• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Davros

The Whippet
i have just fired this off to C2C customer relations... i think you'll enjoy..

Dear C2C

a bemusing journey home last night...

Having been kicked off the train at Basildon circa 10.30pm we were told there would be buses soon to take us further onwards.

After an hour (and another couple of trains arriving at Basildon kicking off more passengers) a bus finally came... however, we were told by the driver that the problem had been sorted and trains were running again, and that he was going back to Laindon (of course everyone there wanted to go East).... at this point I pointed out to the bus driver that if the problem was cleared, why was there a coroners van sitting in front of him, and 3 police cars dotted about... but to no avail.

So, having walked back to the station, only to be told (by a network rail engineer... as naturally you have no staff at your stations after 10pm) that the trains were indeed, as we all suspected, not up and running again... we returned disgruntled to the bus stop to wait... hopefully.

About 10 minutes later another chap from network rail arrived, and he kindly phoned through for us, and found out a bus would soon be coming... one did arrive, but he said he would only be going as far as Pitsea... we got on... wondering how we would get further..

Anyhow... alas, we got to Pitsea, and there was another bus waiting... the driver of that other bus got off, and told the driver of our bus to carry on to Shoebury... however, the small snag was the driver didn't know the roads... and so a volunteer was asked for... after looking around and seeing half the people were to p*ssed to navigate, and the other half were understandably too hacked off by this point I stepped up to the plate.

The driver I may point out here was a thoroughly nice chap, and is not to blame in any shape or form for the shambles we had to encounter last night.

Anyhow, having guided your bus as far as Southend East (my stop), and entertained your passengers along the way (well lets face it, there hadn't been one single member of C2C staff present during our 'adventure' to try and cheer people up), I arrived home at about 1am.... ready to face my commute inwards at 7am this morning.

Now admittedly, I did volunteer to help, and in a way I quite enjoyed it... however, my job is here and now... not acting as a conductor for your buses. In respect to this, and being stranded for a couple of hours with no direction from any member of staff, I respectfully ask that my fair for yesterday be re-imbursed (I am a season ticket holder).

Many thanks for your time reading, and I look forward to your response.

David Raffaelli (aka C2C's No.1 unofficial Bus Conductor)

blah... my passengers particually liked "on the left now you'll see Lidl's"

Did you make the bus stop outside your house?

The temptation was quite high.... we did make a few unschedueled stops (someone was just about to Vom)... and despite him asking me to avoid low bridges (double decker) i believe we only had a couple of inches to spare coming under the one between Chalkwell and Westcliff station... but to be fair there aint many other ways of getting to that one!

a reply from our good friends...

Dear Mr Raffaelli,

Thank you for your email of the 26 October 2007, about your travel experience on the evening of the 25th.

I am very sorry that it has taken some time to respond to you and apologise for the extremely disrupted journey that you had that evening. I was concerned by the descriptions that you provided about the level of customer care from the c2c team and the manner that the replacement bus service operators were managing the situation.

Because of the feedback that you have provided I have made sure that our c2c retail manager Hugh Jennings and his team have received a copy of your email. I have asked Hugh to comment on your observations and let me know the detail that he has about the event. I have also passed detail to our bus coordinator who works with National Express to obtain replacement bus services. Whilst arrangements were clearly made at short notice it is very disappointing to learn that the work on the ground was not better managed.

It is clearly not acceptable for a customer to have to direct a bus driver to stations, and I am confident that this will be investigated and addressed with the companies providing the bus service for us that evening.

I have your company address and have arranged to send a letter and travel vouchers to you to thank you for your assistance that evening and also for your feedback about your experience.

Once again, thank you very much for taking the time to contact me about the travel that you undertook on the 25th.

Yours sincerely

Lynsey Flack
Customer Relations Manager

Big success!

nah, i get a lot of mail sent to me at work anyway, so as she says, they will come here pretty soon.

Back