• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Hello & welcome back to the studio where we can now summarise the current state of play in the eagerly awaited ShrimperZone Battle of the Bands 2007.

Well, at half-time this week we're not seeing things as close as we have in other recent cup competitions. So far we've seen no huge shocks and Round 1 has generally gone the way of form, with perhaps only Oasis causing a slight shock in their Mancunian derby with The Smiths.

The managers of The Jam & Radiohead will be particularly pleased at how their boys have seen off the initial competition from American upstarts such as The Killers and Nine Inch Nails respectively, as will followers of Pink Floyd in their 70s v 90s Prog Rock match-up against Wigan's finest, The Verve.

Muse have performed strongly throughout against bursts of performance from rank outsiders Roni Size whilst The Rolling Stones have rarely been troubled in the BlueVoice sponsored DadRock derby against The Eagles.

The Beatles continue to grind away (a certain Mr Mercury likes it apparently) against their worthy opponents Queen in the tie of the round, but surely the most exciting match is in London as punk anthemists The Clash do battle with the Mod Army from across town, The Who. This match-up has been nip & tuck all day and in a sometimes heated affair, points have only been put on the board after each team's managers have appealed to their support to come out and back them.

Half-time Scores
Queen (sponsored by Billericay Blue) 26-37 The Beatles (spnsored by Libertine)

Pink Floyd (sponsored by BlueBlood) 33-19 The Verve (sponsored by SUFCEssex)

The Killers (sponsored by Davewebbsbrain) 17-38 The Jam (sponsored by MK Shrimper)

Oasis (sponsored by Einstein) 39-22 The Smiths (sponsored by Uxbridge Shrimper)

The Clash (sponsored by Firestorm) 27-25 The Who (sponsored by CanveyShrimper)

The Rolling Stones (sponsored by McNasty) 40-11 The Eagles (sponsored by Cricko)

Muse (sponsored by MuseShrimper) 38-11 Roni Size (sponsored by DtS)

Nine Inch Nails (sponsored by Mr Gilbo) 11-35 Radiohead (sponsored by Glasgow SUFC)

Back to the action, keep the votes coming please ladies & gentleman!

It has been noted.:thump:

Is that bad then?

I merely cast my vote based on my limited knowledge of 78 records or lps as I think they were called in those days. When HMV meant something else apart from some student serving at the weekend in a tight black t-shirt.

I think it is clear where my voting would have gone (points to avatar and sig).....and if there were more scantily clad songstresses or strumpetter then I clearly would have put more thought into my voting choice.

I can only apologise for any poor choices but I am only young....:p

Back