We needed 3 points, so take off a midfielder or a defender. Foran barely touched the ball by the sounds of it after coming on, so why not take him off and go 3 up top?? That decision is a catasrophically poor one and could possibly have denied us getting three points. I and no one else can say that for sure, but it certainly didnt help our cause!

Secondly, a round of applause for our Captain Fantastic, getting booked yet again for back chatting a referee and effectively ending his, and our, season with is. That is beyond comprehension that he could be that stupid and thoughtless to get a booking for something so inoculous and miss, possibly, although as it turns out, probably not, the two most crucial games of our season.

Another shocking day at the office by the manager and compunded by our captain. I wonder if he will come out and admit he was out of order? It would be nice!

Plymouth had nothing to play for, and by the sounds of it, that was clear as after they scored, it was all us and they were there for the taking, but yuet again we have let ourselves down in a match which was so crucial. It is so frustrating!

Next Saturdays game against Luton is academic now as we have to rely on Hull and Leeds not winning one of the remaining two games between them for us to stay up, and that is assuming we win both games, which if I am being honest, I cant see us winning either!

Still, at least it will be a chance for our midfielders we have sitting on the bench chomping at the bit to get on to have a game next week... Oh, wait a minute? We havent got any have we!!

Why don't you relieve all of us and f*ck off and watch Col U, or West Ham. Last season when we were winning, not a peep, now when things a bad again you leap in slagging off a manager who has turned us around from the brink of the Conference, has led us into successive seasons promotions (how many other clubs in any league have achieved this) and has revitalised a club that was dying on its knees. I have no problems with critics, I think Steve Tilson has made mistakes and has shown his lack of experience this season, but people like you make me sick as you seem to actually get off on moaning.

Wiggy seems to be a sad attention seeker, maybe you fall into that category. I will be renewing my season ticket and getting behind the lads WITH TILLY IN CHARGE next season, and if I had the chance I would thank him for providing more entertainmnet in the last three seasons that I have have had in many previous years supporting the club.

Sorry, but Eastwood has a back injury, missed the last game because of it.

Now I for one would firstly assume with such a probable reason he was taken off as it was playing up, why do others instantly blame the manager for a tactical error ?

What is going to happen next season? Will we get 6-7,000 season ticket holders? Extremely unlikely, will we average 10,000? .

We didnt get 6-7000 season ticket holders this season so of course not and even if we stayed up its highly unlikely we would have next season.

We have 5,500 season ticket holders now and I wouldnt expect a huge exodus.

PS for once Id actually agree with RC, Maher is an idiot for getting booked. If we werent totally screwed anyway he would have seriously damned us by essentially ending his own season.

Last edited:
I would imagine that the reason Tilly took Eastwood off was because he looked shattered and was possibly still suffering from the injury that put him out last game and only a maybe to play on the day!?!? Or is that just me that saw that???

I would imagine that the reason Tilly took Eastwood off was because he looked shattered and was possibly still suffering from the injury that put him out last game and only a maybe to play on the day!?!? Or is that just me that saw that???

no i saw that as well. but then i was sitting next to you and not in my armchair at home where it is easy to criticise without the facts.:finger:

Why don't you relieve all of us and f*ck off and watch Col U, or West Ham. Last season when we were winning, not a peep, now when things a bad again you leap in slagging off a manager who has turned us around from the brink of the Conference, has led us into successive seasons promotions (how many other clubs in any league have achieved this) and has revitalised a club that was dying on its knees. I have no problems with critics, I think Steve Tilson has made mistakes and has shown his lack of experience this season, but people like you make me sick as you seem to actually get off on moaning.

Wiggy seems to be a sad attention seeker, maybe you fall into that category. I will be renewing my season ticket and getting behind the lads WITH TILLY IN CHARGE next season, and if I had the chance I would thank him for providing more entertainmnet in the last three seasons that I have have had in many previous years supporting the club.

Last season not a peep? If you are going to assasinate my character, at least get your facts right matey.

Last season I was full of praise and compliments for the team and the management, how could I not be? If you are as clued up on my posting habits as you seem to be, then you may have realised this, and I think you will find the majority will agree with me.

Your response to my post is nothing short of contemtable - you basically say unless I agree that everything is 100% rosey in the garden I should fk off and support Col Ewe or West Ham - Grow up. If I didnt care about my team do you honestly think I would be this upset and annoyed at the current situation?

You call into question my loyalty and support of my team, but you know nothing about me. I have been a supporter since 1981, have been a season ticket holder from not long after that and I will be as long as there is a club at Southend, have spent thousands of pounds travelling the lenght and breadth of the country following come rain or shine so dont you dare tell me to go and support someone else just because you dont like the fact I dared to criticise my club.

If you dont agree with my post, fine, I am not asking you to. If you have to resort to personal insults, then you dont even deserve the repost I am giving you.

And if it offends you that much, then dont read what I have to say, even less respond to it.

As for the attention seeking remark, I guess because I dont necesarily fit in with the majority of the thinking on here I must be seeking to stand out for the sake of standing out and looking for attention. Thank for the psycho analysis, but I do believe that you will find most of my posts well written, thought out and fairly well executed - whether or not you agree with the content is another matter.

