• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I wish some of you boys had been alive and playing football in the 1980s and 1990s, god knows how you would have reacted to some of the games I have played in, in fact as recently as 2003 we had a game abandoned at canewdon, due to referee hitting one of our players,then theres the legendary kursaalflyers, with way out front mark godfrey, sadly doing life at the moment, who fronted some threat of violence by pulling his knife out

I wish some of you boys had been alive and playing football in the 1980s and 1990s, god knows how you would have reacted to some of the games I have played in, in fact as recently as 2003 we had a game abandoned at canewdon, due to referee hitting one of our players,then theres the legendary kursaalflyers, with way out front mark godfrey, sadly doing life at the moment, who fronted some threat of violence by pulling his knife out

Sadly?

You be the judge:

http://archive.harwichandmanningtreestandard.co.uk/2003/3/19/148636.html

There was also a Mark Godfrey at my school, but he wasn't a nutter. I'm therefore forced to draw the obvious conclusion that everyone went to school with some fella called Mark Godfrey.

C C Csiders said:
There was a Mark Godfrey at my school also. He too was a nutter, so it might be him. It doesn't reveal his age, which will be the tell-tale factor.
Which school CCS, Beauchamps Wickford ?

Thanks for the comments (excluding J) havent been in touch with my mate about it yet but last I heard is that he wants to get his brother and his mates to deal with him which is just ridiculous. Agree with Matttheshrimp about being biased but the ref was on our side and our keeper is a policeman too, i dont know whether this would help us. I'm happy to put up with the physicality of the game as that is a part of football, but were not there to fight.

PS both players got sent off. our player was taken off only to try to put an end to the arguing as no doubt had he have stayed on it would have started again, we wont be getting fined for the red card

There was a Mark Godfrey at my school also. He too was a nutter, so it might be him. It doesn't reveal his age, which will be the tell-tale factor.

Mark Godfrey is well and truly not a sunday footballer, well not at least for another 3 years..

Last edited:
I must admit, that article doesn't actually tell teh whole TRUE story though does it?

No idea, no nothing about it. But anyone carrying a 13" knife, irrespective of any provocation deserves to be banged up.

Perhaps you should find out the real truth.. then pass judgement

So did the jury not pass judgement - were they not given the facts?
Yes, they would have been. In our (quite correctly) defendant-weighted criminal justice system, if they sent him down for attempted murder, that's good enough for me.

J, on the other hand, invariably has only a passing acquaintance with the facts of any given situation.

Matt

Back