• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Council's Rule 6 Statement

In interesting read indeed.

Good to see the council so supportive of the project, a refreshing change from previous relocation attempts.

That is one monster list of rules and regulations to adhere to though!.

Not an easy read (!) but looks like there are 13 different issues raised by Secretary of State as reasons for holding enquiry. To someone with no background knowledge of these things, that sounds like a lot of hurdles to overcome. Hopefully one of the Shrimperzoners with Planning background can say whether this is par for the course or not.

It seems to me that the 13 issues raised are asking for assurances that they have been met rather than highlighting reasons not to grant planing permission. The only point that reads with any uncertainty from the councils statement seems to be the flood attenuation issues where it states the plans may meet the criteria.

The only point that reads with any uncertainty from the councils statement seems to be the flood attenuation issues where it states the plans may meet the criteria.

Irrelevant, we dont get any flooding in England. Ahem.....

Would be nice if someone who knows this kind of report could comment but to my layman skills just seems like the points are addressed by the council in a positive way.

Irrelevant, we dont get any flooding in England. Ahem.....

Would be nice if someone who knows this kind of report could comment but to my layman skills just seems like the points are addressed by the council in a positive way.

Isn't that what I asked?

Flood Defences

Back