If you want to debate with me then fine, but if you just want to trade insults, then i have no interest in that thanks, us attention seekers prefer to be a little more subtle than that.

Sorry, but Eastwood has a back injury, missed the last game because of it.

Now I for one would firstly assume with such a probable reason he was taken off as it was playing up, why do others instantly blame the manager for a tactical error ?

I would have assumed that had it of sounded like he was having a bad game and looking tired - The reaction from the commentary team, including our very own Scriv, was of shock and surprise.

It also sounded like Freddy himself was not happy with the decision as he was walking off shaking his head.

I may well be wrong, and in fairness I did say that, but if he didnt want to come off, and we needed to score goals, then it was the wrong decision in my mind.

If Freddy was genuinely injured and not able to continue I will gladly hold my hands up and apologise, no problem with that.

To be honest Jam Man, if this was last season or the season before, it wouldnt have even entered my head that this would have been a tactical decision, but given that some of the changes and decisions that have been made of late, it is easy to see why people, including myself, would assume it to be a tactical decision by Tilly.

I would have assumed that had it of sounded like he was having a bad game and looking tired - The reaction from the commentary team, including our very own Scriv, was of shock and surprise.

It also sounded like Freddy himself was not happy with the decision as he was walking off shaking his head.

I may well be wrong, and in fairness I did say that, but if he didnt want to come off, and we needed to score goals, then it was the wrong decision in my mind.

If Freddy was genuinely injured and not able to continue I will gladly hold my hands up and apologise, no problem with that.

To be honest Jam Man, if this was last season or the season before, it wouldnt have even entered my head that this would have been a tactical decision, but given that some of the changes and decisions that have been made of late, it is easy to see why people, including myself, would assume it to be a tactical decision by Tilly.

For me Freddie didnt do nothing and looked only about 50% match fit - still no worse than Bradders who has about a third of the speed of the Goat . We looked dire up front so we needed the mighty ginger one to liven things up(!!). Freddie did look big time p*ssed off at been taken off

Maher is an ill disciplined tosser. What a stupid booking for back chattting the ref, for his testimonial we should chip in and get him a brain with cells in it.

I was at the match, and it was no surprise to see Freddy being substitued. Yet again he put in a mediocre, effortless, couldnt give a sh!t display and i was actually expecting him to get subbed even though Bradbury was also crap. But at least Bradbury was making runs. If fred had made the runs Bradbury had, we would have won but all he did was jog about, not giving a sh!t about the match. He has the skill and pace to get past players, Bradbury doesnt.

I think the point people are trying to make RC is that perhaps before penning your assumptions you should wait until the facts are known and then you don't have to backtrack and apologise.

Secondly, a round of applause for our Captain Fantastic, getting booked yet again for back chatting a referee and effectively ending his, and our, season with is. That is beyond comprehension that he could be that stupid and thoughtless to get a booking for something so inoculous and miss, possibly, although as it turns out, probably not, the two most crucial games of our season.

Hasn't the 'deadline' for 10 bookings resulting in a suspension passed???

RC I think your post is spot on. We have been walking a tightrope for so long this season and yet if anyone criticises Tilly or RM they come in for a slating.
From my point of view, and lets forget the fact that so many say we don't want to bankrupt ourselves, RM quoted personally that serious money would be given to Tilly in January - it never materialised.
We have by far and away the smallest squad in the division, and probably in League 1 also.
The buys Tilly has made are, with the possible exception of Clarke and McCormack, awful, and quite truthfully he has wasted so much money on them circa £ 750,000, that I, if I were RM, would probably worry about giving him any more to spend.
IMO we are returning to League 1 with a worse squad than when we left.
Tilly worked wonders for the previous 2 seasons, no one can deny that, but anyone in this game is judged on sucess and success alone, and Tilly has shown this season his inexperience and naivity.
Bad buys, playing players out of position, late or poor substitutions, poor tactics, and yet I will get shot down for saying this with the retorts of, and I wait for them, 'he saved us from the conference', 'he will learn from the experience', 'Tilly is SUFC through and through', all garbage if we struggle next year, and with lower gates and less revenue, and with so many of the poor players brought in being on longer contracts, we now have to stick with them.
All managers in the FL are criticised and yet if anyone comes on here and has a word against Tilly they are shot down.
RM extended Tilly's contract when most chairman would have replaced him. I just wonder how wise that will prove if we go straight back to League 2.
And before all the comments arrive about go and support ColU or West Ham, I will renew my ST next year, I will support the team, I'm not looking forward to the drop in opposition, and I'm disappointed at the clubs lack of aspirations and ambition this year the managers poor buys, inexperience and naivity and excuses about loan players.
Basically we had our chance and we blew it.

Hasn't the 'deadline' for 10 bookings resulting in a suspension passed???

Which is exactly what I was going to say after trolling through 3 pages.

I rarely agree with RC, but at least he puts his points across in a lucid manner, and is prepared to admit he may be wrong, unlike the likes of wiggy, TTK etc

Maher is an ill disciplined tosser. What a stupid booking for back chattting the ref, for his testimonial we should chip in and get him a brain with cells in it.

Yeah, much better to go back to the dark ages of our beloved football club when we had players who didn't care, took the money, showed no fight or spirit....or we'ren't you around then...?

Back